Having a bike champ from Tx is like having a ski champ fromCongo!

Old July 21st 09, 05:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ru4linux2

Default Having a bike champ from Tx is like having a ski champ fromCongo!

On Jul 20, 7:24*pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
You probably heard of Lance Arsmtrong... *

But have you heard of the recent laws denying space to cyclists? And
how about the lack of respect for Joe Biker who wants to do errands
with his bike?

No, he's not making the headlines but you find trickling down the
Internet all the harassment Joe Biker from Texas is victim of. They
may only be rumors, but so are the rumors that Armstrong is getting
high.

Whatever you think, you should not deny that irony in having a bike
champ from Texas. I'm looking forward to see the first ski champ from
Congo.

The 3 C's of successful monkeys... Communicate, Coordinate, Cooperate.

*http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

I have to wonder, do you peel your bananas before you eat them?

Lewis.

*****
Old July 21st 09, 06:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
The Jackson Four

[...]

....and throw away the best bit ?!....
Old July 21st 09, 08:20 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
The 3 C's of successful monkeys... Communicate, Coordinate, Cooperate.

*http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

I have to wonder, do you peel your bananas before you eat them?

Lewis.

I peel them, eat them, and then smoke the peels.

Just kidding. If you watched how the monkeys do it, you'd know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng
Old July 21st 09, 08:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

wrote:

[...]

...and throw away the best bit ?!....- Hide quoted text -

He doesn't know the banana peel can be a dangerous weapon.

Throw them in the path of those chasing you.
Old July 21st 09, 08:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Believe it or not, some monkeys are better than others at riding a
bike...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSuStoW1LQA&NR=1

I don't think ALL monkeys can do that. But I bet they all can drive!

Old July 21st 09, 08:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default maybe Lance Armstrong has some good reason NOT to support it

Originally Posted by annc
"It can't be that bad to bike in texas. Even the bike champ from texas
runs a bike shop geared towards commuters."

http://www.mellowjohnnys.com/

***

Maybe they have a good reason to support this...

"We support the safe passing bill
It keeps vulnerable road users safe. Sign the petition."

And maybe Lance Armstrong has some good reason NOT to support it.
Old July 21st 09, 11:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

I know some here refuse to learn from cooperative monkeys that are
happy with bananas, so perhaps the world of insects has some important
lessons for us...

Are we more like Ants or Roaches?

With all due respect for distinguished professor E.O. Wilson, who has
studied ants and their potential application to human behavior, I have
my own conclusions...

"Wilson came to believe that humans, like ants, are genetically
designed to live within natural limits. It is becoming increasingly
obvious that those limits are directly related to reduced energy use
and consumption of natural resources, family planning, and COOPERATION
among societies, rather than competition."

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005121653

Anyway after having lived among the roaches for several months, and
having observed their behavior, I conclude that:

a) Many humans are more like roaches than ants, ie. they are MORE
SELFISH THAN COOPERATIVE

b) Many humans are OPPORTUNISTIC PREDATORS, just like roaches

c) THE DIRTIER THE PLACE, THE MORE ROACHES, ie. the more a society is
allowed to live in filth (THE JUNGLE), the more they act like roaches.

Now, the last point needs some clarification. I don't live in filth
but my place is cramped. And I wasn't happy with the roaches either,
since I was fighting them with soapy water, which amounts to fighting
predators one at a time and hoping they disappear. They don't! So I
finally dropped THE BOMB (the roach fogger) and picked up the dead
roaches with a vacuum cleaner... And end of study.

So, do you see the potential application of roaches to human behavior?