Wassit called.

Old April 12th 21, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_6_]

Default Wassit called.

Looking for the name of a part .
It stops chain slap by having the chain run through it but it is NOT a
chain guide . It affixes to the chain stay not over the front chain ring.
Old April 12th 21, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

https://amzn.to/329DcEs
Old April 13th 21, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_6_]

On 12/04/2021 21:33, wrote:
On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 12:50:31 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
Looking for the name of a part .
It stops chain slap by having the chain run through it but it is NOT a
chain guide . It affixes to the chain stay not over the front chain ring.

https://amzn.to/329DcEs

Thanks for that.
Not what I meant though sort of hoopish about two centimetres long,
chain runs through it. stops the chain 'bouncing up and down not so much
to protect the chain stay. More used on a 1 X

Edit :-
FOUND ONE.

https://tinyurl.com/2vfxzne4

Mea culpa, it is called a chain guide. It's just not what people
normally think of as a chain guide.
Old April 13th 21, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_13_]

On 13/04/2021 08:14 am, soup wrote:
On 12/04/2021 21:33, wrote:
On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 12:50:31 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
Looking for the name of a part .
It stops chain slap by having the chain run through it but it is NOT a
chain guide . It affixes to the chain stay not over the front chain
ring.

https://amzn.to/329DcEs

Â*Thanks for that.
Not what I meant though sort of hoopish about two centimetres long,
chain runs through it. stops the chain 'bouncing up and down not so much
to protect the chain stay. More used on a 1 X

Edit :-
FOUND ONE.

https://tinyurl.com/2vfxzne4

Â*Â* Mea culpa, it is called a chain guide. It's just notÂ* what people
normally think of as a chain guide.

Didn't Sam Cooke sing about working on one?
Old April 13th 21, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_6_]

On 12/04/2021 21:33, wrote:
On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 12:50:31 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
Looking for the name of a part .
It stops chain slap by having the chain run through it but it is NOT a
chain guide . It affixes to the chain stay not over the front chain
ring.

https://amzn.to/329DcEs

Â*Â*Thanks for that.
Not what I meant though sort of hoopish about two centimetres long,
chain runs through it. stops the chain 'bouncing up and down not so much
to protect the chain stay. More used on a 1 X

Edit :-
FOUND ONE.

https://tinyurl.com/2vfxzne4

Â*Â*Â* Mea culpa, it is called a chain guide. It's just notÂ* what people
normally think of as a chain guide.

Didn't Sam Cooke sing about working on one?

♫ That's the sound (that's the sound) of the men working on the chain
guide ♫.

Nah doesn't work
Old April 13th 21, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 8:17:45 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:

♫ That's the sound (that's the sound) of the men working on the chain
guide ♫.

Nah doesn't work

I prefer this - reminds me of my 0500h commute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjqzdEqRK_4
Old April 13th 21, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 13/04/2021 08:14, soup wrote:
On 12/04/2021 21:33, wrote:
On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 12:50:31 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
Looking for the name of a part .
It stops chain slap by having the chain run through it but it is NOT a
chain guide . It affixes to the chain stay not over the front chain
ring.

https://amzn.to/329DcEs

Â*Thanks for that.
Not what I meant though sort of hoopish about two centimetres long,
chain runs through it. stops the chain 'bouncing up and down not so much
to protect the chain stay. More used on a 1 X

Edit :-
FOUND ONE.

https://tinyurl.com/2vfxzne4

Mea culpa, it is called a chain guide. It's just notÂ* what people
normally think of as a chain guide.

I assumed you were worried about damaging the paint on top of the stay.
Are you really sure this will help?

I found something that improved chain behaviour was to fit a lighter
chain. On a 7sp block, moving from a 7sp to 9sp chain made a big
difference. I now use a 10sp chain on a 9sp block. The sprockets are all
the same thickness so the chain doesn't get stuck.
Old April 13th 21, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_13_]

On 12/04/2021 21:33, wrote:
On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 12:50:31 PM UTC+1, soup wrote:
Looking for the name of a part .
It stops chain slap by having the chain run through it but it is NOT a
chain guide . It affixes to the chain stay not over the front chain
ring.

https://amzn.to/329DcEs

Â*Â*Thanks for that.
Not what I meant though sort of hoopish about two centimetres long,
chain runs through it. stops the chain 'bouncing up and down not so much
to protect the chain stay. More used on a 1 X

Edit :-
FOUND ONE.

https://tinyurl.com/2vfxzne4

Â*Â*Â* Mea culpa, it is called a chain guide. It's just notÂ* what people
normally think of as a chain guide.

Didn't Sam Cooke sing about working on one?

Â* ♫ That's the sound (that's the sound) of the men working on the chain
guide ♫.

Nah doesn't work

:-)

Who called for a tow? Jasper Towing Service UK 0 July 20th 19 08:51 PM
Called it. Kenny Labbé Racing 3 May 23rd 10 08:25 PM
bro, JV just called ... bar Racing 23 February 24th 10 09:00 AM
What is it called? Unicorn Unicycling 7 October 18th 07 09:11 AM
what is this trick called? themunkyuni Unicycling 2 August 18th 07 10:00 AM