Chain Cleaning & Maintneance

Old March 31st 07, 05:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Sheldon Brown

Default Chain Cleaning & Maintneance

All knowledgeable cyclists know that THE most important thing in
cycling is proper chain cleaning and maintenance...yet, most cyclists
neglect this essential task, or use slapdash lazy techniques that are
letter better than pure neglect.

Mostly this is due to ignorance. Few cyclists are aware that there
is really only ONE RIGHT WAY to care for your all-important chain.

Now, the bicycle scientists of ShelBroCo have codified the PROPER
METHOD and offer a complete kit, the:

*********ShelBroCo Bicycle Chain Cleaning
System.**********

http://sheldonbrown.com/chainclean

Now you have not excuse for skimping on this most vital aspect of
cycling!

Sheldon "The One Right Way" Brown
| "O, don't the days seem lank and long |
| When all goes right and nothing goes wrong, |
| And isn't your life extremely flat |
| With nothing whatever to grumble at!" |
| --W.S. Gilbert |

Old March 31st 07, 06:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

http://sheldonbrown.com/chainclean

Must be April again......nice one Sheldon!!!

Gags

Old March 31st 07, 06:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_54_]

so reading from top to bottom my rambling mental activity went along the
lines of: "yep.. ahuh.. hmmm... wtf.. oh wait... the date! lol"

--
gplama

Old March 31st 07, 07:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Pitts[_2_]

On 2007-03-31, Sheldon Brown wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/chainclean

Sheldon, thanks for this new product. It fills a much-needed gap in the
bicycle maintenance market, and I'm sure it will be a great success for
you. I'll certainly be ordering my deluxe kit first thing Monday.

Can you recommend a supplier for the requisite safety gear? I've got
some of this stuff at home, but I'll be needing the suit and some heavy
duty gloves. Also, should I get some steel-capped boots, or will
ordinary leather shoes do?

You can't put too high a price on safety.

--
John
Guinness is a food. I remember reading somewhere that there is sufficient
Old March 31st 07, 07:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy[_24_]

John Pitts Wrote:
On 2007-03-31, Sheldon Brown wrote:
[...]

114 Shimano Replacement Pins (cost $71.82)

If swallowed, do not bother to induce vomiting, it won't do any good,
you're a goner!

Aha... brilliant :-).

--
SomeGuy

Old March 31st 07, 08:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Sheldon Brown wrote:

Mostly this is due to ignorance. Few cyclists are aware that there
is really only ONE RIGHT WAY to care for your all-important chain.

That is why I prefer old style chains. You can use all sorts of methods,
even rubbing it on the sheeps back.

Old March 31st 07, 08:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Sheldon Brown wrote:
[...]

I think you forgot to mention that this should be done after
every ride.

DeF

--
To reply, you'll need to remove your finger.
Old March 31st 07, 09:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Richard Sherratt

On 30 Mar 2007 21:12:56 -0700, "Sheldon Brown"
wrote:

[...]

I only have one problem with this, and it's a biggie: where's the
Campag deluxe kit? Is there some sort of discrimination being
perpetrated here? Fur could fly!!!
--
Regards.
Richard.
Old March 31st 07, 11:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 21:12:56 -0700, Sheldon Brown wrote:

http://sheldonbrown.com/chainclean

But. But. But. It's not April 1st yet!

--
Dave Hughes |
"My ambition, naturally, is to have a student quote my own words back
Old March 31st 07, 02:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tex

"Sheldon Brown" wrote in message
ups.com...
All knowledgeable cyclists know that THE most important thing in
cycling is proper chain cleaning and maintenance...yet, most cyclists
neglect this essential task, or use slapdash lazy techniques that are
letter better than pure neglect.

Mostly this is due to ignorance. Few cyclists are aware that there
is really only ONE RIGHT WAY to care for your all-important chain.

Wrap in bacon and put in microwave.

Always works for me