Crazy eBay offers

Old April 8th 21, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Crazy eBay offers

On 4/8/2021 8:39 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/8/2021 7:14 AM, wrote:
Â* To send a bike by ground transportation from Oakland to Washington
DC is $400 with packing and shipping. This is WITHOUT insurance.

My shipping experience is limited to a very few times at the local UPS
office and the US Post Office.Â* And the prices always seem high for
small boxes.Â* I'm guessing shipping costs are one reason Craig's List
local sales saw growth in the past decade, at the expense of eBay.Â* I
have some specialized items I have considered selling.Â* But maybe I am
lucky in that they are a name brand item with dedicated sales forums
on the internet.Â* Shipping, local delivery may work out differently
than with very large bicycle boxes sent across the USA.

Mr Kunich's large frame size puts his cartons over 130 inches which bear
an 'oversize' surcharge.Â* Freight (and postage) rates are climbing
rapidly, but his is a special case beyond that.

Since he seems to be buying these frames and bikes for reselling instead
of riding, perhaps he should buy smaller ones.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 8th 21, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 05:27:05 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 6:07:20 PM UTC-7,
wrote:
On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 3:34:03 PM UTC-4,
wrote:
It isn't as if I am overcharging for my bikes on eBay. And boxing and
sending them is a definite pain in the butt and now VERY EXPENSIVE.
Especially compared to just a couple of years ago. Offers are mostly
less than FRAMESETS are selling for on a Di2 equipped bike. To send a
bike by ground transportation from Oakland to Washington DC is $400
with packing and shipping. This is WITHOUT insurance. Not to mention
that absolute pain-in-the ass of having to move around a package that
side by yourself. Yeah, it only weighs 26 lbs. but it is 56" long and
36" tall and 7" wide. I can just barely get it in the trunk of my car
leaving the trunk lid open. Dumbass eBay wouldn't print the label for
UPS on my last bike so I had to do everything myself. I wasted half a
tank of gas doing everything this way. With a label I could have had
it picked up at the dealer that packed the bike.

So why are you doing this??

- Frank Krygowski

I'm doing it so that other people not as stupid as you can have a bike
that they are proud of. One would think that as a supposed mechanical
engineer that such things would be obvious to you. But as we can see
from everyone of your postings, you are afraid of advanced technology
and probably are still using downtube shifter.

Pure bull**** silly little tommy.
the average punter would be far better to buy a down-shifter than some
complex piece of modern fashion.

Old April 8th 21, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 05:35:27 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

I listed my Emonda on eBay two days ago and I've already had two offers on it.

I'm disappointed. You post a blow by blow account of your trials and
tribulations preparing an unknown quantity of bicycles for sale and
you fail to post a photo or eBay page? After a dozen articles
discussing the relative merits of different bottom bracket threads and
receiving expert advice on exactly how you screwed up, I would have
expected a photo and description of the final result. At a minimum,
you should be proud to display the results of your skill and efforts.
Instead, you require those who had assisted to laboriously dig through
the eBay listings to find a photo and description. Aren't you proud
of your work? Don't you want others to see your handiwork? If so,
why are you don't your best to hide the listing? Or, are we just
pawns in your game of chess interested only in maximizing your
profits? What are you hiding?

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old April 8th 21, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:

[...]

It was a difficult 5 minute search, but I think I found it. Is it
this one?

"Trek Emonda 60 cm Ultegra Di2"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
$3,500 + $150 shipping.

Old April 8th 21, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 05:27:05 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

But as we can see from everyone of your postings, you are
afraid of advanced technology and probably are still using
downtube shifter.

1. Who is this "we"? Is there more than one of you or is this the
"majestic plural"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we

2. I like my downtube shifters (1984 Miyata 610):
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/Miyata-610.JPG
(Sorry about the rusted chain).
Soon, everyone will be using wireless downtube shifters:
"SRAM Introduces the eTap DT87 Wireless Downtube Shifters"
https://biketoday.news/article/sram-introduces-the-etap-dt87-wireless-downtube-shifters

Old April 8th 21, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Did you find that Emonda the same size with Ultegra manual shifting parts on it for twice that price? No, I didn't think that you would mention it if you had.
Old April 8th 21, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 4/8/2021 3:11 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

It was a difficult 5 minute search, but I think I found it. Is it
this one?

"Trek Emonda 60 cm Ultegra Di2"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
$3,500 + $150 shipping.

There were several different Emonda variants in 2018. At $3500 for a
used one with no warranty presumably it's the Émonda SLR ($6500 new),
but the listing doesn't say.

A rule of thumb for used bicycles in person to person sales isthat it's
worth 60% of the new MSRP at the time (if the used bike is in pristine
condition) and upgrades do not improve the value. So $6500 * 0.60 =
$3900, so $3650 is not unreasonable considering the cosmetic damage that
is noted. But if it's a lower-end model then the price is high.

Old April 8th 21, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 15:26:41 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich

"Trek Emonda 60 cm Ultegra Di2"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
$3,500 + $150 shipping.

Did you find that Emonda the same size with Ultegra manual shifting parts on it for twice that price? No, I didn't think that you would mention it if you had.

Is that the correct listing? We want to know.

Sorting the available Emonda bicycles by price:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=emonda
We find that there are 24 out of 53 bicycles selling for less than
your $3,500 asking price. There are two machines offered for $10,000
each. One is also asking $1,000 for shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164545474696
We suggest you raise your asking price.

Old April 9th 21, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 3:51:47 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 4/8/2021 3:11 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip
It was a difficult 5 minute search, but I think I found it. Is it
this one?

"Trek Emonda 60 cm Ultegra Di2"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trek-Emonda-60-cm-Ultegra-Di2/294106726321
$3,500 + $150 shipping.

There were several different Emonda variants in 2018. At $3500 for a
used one with no warranty presumably it's the Émonda SLR ($6500 new),
but the listing doesn't say.

A rule of thumb for used bicycles in person to person sales isthat it's
worth 60% of the new MSRP at the time (if the used bike is in pristine
condition) and upgrades do not improve the value. So $6500 * 0.60 =
$3900, so $3650 is not unreasonable considering the cosmetic damage that
is noted. But if it's a lower-end model then the price is high.

Perhaps you could present to us any sort of information that you are any sort of an expert concerning about the prices of anything new or used? Where did you get your license to identify condition and value? You must have an ego the size of the White House and a mind with similar values.

Unlike you or this dumb**** Jeff, i don't brag, what I say I did, I did. The numbers of lives that were saved because of my work, if anything is greatly understated.