Cycling not particularly dangerous

Old June 9th 08, 08:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Zebee Johnstone

Default Cycling not particularly dangerous

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:44:30 -0500
Wilson wrote:

I'm not telling you not to cycle on the road, I'm only suggesting if you do
and you get run over by a bus there's every likelihood it will be your last
ride. So do whatever you can to avoid that eventuality. To me this is
common sense stuff. You know like maybe not wearing a helmet when you
ride - you consider the safety ramifications and you take your chances.

The important bit is to know what the safety ramifications *are*.

It isn't what you don't know that hurts you, it's what you think you
know that isn't so.

Things like active vs passive safety, road position, predictability,
usefulness or otherwise of eyecontact, heaps of things that need to be
carefully thought about rather than just assumed based on gut feeling.

Zebee

Oh, cycling is definitely dangerous Andre Jute Techniques 0 March 4th 08 05:42 AM
Dangerous cycling? Mike Sales UK 11 October 10th 06 11:14 AM
Cycling is dangerous - TV ad Wally Australia 19 August 18th 06 05:22 AM
but how dangerous is cycling? Jeremy Parker UK 4 January 3rd 06 03:15 PM
Cycling is dangerous Garry Jones General 375 November 21st 03 06:52 PM