More dumb**** liberals...

Old August 12th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default More dumb**** liberals...

On Aug 12, 1:44*pm, Donald Munro wrote:
Paul G. wrote:
Heh heh! You pathetic camp follower

Stop knocking, tapping or nailing camp followers. In past centuries some
of them could give you the clap.

That ain't all...Some SCARY stuff right outside the gates that even
confirmed Livedrunkers wouldn't touch at their weakest moments.
Bill C
Old August 12th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Aug 12, 11:14*am, "Paul G." wrote:
On Aug 12, 7:20*am, Scott wrote:

On Aug 11, 6:48*pm, "Paul G." wrote:

On Aug 11, 3:25*pm, Scott wrote:

On Aug 11, 11:22*am, "Paul G." wrote:

On Aug 10, 12:55*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Here's a clue - you have a say - what do you suppose your vote is? After
that you follow the majority will.

Heh heh! If only. Gore got more votes than Bush in 2000. *We wouldn't
be in this mess if either Gore OR McCain had become president in 2001.
Only an incompetent of Bush's caliber could have screwed things up
this badly.
-Paul

You do realize, don't you, that the concept of the "popular vote" has
no bearing on presidential elections?

Um... no bearing? *Of course the concept of "popular vote" has a
BEARING in presidential elections. *It's just not the deciding
factor. *I think we all know the archaic Electoral College decides the
election. It usually jibes with the popular vote, but a total of 3
times it hasn't. The 2000 election was the only modern exception, and
we all know how that has turned out. *Bush is the worst president in
history. *But maybe you'd beg to differ. I'd enjoy that. *The
Republican party line after 9/11 was that Bush did "exactly the right
thing" when he sat on his ass after being told "the nation is under
attack", and to my amazement a lot of the military seems to concur.

So why don't you tell us all how heroic Bush was on 9/11, how you
admire his courage and leadership as he sat on his ass while the
attacks continued, you know, based on your years of experience as a
warrior and "company commander"?

-Paul

OK, we get it. *You don't like President Bush. *Here's a question for
you: *what exactly do YOU think he should've done during the 9/11
attacks?

Now this is getting interesting. Here's a "warriror" and "company
commander" asking ME, a mere camp follower REMF what the commander-in-
chief should have done on 9/11. *I think it would be far more
interesting to hear a "company commander" state his opinion of George
"W"uss's leadership on 9/11. * The video and timelines are available
online. We know exactly what the coward did. We can look into his eyes
and see a wuss who has no idea what to do, and therefore has no
business being commander-in-chief. *We can watch his aides hovering
off to the left as they wait and wait for him to get off his ass.
Finally, he takes action! *He picks up a children's book and starts
reading it!!!

That was Bush's defining moment. *After that it was crystal clear that
he did not belong in the Oval Office. If he were truly a patriot he
would have immediately resigned for the good of the country. Cheney
has other problems, but at least he knows how to take charge.

So what exactly do *I* think he should have done? *The obvious. Excuse
himself, assess the situation, consult with his advisers and order the
appropriate actions. Two obvious things that needed to be done were
ordering all aircraft in the US grounded, and shootdowns of hijacked
aircraft if necessary. *Only the president has the authority to order
shootdowns of civilian airliners. We now know that that while "W"uss
was sitting on his ass there were still two hijacked planes in the
air, but there could have been a dozen, or other coordinated attacks
in progress. *The coward had no way of knowing, since he froze and
therefore couldn't assess the situation.

McCain is no wuss, here's what he did in response to Russia's
incursion into Georgia: *"When fighting erupted, the presumptive
Republican presidential candidate got on the phone to gather details
and issued a statement Friday summarizing the situation, tagging
Russia as the aggressor and demanding it withdraw its forces from the
sovereign territory of Georgia." *That's presidential. *The country is
going to be way better off with either McCain or Obama in office.

Back to the "popular vote" issue. *First, and FOREMOST, there is no
such thing as a popular vote at the national level.

As I said there has only been one case in modern history where the
Electoral College did not jibe with the popular vote, and the results
have been disastrous. I really only care about results. I suspect
you're happy with the status quo because it delivers the results you
want. Pretty funny that the people who go on and on about bringing
democracy to Iraq don't want democracy here.

