Help! Frustrated with switch to 29

Old July 18th 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klaas Bil

Default Help! Frustrated with switch to 29

Enoch wrote:
WOW, that is waaaaaay too much air unless you are over 230lbs. I'd bet
that is handful on off camber roads. Be carefull with 29 tires, they
are known to blow slam off the rim if you over inflate them.

I'm 165 lbs, and I can get away with about 22 lbs in mine.

I don't agree with the first statement. The more tyre pressure, the
better handling especially on off-camber roads. For road riding, 50 psi
is probably OK (I'm not sure about the Nanoraptor's max pressure
though).

But John's point is valid. A knobbly tyre is less ideal on roads. You
said you ride hard-pack as well, but a smoother tyre would do you well
on both types of riding surface.

--
Klaas Bil
Old July 18th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Klaas Bil wrote:
I don't agree with the first statement. The more tyre pressure, the
better handling especially on off-camber roads.

That's what most people here seem to think, but certainly with my coker
tyre (TA) if I put more than 30psi in it's absolutely horrible on
cambered roads - much better at a lower pressure, between 25 and 30psi.
May not be relevant to Nanoraptor/Big Apple though.

Rob

--
rob.northcott