What should I do with that old wheelset?

Old May 5th 05, 07:25 PM
Wasatch5k

Default What should I do with that old wheelset?

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire1.JPG

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire.JPG

Interior design at its best.

NC
--

Let the bridges I burn light my way...
Old May 5th 05, 07:30 PM
Bill Sornson

Wasatch5k wrote:
http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire1.JPG

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire.JPG

Interior design at its best.

Are those tire levers hanging off that bad boy?

Old May 5th 05, 07:32 PM
Wasatch5k

Bill Sornson wrote:
Wasatch5k wrote:

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire1.JPG

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire.JPG

Interior design at its best.

Are those tire levers hanging off that bad boy?

I really can't tell from the picture.

--

Let the bridges I burn light my way...
Old May 5th 05, 09:27 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article , says...

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire1.JPG
http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire.JPG
Interior design at its best.

I would have to be very poor and desperate to put that contraption in my
house. I've seen nicer light fixtures in dumpsters.
-------------
Alex

Old May 5th 05, 10:05 PM

I've seen those in the room with the vibrating bed, mirrors on the
ceiling, and the TV showing porn. I believe the lightbulbs are either
purple or red.

Old May 6th 05, 12:55 AM
Jeff Starr

On Thu, 05 May 2005 16:27:54 -0400, Alex Rodriguez
wrote:

In article , says...

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire1.JPG
http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire.JPG
Interior design at its best.

I would have to be very poor and desperate to put that contraption in my
house. I've seen nicer light fixtures in dumpsters.
-------------
Alex

C'mon, be nice. Although, my guess is that the guy is single.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old May 6th 05, 01:17 AM
Wasatch5k

Jeff Starr wrote:
On Thu, 05 May 2005 16:27:54 -0400, Alex Rodriguez
wrote:

In article , says...

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire1.JPG
http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire.JPG
Interior design at its best.

I would have to be very poor and desperate to put that contraption in my
house. I've seen nicer light fixtures in dumpsters.
-------------
Alex

C'mon, be nice. Although, my guess is that the guy is single.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Oh, it's not mine! My wife found it on a crafting website!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24677.0

--

Let the bridges I burn light my way...
Old May 6th 05, 04:07 AM
JeffWills

Wasatch5k wrote:
http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire1.JPG

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire.JPG

Interior design at its best.

A much nicer one hangs from the ceiling at Bortolami's, a local pizza
place:
http://www.bortolami.com/about_us.htm
It's about 25 feet in diameter. Pity the photo doesn't show it in
better detail.

Jeff

Old May 6th 05, 02:53 PM
Michael

Wasatch5k wrote:

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire1.JPG

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/246050/biketire.JPG

Interior design at its best.

NC
--

Let the bridges I burn light my way...

I've seen wheels used as a winding form and support for a 60 kilohertz (VLF;
very low frequency) antenna. Rescued an aluminum wheel + cassette from trash
pickup last summer but somehow never got around to playing with it over the
winter. Someday, maybe.