Tell me, you said you were a radar tech. *In what capacity? *IOW, were
you MI, FA, ADA, ??? *Just curious. *

None of the above. I was in AC&W, heavy ground radar. The poor Iraqis
in AC&W were the first to get it, they were high priority targets
taken out with cruise missiles to blind the Iraqi air defenses. Poor
li'l REMF's never knew what hit them...

Hah! *All of the platoon sargeants and about half the men in my
infantry company were more educated than the typical MI soldier (or
junior officer). *They just didn't use it as an excuse not to do the
grunt work (pun intended).

Hmmnnn... now that's interesting. You sure you were a company
commander? I was a sergeant when I got out, so I know how to spell
"sergeant", but you don't. *Now that seems odd to me. *You wouldn't be
bull****ting us would you?
-Paul- Hide quoted text -

Wow, you caught a spelling error. That's the only thing in your post
that's sensible. Now, I think I'll go commit sepuku in shame.
Old August 12th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Aug 12, 12:02*pm, Bill C wrote:
On Aug 12, 1:21*pm, "Paul G." wrote:

On Aug 12, 8:14*am, Bill C wrote:

On Aug 12, 10:20*am, Scott wrote:

Tell me, you said you were a radar tech. *In what capacity? *IOW, were
you MI, FA, ADA, ??? *Just curious. *I spent a tour at Ft Huachuca and
met more whimpy-assed MI folks than anyone should ever be exposed to,
and for the most part they all thought they were so f...ng smart
'cause they were "educated" as you put it earlier, and so special
because they were "selected" to be MI. *BS. *I'm guessing you were one
of them.

I can second a lot of that being a comm puke (mobile) who worked with
a unit that did intercept stuff.

Heh heh! You pathetic camp follower REMF! * Clearly not a
warrior. *;-))
-Paul

Nope, not in the same way the guys like Scott out on the sharp end
are. No fantasy here. Way too many friends, and family members out
there for me to BS. I fall somewhere in between, so does the wife
though she was admin/personell/staffing. Lots of posts, including
Landstuhl RMC, you may have heard of it, for her making sure the folks
out there got taken care of. Same for the Ranger Bat. at Ft. Lewis, or
the Trans guys running ammo in Somalia and Rhwanda.
*We know where we fit, and know what the real deal is. She's still
taking care of the folks today too.
*Bill C- Hide quoted text -

I was never truly at the sharp end of anything, only trained for it
and lived in preparation for it the better part of 7 years, then spent
3+ more years teaching at the MI school. As much as I may rag on the
MI folks, I really enjoyed my time with them. It was quite an
experience. I was eventually discharged early for disabilities
incurred during my time in the 25th ID.

I've seen plenty of death and serious injury incurred just in the
training required to know that there's nothing glamorous about combat.
I consider myself incredibly fortunate that I never saw combat. I had
the uncanny luck of attending the officer advanced course just in time
to miss both the Grenada invasion and subsequently the Panama
invasion, although the brigade I served in w/ the 82nd went to both.

I'd really be curious to hear what your wife thinks of duty at
Landstuhl. I've given thought to applying for a transfer there in my
position with the VA.
Old August 12th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

Paul G. wrote:
Heh heh! You pathetic camp follower

Stop knocking, tapping or nailing camp followers. In past centuries some
of them could give you the clap.

That ain't all...Some SCARY stuff right outside the gates that even
confirmed Livedrunkers wouldn't touch at their weakest moments.
*Bill C

I worked with an ex-navy guy who told me about going on shore leave in
Thailand, picking something interesting off a menu in a whorehouse,
and bringing something exotic home to his wife... So there are
advantages to being a REMF, and being too cheap to pay for it. ;-))
-Paul
Old August 12th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Scott wrote:
I was never truly at the sharp end of anything, only trained for it and
lived in preparation for it the better part of 7 years, then spent 3+ more
years teaching at the MI school.

Apparently they didn't teach probability theory.

Old August 12th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Aug 12, 2:51*pm, Scott wrote:
On Aug 12, 12:02*pm, Bill C wrote:

On Aug 12, 1:21*pm, "Paul G." wrote:

On Aug 12, 8:14*am, Bill C wrote:

On Aug 12, 10:20*am, Scott wrote:

[...]

position with the VA.- Hide quoted text -

That's what people like Paul don't get. You train, prepare for the
worst, work your ass off, and pray that it never needs to be used, but
your as ready as you can be if you need to. Sounds like you were with
the 82nd at the same time another friend of mine was. His apendix
ruptured 3 days before Grenada and then he was with the 1st of the 6th
at Ft. Ricardson and didn't go to Panama. He did finally find a way to
get to the sandbox this time. Felt he needed to punch his ticket even
though he's not active duty anymore and turned down the last two
promotions. Pretty much went back out with his platoon because he was
the only former RA grunt they had. Luckily they all came back.

