Wide 29" tire

Old September 9th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
henque19

Default Wide 29" tire

I've got a 29" muni, and i love it!
But the problem is that the tire i have is only 2.1" wide. The widest
available at the moment (as far as i know) is 2.3". Does anyone know if
there is a wider tire available that will fit on my 29" KH rim?

thanks
/Henrik

--
henque19
henque19's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12252

Old September 9th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Biggest I know of currently is the 2.35 Big Apple, which is not knobbly.
I heard that one of the tyre companies was developing a 2.35 knobbly,
but can't remember who - I read about it on a bike / 29er news site
somewhere I think.

If you've got a KH frame you should watch out for clearance though:
older KH 29er frames apparently don't have sufficient clearance for a
2.35 BA.

I rode with a BA for some time. I found it OK when I tried it offroad,
but you probably wouldn't want to ride it in muddy conditions due to it
being fairly slick. On road it was quite a smooth fast ride, but took
some getting used to - particularly in terms of controlling its
reaction to road crown. Once I was used to it, I liked it. (side
note: I now have a 36er, so I've put a Kenda Klaw XT Rear on the Nimbus
29er - same tyre as the KH29XC).

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
mark williamson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11301

Old September 10th 06, 12:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TonyMelton

WTB make a 29 x 2.35" knobbly tyre. Its called the 'Exiwolf'
(http://www.wtb.com/tires_wtb29er.html). Apparently its a pretty good
tyre.

--
TonyMelton

Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old September 10th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
henque19

Cool! Thanks a lot guys!

Old September 11th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jim_Rob

I ride an Exiwolf and really like it. Panaracer has just come out with a
new 29x2.35 tire called the Rampage (OK, dorky name). I haven't tried
it on account of being trapped on a ship for the last 2 months, but I
intend to get one from my man Walt (www.waltworks.com) who has tried
them and has a review on his website.

--
Jim_Rob

TTFN- JR

The Sage claims nothing, and so cannot be reproached, Lao Tzu
Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824

Old September 11th 06, 10:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forget_your_life

mark williamson wrote:
The Panaracer is the one I couldn't remember the name of :-)

well, isnt that special.

--
forget_your_life

'29er FOR SALE....Click ME!'
dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

Old September 11th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

A review of exiwolf here - http://tinyurl.com/peaca

According to a 29er bike person I know, thanks to the inexact science
of tyre sizes, it's not actually wider than the kenda klaw 2.1". Is
that true?

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old September 12th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

I just got the Exiwolf 2.3 and yesterday I put it onto my KH29. Today I
rode it a couple miles for the first time and I like it. It's not much
wider than the stock Kenda Klaw, but has a bit more volume which made
curb hopping seem easier.

Since the BA2.35 rubbed the frame, I was afraid the Exiwolf wouldn't
clear the frame, but it does with a bit of room to spare.

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Old September 12th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
henque19

The exiwolf is wider that the kenda, I found a really good tyre website
that tells you all the numbers you'll ever need:
http://www.mtbtires.com/specs/700.html

The panaracer rampage seems like a good one, but I cant seem to get
hold of it. Not many stores have it, and those who do doesn't have it
in stock...

Someone on a mtb forum said there is a 29" wtb tyre called weirwolf on
the way, it is supposed to be 2.55" wide.

Wide 29" rire? henque19 Unicycling 0 September 9th 06 05:40 PM
wide tire on giraffe Unicyclist of Oz Unicycling 13 August 11th 06 02:59 AM
Easy Coker Airfoil tire change john_childs Unicycling 27 June 21st 05 01:52 AM
Road tire life span cheg Techniques 77 June 25th 04 06:44 AM
RoadBikeRider newsletter on tire wear Matt O'Toole Techniques 2 June 11th 04 12:08 AM