{Politics so we don't have to change the subject.

Old October 28th 20, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default {Politics so we don't have to change the subject.

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 08:35:55 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 10/27/2020 10:21 PM, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 08:37:34 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 01:27:56 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 10:01:53 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Uh, the Government woke up one morning and took all the weapons form
Australia's citizens with a vanishingly small number of casualties.
They actually obeyed.

Naah, there are more registered firearms in Australia than ever.
If you pass the handling tests and have a valid reason for a gun, you
can get a licence.

Protecting your drug stash isn't a valid reason.
Penile substitution isn't a reason.
Bragging my gun is bigger then your gun isn't a reason.

Out of curiosity what are valid reasons? I suppose "Defending my sheep
against dingoes" might be but, what about "I enjoy target shooting"?

Both those.

Rural property owners have it easiest. Pest control, killing injured/
diseased stock, etc all valid reason. Also, they can authorise you to
shoot on their land and thus yo can get a gun owners license.

If you are a member of a target shooting club, require range/facilities,
the club can authorise you to obtain a license.

Your can also join the Sporting Shooters and similar other clubs, abide
by their rules and get a licence to go game shooting in certain areas.

You can not get a pistol license unless you are a target shooter(can keep
it at home) or a licensed security guard(only carry when working).

Lol, a senior Australian Federal Police officer is for the chop. Instead
of leaving his glock in the safe at the end of the day, he took it on
holiday to shoot targets, etc and then allowed another person to use it.

Our system just prevents someone like Tommy that goes gaga suddenly
acquiring a gun and popping any one they want to. There are the usual
criminal holes and slack checking problems, but generally it works.

Works about as well as the 100+ year old Heroin ban:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...an/ar-BB19ktm0

https://thoughtleader.co.za/admin-2/...een-shot-down/

The so called "Sullivan Law", a gun control law in New York that took
effect in 1911. The law required licenses for New Yorkers to possess
firearms small enough to be concealed. Private possession of such
firearms without a license was a misdemeanor, and carrying them in
public was a felony, is well known as having almost eliminated murder
by firearms in New York.... right?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old October 28th 20, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 08:29:15 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 7:27:46 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:

Nope, you quoted fake media. Funny how the whole world ignores that "
mask do nothing" mantra except little tommy and other idiots.
When it even says so on the side of the box those masks come in why
would you suppose that people would think otherwise?

Covering ones legal butt. If peoe have your intelligence, they'd think
wearing them then in marsh gas situations would keep them safe.

Again you demonstrate that you don't actually believe in any science
that doesn't agree with your political agenda. Australia went from a
country of abandoned criminals to one that enjoys making others
criminals.

I was going to say "quit while you were ahead", but it is obvious fom
your posts, that you never were. Come back when you learn real history.
We only criminalise those who endanger others.

Is the lack of street throwouts for you to collect, another example of
all the people deserting SF.

Old October 28th 20, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 08:35:55 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 10/27/2020 10:21 PM, news18 wrote:

Our system just prevents someone like Tommy that goes gaga suddenly
acquiring a gun and popping any one they want to. There are the usual
criminal holes and slack checking problems, but generally it works.

Works about as well as the 100+ year old Heroin ban:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...emi-automatic-

handgun-is-seized-as-cops-arrest-a-man/ar-BB19ktm0

Lol, that is self enforcing.
Old October 28th 20, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:31:47 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On 10/28/2020 9:35 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/27/2020 10:21 PM, news18 wrote:

Our system just prevents someone like Tommy that goes gaga suddenly
acquiring a gun and popping any one they want to. There are the usual
criminal holes and slack checking problems, but generally it works.

Works about as well as the 100+ year old Heroin ban:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...emi-automatic-

handgun-is-seized-as-cops-arrest-a-man/ar-BB19ktm0

https://thoughtleader.co.za/admin-2/...n-control-has-

been-shot-down/

And in parallel logic:

Sometimes bike shops are burglarized. So we should make it legal to
burglarize bike shops.

