Alignment woes

Old March 6th 07, 04:50 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Alignment woes

Several tie rods just will not adjust. They do not seem to have
reverse threading on one end to get longer or shorter. On the other
hand, one trike has two tie rods with reverse threading but they will
not adjust far enough. Is there some sort of alignment trick used on
recumbent trikes? Thanx

Old March 7th 07, 04:10 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Joel wrote:
What brand and model of trike. On ActionBent you must remove one ball
end from steering and then turn. On others loosen locknuts and the
tie-rod should turn.

WizWheelz, couple of Suns, a JM Recumbent folding trike (that is the
one with two tie-rods and four locknuts). That folding trike is the
one I am having trouble with. Front wheels swing back to the frame,
then the handlebars (then the BB up and back, seat off, then the back
wheel up and forward). Good reason for all the moving parts, but it is
at the limits on both tie rods.

I know you sit on the trike or put sufficient weight on the seat to
flex the frame when adjusting toe in/out; but it is 1/4" off- not
quite short enough. Frustrating- I swear I will never fold that thing
and go through this again!

Frame alignment question ron Techniques 26 January 24th 07 07:36 PM
Alignment of front fork trg Techniques 7 January 27th 05 06:17 PM
Wheel Alignment/Offset Dick P. Recumbent Biking 1 September 6th 04 05:26 PM
Bent Hanger - Alignment ? Bernard Rother Mountain Biking 3 September 2nd 04 08:03 AM
DIY Derailer Alignment Kyle.B.H Techniques 7 August 12th 04 05:09 PM