Rasmussen

Old July 16th 05, 09:32 AM
Thomas Lund

Default Rasmussen

Danish Tour TV (TV2) has celebrated Rasmussen in a referendum about his nick
name "Kyllingen" ("Chicken"). To the TV2 it didn't seem appropriate to call
him chicken. He was quite cool about it himself and dissapointed the
TV2-interviewer by declaring that he didn't care at all, if someone wanted
to give him another nick name, and in the referendum more than 50% of the
about 40.000 voters went for "Kyllingen".

The history about the name: A much loved children's series in Denmark had
the title "Bamse og Kylling" (transl. "Chubby(bear) and Chicken"), and once
a quite chubby mechanic was called Bamse a team mate saw him together with
Rasmussen and "Kylling" was born.

I think the danes like the irony in Rasmussen's nick name.

Chicken has just said in an interview with a Danish newspaper, that he feels
obligated to attack Lance Armstrong in the Pyrenees, so that is what he will
do. No big deal, no marketing smiles to the photographer.

If he gets the tiniest chance I think he's going for it today and/or
tomorrow.

Thomas

(Please forgive my poor English - you should try to write in Danish.)

Old July 16th 05, 01:44 PM
RonSonic

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:32:16 +0200, "Thomas Lund" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the explanation. Rasmussen is a little goofy looking but I would
never have thought to compare him to a "chicken." Besides, we've seen him
descend - the man ain't chicken.

BTW your English is fine, far better than my nonexistent Danish.

Let's see how Rasmussen does, he's one hell of a rider and has been making this
interesting so far.

Ron

Old July 16th 05, 01:54 PM
trg

"Thomas Lund" a écrit dans le message de news:
[...]

Tak skal du have!

-Tom

Old July 16th 05, 04:54 PM
Paul Cassel

Thomas Lund wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the explanation. Your English is fine.

-paul
Old July 16th 05, 05:58 PM
David Ferguson

wrote:

[...]

Good stuff.

I'm sure being called Chicken isn't a negative thing everywhere. At
least not like it is in many English speaking countries.

And even then, no one is going to think he's a chicken in any negative
sense. He's a bad maamajaama.

He must be going to "go for it tomorrow" ;-)

Your English kicks the shizzle out of my Danish.

Old July 16th 05, 07:07 PM
Bob Schwartz

Thomas Lund wrote:
Danish Tour TV (TV2) has celebrated Rasmussen in a referendum about his nick
name "Kyllingen" ("Chicken"). To the TV2 it didn't seem appropriate to call
him chicken. He was quite cool about it himself and dissapointed the
TV2-interviewer by declaring that he didn't care at all, if someone wanted
to give him another nick name, and in the referendum more than 50% of the
about 40.000 voters went for "Kyllingen".

The history about the name: A much loved children's series in Denmark had
the title "Bamse og Kylling" (transl. "Chubby(bear) and Chicken"), and once
a quite chubby mechanic was called Bamse a team mate saw him together with
Rasmussen and "Kylling" was born.

I like 'The Talosian'.

http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs...hineSt4-002000
http://www.70disco.com/images/talos03.jpg

Bob Schwartz

Old July 17th 05, 01:31 AM
gwhite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stick_insect

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&btnG= Search

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/mark.provan/
Old July 17th 05, 08:00 PM

He must be pretty popular now. I just saw a 10 year old girl walking
by my house wearing a CSC jersey and polka dot hat, and it's still
a week till the tour arrives here in Paris.

-ilan