The humanity of motorists - a heartwarming sight.

Old November 18th 16, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default The humanity of motorists - a heartwarming sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-C3XBzYh8

Skip to 3:44

Nice to see motorists rushing to help a damsel in distress.
Cynics might claim the majority of motorist in this situation would only be concerned with their own convenience and just drive on by.

Old November 19th 16, 04:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-C3XBzYh8

Skip to 3:44

Nice to see motorists rushing to help a damsel in distress.
Cynics might claim the majority of motorist in this situation would only be concerned with their own convenience and just drive on by.

IBM will need to come up with cheaper memory storage to keep track of all the bad motorists.

Bret Cahill

Old November 19th 16, 06:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 19 November 2016 03:31:58 UTC, Bret Cahill wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-C3XBzYh8

Skip to 3:44

Nice to see motorists rushing to help a damsel in distress.
Cynics might claim the majority of motorist in this situation would only be concerned with their own convenience and just drive on by.

IBM will need to come up with cheaper memory storage to keep track of all the bad motorists.

Bret Cahill

Going backwards though - my 160 GB, 25000 track i-pod is never going to be surpassed as your average Joe Sixpack wants it on his cellphone.

Old November 20th 16, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 20/11/2016 05:38, Phil Lee wrote:
Bret Cahill considered Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:31:56
-0800 (PST) the perfect time to write:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-C3XBzYh8

Skip to 3:44

Nice to see motorists rushing to help a damsel in distress.
Cynics might claim the majority of motorist in this situation would only be concerned with their own convenience and just drive on by.

IBM will need to come up with cheaper memory storage to keep track of all the bad motorists.

Thankfully, both the capacity and price of non-volatile storage are
improving sufficiently fast. I can get a card the size of my little
fingernail and 0.72mm thick, which holds more than 12,000 times as
much as my first hard disk, which measured 5.25 x 8 x 1.6", and
100,000 times the size isn't far off - it's already possible to store
a terabyte on a thumbnail sized SDXC card. That's around 2 days of
continuous 1080p HD video, or 12 hours on the micro format ones.
So you can even store enough detail to make sure nothing is missed,
and power requirements are low enough that a fairly small capacitor
will take care of ensuring that there is no data corruption if the
power is lost.
The biggest problem is the ability of computer operating systems to
manage drives of such rapidly increasing capacity.

Once the police can be relied upon to act on such evidence reliably,
driving standards are likely to improve very fast (or public transport
to increase it's capacity to cope with all the ex-drivers who can't or
won't learn). The biggest problem is political will to give the
police the resources to act on all the video they would receive if all
drivers and cyclists with videos are encouraged to submit them,
particularly when it would be a short term commitment (once drivers
had learned that driving dangerously had consequences, and the worst
were removed from the roads, the need for such additional resources
would fade fast.
And of course, the decent drivers would have far less congestion to
deal with.

I could get a hundred or more cyclists taken off the road for illegal
actions by just filming over a ten mile journey on one day. So just a
few thousand motorists with cameras could get every cyclist off the road
within a week or so, now that would be a Christmas present to hope for.
Old November 20th 16, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 19 November 2016 03:31:58 UTC, Bret Cahill wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-C3XBzYh8

Skip to 3:44

Nice to see motorists rushing to help a damsel in distress.
Cynics might claim the majority of motorist in this situation would only be concerned with their own convenience and just drive on by.

IBM will need to come up with cheaper memory storage to keep track of all the bad motorists.

Look at this silly little girl I caught yesterday - weaving all over the road and when I passed her, she was on her cellphone.

https://youtu.be/rvvmqmcCFRs

Old November 24th 16, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 20/11/2016 07:44, MrCheerful wrote:

I could get a hundred or more cyclists taken off the road for illegal
actions by just filming over a ten mile journey on one day. So just a
few thousand motorists with cameras could get every cyclist off the road
within a week or so, now that would be a Christmas present to hope for.

The thing is, the camera that can take images of the things you imagine
has not yet been invented.

Old November 24th 16, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 24/11/2016 20:00, TMS320 wrote:
On 20/11/2016 07:44, MrCheerful wrote:

I could get a hundred or more cyclists taken off the road for illegal
actions by just filming over a ten mile journey on one day. So just a
few thousand motorists with cameras could get every cyclist off the road
within a week or so, now that would be a Christmas present to hope for.

The thing is, the camera that can take images of the things you imagine
has not yet been invented.

There is no problem with taking video of cyclists riding on a footway,
or riding the wrong side of a traffic island, or going through a red
light, these are a few of the illegal things that I noticed cyclists
doing during a shortish journey earlier today. Now how those could be
imaginary, I do not understand, can you explain? The cyclist with two
heavy bags of shopping hanging off his handlebars was one of the most
ridiculous I have seen this week, he was wobbling all over the place,
but at least he was riding in the road.
Old November 24th 16, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

I nipped out to the corner shop this evening.
There is a ramp for access to this shop, there is no other access.
There was a bicycle dumped across the ramp. I stamped all over the spokes of
the bicycle. I have big feet.
When I came out this bellend was looking at his bicycle with dismay.

Old November 24th 16, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Thursday, 24 November 2016 21:32:18 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

the bicycle. I have big feet.
When I came out this bellend was looking at his bicycle with dismay.

Not big enough to trash all the bikes in Utrecht today though.

Old November 24th 16, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 21:32:00 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

Was it too difficult for you to step over it?

--
Sex drive: a physical craving that begins in adolescence and ends at marriage.