Driving on pavements.

Old July 30th 09, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Driving on pavements.

What is the feeling of members of this group?

I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

Doug..
Old July 30th 09, 07:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Graculus

"Doug" wrote in message
What is the feeling of members of this group?

I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

Relevance to cycling? None.

Old July 30th 09, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman[_3_]

Default OT Driving on pavements.

Doug wrote:

What is the feeling of members of this group?

I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

Doug..

driving or parking on pavements is very unlikley to get many if any
supporters here or many places, but this still has naff all to do with
cycling.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old July 30th 09, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

Doug wrote:
What is the feeling of members of this group?

I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

What has this got to do with cycling Doug?

Old July 30th 09, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 30 July, 07:26, "Graculus"
wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

What is the feeling of members of this group?

I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

Relevance to cycling? None.

Well there is if motorists hits cyclists, which this NG repeatedly
informs us, who cycle on pavements.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old July 30th 09, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
chris French

In message
, Doug
writes
What is the feeling of members of this group?

I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

i think they should be made to drive on pavements, then when cycling or
waking etc. there would eb thee nice big roads to do it on :-)
--
Chris French

Old July 30th 09, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_2_]

Doug wrote:
On 30 July, 07:26, "Graculus"
wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

What is the feeling of members of this group?
I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

Relevance to cycling? None.

Well there is if motorists hits cyclists, which this NG repeatedly
informs us, who cycle on pavements.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Then the cyclists are at fault as well then.

Bod
Old July 30th 09, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_2_]

chris French wrote:
In message
, Doug
writes
What is the feeling of members of this group?

I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

i think they should be made to drive on pavements, then when cycling or
waking etc. there would eb thee nice big roads to do it on :-)

eb thee nice?...is this a medieval pun or something?

Bod
Old July 30th 09, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
What is the feeling of members of this group?

I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

Doug..

This is a cycling NG but whatever.
I am against any use of the footway by anyone other than pedestrians.
But please note that there are times that traffic of many kinds are
allowed to use the footway, shared use, gaining access to entrances,
working vehicles, etc.

--

Tony Dragon
Old July 30th 09, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Bod wrote:
chris French wrote:
In message
,
Doug writes
What is the feeling of members of this group?

I am unhappy about cars on pavements because they not only crack the
paving slabs but they also put pedestrians at risk and inconvenience
them..

i think they should be made to drive on pavements, then when cycling
or waking etc. there would eb thee nice big roads to do it on :-)

eb thee nice?...is this a medieval pun or something?

Bod

Nah, that's what happens when you don't wipe the buttrt from your hands
when you type.

--

Tony Dragon