(Really?)

I'll disagree with your logic. These "printed guns" are as effective as
people 3d printing all their bicycle fittings.

Old October 28th 20, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 11:05:50 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 10:20:47 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 10/28/2020 11:26 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

Don't show any facts to newsie, he doesn't believe them.

Ah, irony!

Tell us all Frank - what FACTS have you ever brought to the table?

a lot more than you'll ever manage.

Telling us about masks when I showed
the actual studies showing them useless and that the very box they come
in says that they don't work against viral infections?

Factually correct, but ignoring the real practical world, where other
items carry the virus around. These mask work really well again the
carrier. sort of like an elelphant cage may keep the eephants out oir in,
but not their flees.

News flash; Tommy to discover that viruses have wings.
Old October 28th 20, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

wrote:

Sometimes bike shops are burglarized. So we should make it legal to
burglarize bike shops.

If everyone affected by the burglary gives informed consent, why not?

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Old October 28th 20, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

And Chicago which had among the most severe firearm
restriction in the country, even to blatantly ignoring a
Supreme Court ruling for several years after the Otis
MacDonald decision, is still infamous for firearm crimes in
high volume. Daily box score he
https://heyjackass.com/

New York's Sullivan law was openly promoted by the Irish
political powers directly against Italians. The first man
convicted, one Mr Rossi, was carrying a small pistol to
cross an Irish neighborhood on the way to a job interview
with no other criminal action. He served a year in prison.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 29th 20, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 10:01:53 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Uh, the Government woke up one morning and took all
the weapons form
Australia's citizens with a vanishingly small number
of casualties.
They actually obeyed.

Naah, there are more registered firearms in Australia
than ever.
If you pass the handling tests and have a valid reason
for aÂÂ* gun, you
[...]

Very effective:

https://abc7chicago.com/bike-shop-bu...swood/5111172/

https://cwbchicago.com/2019/01/linco...rglarized.html

https://wgntv.com/news/lincoln-park-...n-three-weeks/

Right. As I say, bike shops do get burglarized despite the laws. And
people do sell and use heroin despite the laws.

You seem to imply that anti-heroin laws do no good. One might similarly
say that anti-burglary laws do no good.

Which laws should be repealed and why?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 29th 20, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Prior to Marino's arrest, others had been arrested under the new law
but were released without charges. Whether this was part of the law's
intent, it was passed on a wave of anti-immigrant and anti-Italian
rhetoric as a measure to disarm an alleged criminal element

After Rossi's conviction The New York Times called this "warning to
the Italian community" both "timely and exemplary".

But on the other hand, in 1910,

New York police arrest over 200 known Italian gangsters and known
Black Hand members in a raid in Little Italy, including Morello crime
family leader Lupo the Wolf.

Chicago racketeer James "Big Jim" Colosimo brings his nephew Johnny
Torrio, then with New York City's Five Points Gang, to eliminate the
Black Hand from the city in response to their extortion demands.
Within a month, ten Black Hand extortionists had been killed.

Jim Cosmano, a major Chicago Black Hand leader, is severely wounded in
an ambush by Johnny Torrio on a South Side bridge.

and so on.

It might be noted that in various periods New York was "afflicted"
with Jewish gangs, Irish gangs and even earlier by English speaking
gangs and lest we forget, Chinese Tongs (gangs). And even today, in
this enlightened era, there are gangs in New York.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old October 29th 20, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 10:01:53 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Uh, the Government woke up one morning and took all
the weapons form
Australia's citizens with a vanishingly small number
of casualties.
They actually obeyed.

Naah, there are more registered firearms in Australia
than ever.
If you pass the handling tests and have a valid reason
for aÂ* gun, you
[...]

It isn't the law, per se, but the enforcing of the law that matters.
In Singapore, for example, the penalty for dealing dope is hanging and
they do hang those convicted of the crime. And the penalty is enacted
within weeks of the conviction. Not 20 years later.

And, Singapore has the lowest number of drug users in the world.
--
Cheers,

John B.