Cyclist mows down another cyclist and scarpers

Old May 31st 13, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Cyclist mows down another cyclist and scarpers

Same old story, down a hill too fast, ploughs into another cyclist causing
serious injury and the lack of identity marks means he skips off sharpish.

""As I got to the bottom of the hill a maniac appeared on a push bike on the
top of the hill. He was screaming, cycling towards me and smashed into me.
"I came off the bike and my arm came out of its socket."

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/dad-...list-1-5722132

Old May 31st 13, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Same old story, down a hill too fast, ploughs into another cyclist causing
serious injury and the lack of identity marks means he skips off sharpish.

""As I got to the bottom of the hill a maniac appeared on a push bike on the
top of the hill. He was screaming, cycling towards me and smashed into me.
"I came off the bike and my arm came out of its socket."

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/dad-...list-1-5722132

Quote from story :

"....“He sounded like he was deaf or had mental problems."....

No surprise there, then. He was on a bike, wasn't he|?

Old June 1st 13, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 31 mei, 18:33, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Same old story, down a hill too fast, ploughs into another cyclist causing
serious injury and the lack of identity marks means he skips off sharpish.

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off. Were
it to be due to the lack of identity marks, we would not read of hit
and runs by cars.
Old June 1st 13, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Justin wrote:
On 31 mei, 18:33, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Same old story, down a hill too fast, ploughs into another cyclist
causing serious injury and the lack of identity marks means he skips
off sharpish.

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off.

Perhaps he did not have fridge-freezer insurance?

Old June 1st 13, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 1 jun, 10:49, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Justin wrote:
On 31 mei, 18:33, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Same old story, down a hill too fast, ploughs into another cyclist
causing serious injury and the lack of identity marks means he skips
off sharpish.

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off.

Perhaps he did not have fridge-freezer insurance?

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off. Nor
do I.
Old June 1st 13, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Justin wrote:
On 31 mei, 18:33, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Same old story, down a hill too fast, ploughs into another cyclist
causing serious injury and the lack of identity marks means he
skips off sharpish.
You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off.

Perhaps he did not have fridge-freezer insurance?

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off. Nor
do I.

He feared the consequences of his actions.

Old June 1st 13, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Justin" wrote in message

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off. Were
it to be due to the lack of identity marks, we would not read of hit
and runs by cars.

If cars weren't identifiable, we wouldn't read about hit-and-runs by cars?
That makes no sense.

Old June 1st 13, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

Justin wrote:
On 31 mei, 18:33, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Same old story, down a hill too fast, ploughs into another cyclist
causing serious injury and the lack of identity marks means he skips
off sharpish.
You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off.

Perhaps he did not have fridge-freezer insurance?

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off. Nor
do I.

OK, so why don't you list a few reasons why he "skipped off" after causing a
serious injury to another cyclist, that a court may accept as mitigation?

Old June 1st 13, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 1 jun, 11:58, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:
"Justin" wrote in message

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off. Were
it to be due to the lack of identity marks, we would not read of hit
and runs by cars.

If cars weren't identifiable, we wouldn't read about hit-and-runs by cars?
That makes no sense.

Try again.
Assume (for the purposes of this post) that the reason for this
cyclist skipping off was the lack of identity marks. The implication
is that he would not have skipped if those marks were to have been
applied to his bicycle.
If that reasoning were correct, one would not expect to read about so
many instances of drivers "hitting and running" - cars all have, after
all, identity marks.
Old June 1st 13, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

Justin wrote:
On 31 mei, 18:33, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Same old story, down a hill too fast, ploughs into another cyclist
causing serious injury and the lack of identity marks means he skips
off sharpish.
You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off.

Perhaps he did not have fridge-freezer insurance?

You have no information regarding the reason that he skipped off. Nor
do I.

OK, so why don't you list a few reasons why he "skipped off" after causing a
serious injury to another cyclist, that a court may accept as mitigation?

Why should I? I have posted nothing about mitigation, nothing about a
court case and nothing condoning the action.
I only posted that it is not possible for a contributor to this worthy
forum to know what the reason was for this cyclist skipping off. The
fact that you are asking me what the reason could have been is proof
of that lack of knowledge.