Cops confiscate bikes

Old April 21st 21, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Cops confiscate bikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_XXK2qzz8Y

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 21st 21, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 12:39:59 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_XXK2qzz8Y

--
- Frank Krygowski

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-sho...195630791.html

Yahoo article on the story. I read it yesterday but didn't think about posting it here.
Old April 21st 21, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 12:39:59 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_XXK2qzz8Y

--
- Frank Krygowski

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-sho...195630791.html

Yahoo article on the story. I read it yesterday but didn't think about posting it here.

Frank, in previous posts you talked about bicyclists riding on the wrong side of the road and many on here said they had never ever seen that in the entire world. Well this video proves it does happen. And the ones denying it are wrong. Video proof of being wrong.
Old April 21st 21, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 12:39:59 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_XXK2qzz8Y

--
- Frank Krygowski

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-sho...195630791.html

Yahoo article on the story. I read it yesterday but didn't think about posting it here.

Frank, in previous posts you talked about bicyclists riding on the wrong side of the road and many on here said they had never ever seen that in the entire world. Well this video proves it does happen. And the ones denying it are wrong. Video proof of being wrong.

These guys actually fit into one of my exceptions -- the BMX punk set. And there can be no question that these guys are well aware that riding the wrong-way down the middle of the on-coming lane is illegal.

-- Jay Beattie
Old April 22nd 21, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 12:58:05 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 12:39:59 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_XXK2qzz8Y

--
- Frank Krygowski
https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-sho...195630791.html

Yahoo article on the story. I read it yesterday but didn't think about posting it here.

Frank, in previous posts you talked about bicyclists riding on the wrong side of the road and many on here said they had never ever seen that in the entire world. Well this video proves it does happen. And the ones denying it are wrong. Video proof of being wrong.

These guys actually fit into one of my exceptions -- the BMX punk set. And there can be no question that these guys are well aware that riding the wrong-way down the middle of the on-coming lane is illegal.

-- Jay Beattie

I agree with your characterization and while I wouldn't say it is common, it isn't unusual here
Old April 22nd 21, 06:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 3:25:58 p.m. UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 12:39:59 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_XXK2qzz8Y

--
- Frank Krygowski

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-sho...195630791.html

Yahoo article on the story. I read it yesterday but didn't think about posting it here.

I wonder what happened in the cut portion of the video and if what happened in that cut portion of the video lead to the escalation that resulted in the bikes being confiscated.

The way those idiots were riding, a lot more bicycles should have been confiscated. As my daddy used to say, "Idiots like those often don't get into accidents but that sure do cause them."

Scofflaws is what those bicyclists were. they deserved to have the book thrown at them for every infraction the police could have thought of and used.

Cheers
Old April 22nd 21, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/22/2021 1:57 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Yes, it's obvious the video cutting was done very purposefully.

As I watched it, I kept thinking a cop's job can be very, very
difficult. Especially the way our society has gotten. :-(

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 22nd 21, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Next: Ban & confiscate 20" bicycles. It's just a reasonable
common sense regulatory action, after all.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 22nd 21, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Krygowski wrote:
[...]

very difficult. Especially the way our society has gotten.Â* :-(

Next: Ban & confiscate 20" bicycles. It's just a reasonable common sense
regulatory action, after all.

Benefits vs. detriments. Such a difficult concept!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 22nd 21, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Krygowski wrote:
[...]

https://www.businessinsider.com/2020...decades-2021-3
"There were 19,379 gun violence deaths in the US in 2020, according to data from the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive. This statistic excludes suicides involving guns, which consistently account for a majority (roughly two-thirds) of annual US gun deaths. In 2020, Gun Violence Archive found there were 24,090 gun suicides."

https://jalopnik.com/cars-have-kille...to%20Bloomberg.
"Outside magazine pegs the 2020 cyclist deaths at 675 to date, but that’s with COVID-19 cutting traffic by as much as 41 percent for months at a time, according to Bloomberg. So while 675 is apparently a decrease compared with the previous two years, it’s not as much as you’d expect. Also, Outside is tracking deaths of cyclists only for vehicular collisions, while NHTSA does not break down cyclists’ deaths by cause."

675 bicycle deaths compared to 19,379 gun deaths. I support banning and confiscating 20" wheel bicycles. They are used by BMX kids. Bad. But guns killed over 28 times as many people last year. Maybe we should prioritize banning and confiscating the guns first. Kind of like if your plumbing pipe to the kitchen is leaking and dripping water in the basement, compared to if your water line to your shower inside the wall in the bathroom is busted and spewing water all over. One is a bit more important to fix immediately, even though the dripping water line in the basement is a lot easier to fix.

Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop will no longer service cops' bikes due to BLM [email protected] Techniques 57 August 26th 20 02:06 AM
DEAD COPS PEEONCPDDELATORRE Australia 0 September 6th 05 02:49 PM
Bike Cops Gags Australia 60 September 21st 03 06:11 AM