We left in 2001 after she had moved from the 53rd Trans to 21st
TAACOM. The hospital duty was a couple of 179 day tdys from Ft. Lewis
where she was admin for the nursing staff at Madigan. I'd have to go
digging for the years on those. I'm sure things have changed a lot.
She also did a lot of her physical therapy there at Landstuhl so she
was a patient for most of two years before being boarded. We loved it
though. Two long tours in K-Town, and a short in Augsburg. Awesome
area, great riding and racing. I'm know they've massively upgraded and
expanded a lot of the facilities in the area, especially Ramstein, but
not sure what they did with the Hospital which needed some help, but
wasn't bad at the time.
The only two real problems were the school system which was terrible,
at best. It was broken top to bottom, and the changes to the German
tax structure which made it better for dependents to not work if you
had kids. I did lots of volunteering, and played Mr. Mom becuase we
would've had to pay more in taxes, and child care than I'd have been
making or damned close. Had a nice job lined up with a buddy who went
back to service manage a Harley shop in the area too.

http://www.kaiserslauternamerican.com/
http://www.kaiserslautern.army.mil/sites/local/
http://www.rsc-kaiserslautern.de/
http://www.radsport-wolf.de/
http://www.armedforcescycling.org/index.htm
Everyone at the club and shop are great. The Armed Forces cycling team
runs out of Sembach, right up the hill from K-Town.
Bill C
Old August 12th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Aug 12, 11:36*am, Scott wrote:

Wow, you caught a spelling error. *That's the only thing in your post
that's sensible. *Now, I think I'll go commit sepuku in shame.

It's kind of like getting an email from "your bank", but the name of
the bank is misspelled. A "company commander" who misspells
"sergeant" sets off the same alarm bells.

Like I said, "I think it would be far more interesting to hear a
"company commander" state his opinion of George "W"uss's leadership on
9/11." Seems quite reasonable to me, yet you wussed out. I've
stated what I thought of our pathetic excuse for a president's actions
on 9/11, and exactly why. I didn't even get into his shameful actions
later on, when he went into hiding. That must have made bin Laden's
day, seeing the president of the United States on the run from a
handful of Muslims with box cutters.

If you're not man enough to analyze Bush's actions from a company
commander's perspective, I'll understand. Lots of bull****ters
exaggerate their military service.
-Paul
Old August 12th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Aug 12, 11:51*am, Scott wrote:

I'd really be curious to hear what your wife thinks of duty at
Landstuhl. *I've given thought to applying for a transfer there in my
position with the VA.

Ah, still sucking on the giant govt tit, eh? Nice govt supplied
health care and govt pension, steady paycheck, comfortably cocooned in
layers of bureaucracy. I get the picture. The private sector isn't
for everyone. The real world can be a scary place.
-Paul

Old August 12th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Aug 12, 1:43*pm, "Paul G." wrote:
On Aug 12, 11:36*am, Scott wrote:

[...]

You're the one ragging on Bush, not me. Like you (to a very limited
degree) I don't think he's above reproach, but I do not feel the need
or choose to critique his actions on 9/11. For one thing, we only
know what the press has told us about his actions and we are not privy
to all the conversations or all his decisions on that day. Could
things have been better? Sure. Would I classify his actions on 9/11
as cowardly or incompetent? No.

You keep referring to people wussing out and you've previously said
that when you get in people's faces they back down. Just when was the
last time you actually stood up to someone in person? Really? C'mon
now, fess up, you're not such a badass, are you?

As for me exxagerating anything, well... considering that I haven't
really told you very much other than I was a company commander of an
infantry company, I haven't exactly claimed very much, now have I?
What, exactly, about that counts as an exxageration?
Old August 12th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Aug 12, 1:53*pm, Scott wrote:
On Aug 12, 1:43*pm, "Paul G." wrote:

On Aug 12, 11:36*am, Scott wrote:

[...]

What, exactly, about that counts as an exxageration?- Hide quoted text -

Oh, ****... another spelling error. Damn.