Jim Ochowicz...cycling godfather...talks about the Tour.

Old July 23rd 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
caffetrieste

Default Jim Ochowicz...cycling godfather...talks about the Tour.

The video interview is he

http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?opt...article&id=416
Old July 24th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

caffetrieste wrote:

The video interview is he

http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?opt...article&id=416

This guy is a piece of ****. He's a corrupt punk who fired Bisceglia
because Gerard told him he can't pocket $100K of what should have been
federation money for himself.

Ochowicz is also part of the whole Lance/Wiesel coterie.

Magilla
Old July 24th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frank Drackman

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message
caffetrieste wrote:

The video interview is he

http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?opt...article&id=416

This guy is a piece of ****. He's a corrupt punk who fired Bisceglia
because Gerard told him he can't pocket $100K of what should have been
federation money for himself.

Ochowicz is also part of the whole Lance/Wiesel coterie.

Magilla

He is a walking, talking conflict of interest. "I need to switch hats, so
that I can move money from my left pocket to my right."

Old July 24th 08, 01:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

caffetrieste wrote:

The video interview is he

http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?opt...article&id=416

This guy is a piece of ****. He's a corrupt punk who fired Bisceglia
because Gerard told him he can't pocket $100K of what should have been
federation money for himself.

Ochowicz is also part of the whole Lance/Wiesel coterie.

Magilla

He is a walking, talking conflict of interest. "I need to switch hats, so
that I can move money from my left pocket to my right."

This cycleto guy - who apparently has a website that is based upon a
business model of copyright infringement, comes in here and tries to
pawn off Ochowicz like some "star" of cycling.

Anybody in the sport who knows anything about the sport knows Och is a
corrupt piece of garbage.

Bisceglia is still suing him for wrongful termination. Bisceglia - a
decent guy - was fired because he caught Och using his position as USAC
President to make 6-figure deals and then pocketing all the money for
himself as if Och personally had made the money unconnected to his
function as president.

Och is also the guy who claimed that the failure of batteries in the
race radio during the Sydney Olympics road race is what caused him to
not be able to inform the U.S. team that the 3 doped up Telekoms had
gotten off the front.

You gotta ask yourself why a guy wouldn't think to carry spare ****ing
batteries or radios during an Olympic road race. When I heard that
excuse, I knew the guy was incompetent. That's like a SCUBA diver
instructor saying his tank "accidently" ran out of air.

Mistakes like that are unacceptable and a sign of bush league incompetency.

Och now works for Wiesel defrauding investors out of their San Francisco
hideout. Wiesel already had to pay several million in fines to stave
off lawsuits from prosecutors/regulators.

Unfortunately they installed their corrupt robot - Steve Johnson - as
CEO. Johnson is a guy who spends 90 days a year flying all over the
world on vacation junkets to various races on membership dime and then
tells cyclocross racers who qualified for the worlds team they have to
pay for their own airfare and accommodations.

Johnson, Sean Petty....these guys spend weeks at races all over the
world at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars to the membership. And
there's absolutely no reason for them to be there.

Magilla
Old July 24th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

caffetrieste wrote:

[...]

Magilla- Hide quoted text -

Ya know when you aren't just yanking chains you get right to the heart
of the ****, and no pulled punches. Soon as Gerard got the sheeple
back in line they booted his ass. Now the sheeple are happily going
with the flow once again. Voting is better than nothing, and there're
some people on the right page running.
Bill C

Old July 24th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

Bill C wrote:
Ya know when you aren't just yanking chains you get right to the heart
of the ****, and no pulled punches. Soon as Gerard got the sheeple
back in line they booted his ass. Now the sheeple are happily going
with the flow once again. Voting is better than nothing, and there're
some people on the right page running.

Yeah, but Magilla forgot about Och's role in the Mike Plant
takeover in the 1990s. Och has a long history of being a
piece of ****, and when the cycleto guy says that without
Ochowicz, cycling in America would be a very different sport,
he not kidding.

Prior to that the USCF was financially stable. Plant drove
it right into the ground. And they set up a structure of
governance that is the reason that it doesn't matter who is
running.

I haven't voted in a USAC election in years. Because voting
is NOT better than nothing. Not when it comes to USAC
elections.

Och is a miserable ****.

Bob Schwartz
Old July 24th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Johnson, Sean Petty....these guys spend weeks at races all over the
world at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars to the membership. And
there's absolutely no reason for them to be there.

Gosh, that sounds an awful lot like Lisa Voight! Imagine
that!

Lisa's job was to do as she was told and in return she
made 6 figures and got to travel the world for a few
years. Not a bad gig for an intern.

Bob Schwartz
Old July 24th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jul 24, 8:58*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

I haven't voted in a USAC election in years. Because voting
is NOT better than nothing. Not when it comes to USAC
elections.

Och is a miserable ****.

Bob Schwartz

I'm not sure of that. The change has got to come from somewhere, and
everyone came back so that pressure is gone. At least we have some
folks running, or already there working to fix it from the inside.
The problem is they'll probably end up the same way Gerard, and Les
did.
Bill C
Old July 24th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Johnson, Sean Petty....these guys spend weeks at races all over the
world at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars to the membership.
And there's absolutely no reason for them to be there.

Gosh, that sounds an awful lot like Lisa Voight! Imagine
that!

Lisa's job was to do as she was told and in return she
made 6 figures and got to travel the world for a few
years. Not a bad gig for an intern.

Bob Schwartz

Lisa's Voits were the only thing good about her.

Magilla