Luckily no cyclists were involved this time.

Old November 7th 11, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Default Luckily no cyclists were involved this time.

On 07/11/2011 07:36, Doug wrote:
On 6-Nov-2011, Tony wrote:

On 06/11/2011 06:41, Doug wrote:
On 5-Nov-2011, "Mr. wrote:

Are bicycles allowed on the M5?

No. Hitlerian style motorways discriminate against cyclists and
pedestrians
and are the preserve of drivers of fast motorised vehicles who are
specially
favoured in law.

They were designed for fast traffic.
The Motorways were prior to Hitler.

Our motorways are based on Hitlerian ones and are as discriminatory.

Given my comments, would you care to explain that?

It is one thing for drivers to kill each other, and some might say it is
rough justice for going too fast, but it is another thing when they kill
or
injure vulnerable road users such as cyclists.

A death or an injury is just as bad whatever the mode of transport, but
I note that you rub your hands with glee if the victim is a motorist.

Well cyclists are usually blamed for their own deaths when a car collides
with them aren't they?

Well it would be fair to blame them if they were at fault.

It is long overdue that such
slaughter should be prevented and one contribution that could be made is
reduce vehicle speeds all round. Human safety should take priority over
expedience, instead of the reverse as it stands.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Old November 7th 11, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 07/11/2011 07:30, Doug wrote:
On 6-Nov-2011, Tony wrote:

On 06/11/2011 07:18, Doug wrote:
On Nov 5, 5:45 pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 5, 7:33 am, "Doug" wrote:

Doesn't this clearly indicate how dangerous drivers can be? Glad to
see it
wasn't called a euphemistic 'accident' this time, they are learning.
Can you
imagine how dreadful it would have been had cyclists been involved?
They
wouldn't have stood a chance.

""Several" people were killed and up to 35 injured in a 27-vehicle
crash on
the M5 near Taunton, Somerset, police say.

Officers said the crash, which happened close to junction 25
northbound at
about 20:30 GMT on Friday, led to "one massive fireball" at the scene.

Emergency crews said the cause of the crash was not clear, but there
had
been reports of heavy rain and fog..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-15603124

You sound so happy.

Aren't you happy that no cyclists were involved then? If not why not?

With that comment you show just how sick you are.

Explain, if you know how.

I don't have to, you have done it better than I.

--
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net

Old November 7th 11, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , JNugent
writes
On 07/11/2011 17:52, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message
, Simon
Mason writes
On Nov 7, 4:31 pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 16:04:12 -0000, "Mortimer" wrote:
Maybe in fog the
rule should be "if you can see the lights of the car ahead, you
already
too close to it and should back off".

That is sensible in some circumstances for sure.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman,http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed

On the continent there is the two chevron rule and to help drivers
judge a "safe" distance, there are real chevrons painted on the
carriageway.

They have (or, I believe, 'had', until some recent resurfacing) some on the
M6, between J18 and 19. Signs said something like "Leave two chevrons between
vehicles". In my opinion, at 70mph, that would be far too close.

They're further apart than they look from near ground level.

Is the vehicle in front of me also further away than it looks at ground
level?
--
Ian
Old November 7th 11, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
JNugent[_7_]

wrote:
[...]

Watch the traffic from an overbridge, eg, at one of those older service areas
built out over the carriageway.

Vehicles never seem that far apart when you're actually in one of them.

Old November 7th 11, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

On Nov 5, 7:33*am, "Doug" wrote:
Doesn't this clearly indicate how dangerous drivers can be? Glad to see it
wasn't called a euphemistic 'accident' this time, they are learning. Can you
imagine how dreadful it would have been had cyclists been involved? They
wouldn't have stood a chance.

Hey, Doug, last I heard 7 people died. Will you get 7 separate wanks
out of this one, or does it only count as a single collision from your
point of view?
Old November 7th 11, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Bertie Wooster

wrote:
[...]

Some of these motor vehicles look terrifyingly close together.
http://g.co/maps/xh863
http://g.co/maps/42sff
http://g.co/maps/g885w
http://g.co/maps/hdccx

And looking from the air the picture is even more terrifying. Can you
imagine driving this close in a place where motor vehicles are allowed
to drive at speeds of up to 70mph, and are regularly driven much
faster?
http://g.co/maps/tz7zs
Old November 7th 11, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 12:26:21 +0000, Judith wrote:

Or are you talking ****e as usual.

That is a great compliment coming from the judith.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 7th 11, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
JNugent[_7_]

wrote:

In , JNugent
wrote:
On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 16:04:12 -0000, wrote:
[...]

Telephoto has that effect.

Ever seen "The Graduate"?

And looking from the air the picture is even more terrifying. Can you
imagine driving this close in a place where motor vehicles are allowed
to drive at speeds of up to 70mph, and are regularly driven much
faster?
http://g.co/maps/tz7zs

What is their speed?
Old November 8th 11, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

wrote:
[...]

Ah yes, the ratchet effect: that which you got away with today is
therefore safe and the baseline for pushing the envelope a little
further tomorrow.

Guy
Old November 8th 11, 07:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Bertie Wooster

wrote:
[...]

I thought the Google car used a wide angle, not telephoto, lens.

Ever seen "The Graduate"?

And looking from the air the picture is even more terrifying. Can you
imagine driving this close in a place where motor vehicles are allowed
to drive at speeds of up to 70mph, and are regularly driven much
faster?
http://g.co/maps/tz7zs

What is their speed?

Should be no more than 70mph, but who knows?... It could be faster.