Training Tunes

Old November 17th 04, 04:47 AM
Tim Lines

Warren wrote:

In case anybody out there is actually riding these days...

I've got a gigabyte to fill up on my MP3 player (Rio "Forge") so I'm
wondering what tunes I should look at buying off the MP3 sites that are
suitable for listening to during long, boring miles in the "cold" here in
NorCal.

Among my favorites already installed are Joe Satriani's "Surfing with the
Alien", something from Culture Club(go ahead and laugh!) that is pretty good
at 90rpm's, and "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood..

-WG

Anything at all by D-Generation
Wilco - Heavy Metal Drummer
Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply
Old November 17th 04, 05:48 AM
k.j.papai

"k.j.papai" wrote in message news:...

"Warren the G's'rt" ...
In case anybody out there is actually riding these days...

I've got a gigabyte to fill up on my MP3 player (Rio "Forge") so I'm
wondering what tunes I should look at buying off the MP3 sites that are
suitable for listening to during long, boring miles in the "cold" here in
NorCal.

"Bike" written by Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd before he took way too much LSD
in 1968.
I have it at
http://www.kenpapai.com/cycling/11Bike.wma
(a 3MB WMA file)
A lyric:

"I've got a bike you can ride it if you like, it makes me feel good!"

Also,
"RUNNING Up That Hill" by Kate Bush. SUPERB stuff.

Among my favorites already installed are Joe Satriani's "Surfing with the
Alien", something from Culture Club(go ahead and laugh!) that is pretty
good
at 90rpm's, and "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood..

-Ken

(Oh yeah, for Lafferty, try this:
"Mainline" by KISS, 1974)

Old November 17th 04, 05:51 AM
otto

Ewoud Dronkert wrote in message news:e
Yeah, 80's **** always makes me happy.

so where's Golden Earing, or Doe Maar, Ewoud?
Old November 17th 04, 05:51 AM
otto

Old November 17th 04, 07:31 AM
Donald Munro

Warren wrote:
I've got a gigabyte to fill up on my MP3 player (Rio "Forge") so I'm
wondering what tunes I should look at buying off the MP3 sites that are
suitable for listening to during long, boring miles in the "cold" here
in NorCal.

Mozilla Gorilla wrote:
Bitch,
Trick Daddy's _Let's Go_, over and over and over again.

Saiz does a better version.

Old November 17th 04, 08:32 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"Suz" wrote:

Working on adding some more energetic or angry or powerful stuff...

Maybe the Hives (energetic), or (much more extreme) Zeke (angry)?

For some reason, the song "Master of the Universe" by Hawkwind runs in
my head a lot when I ride (I don't ride with the iPod).

--
tanx,
Howard

"It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
where he keeps his nuts."

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Old November 17th 04, 12:41 PM
pedalchick

Howard Kveck Wrote:
In article ,
"Suz" wrote:

Working on adding some more energetic or angry or powerful stuff...

Maybe the Hives (energetic), or (much more extreme) Zeke (angry)?

For some reason, the song "Master of the Universe" by Hawkwind runs in
my head a lot when I ride (I don't ride with the iPod).

--
tanx,
Howard

"It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
where he keeps his nuts."

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Or what about The Killers?? Man, I can't stop listening to that one -
it's great for intervals... not that i am doing any of that with a
broken arm and all.
Edwoud might be interested in it if he likes 80's stuff. They're
making the album that The Cure should be making in 2004, only the Cure
is making total crap.
I also like No Doubt for riding - is that gay?

I really like riding with my iPod because otherwise I tend to get some
song that I don't know but one line of lyrics stuck in my head, so I
keep repeating that line over and over for hours. I, of course, only
ride with the iPod when training alone - people who wear headphones on
group rides are gay - unless they're Ronnie Hinson, then they are cool.

--
pedalchick