PER: bike path re-opens

Old March 15th 06, 01:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default PER: bike path re-opens

Took my new wheels out for a ride this morning
and found that the section of bike path south from
Farrington Rd has re-opened. Lovely surface although
it's a little bumpy in places from caterpillar tracks.
Also a new exit onto Hope Rd which is a nice alternative
to Farrington Rd and the roundabout there. Big looping
path around the end of the new Roe Hwy interchange

Haven't checked out north of Farrington so see if the
South St bit has been finished yet.

New wheels (2006 Eurus) are very nice, by the way.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
Old March 15th 06, 04:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle

byron27 wrote:
DeF Wrote:
Took my new wheels out for a ride this morning
and found that the section of bike path south from
Farrington Rd has re-opened. Lovely surface although
it's a little bumpy in places from caterpillar tracks.
Also a new exit onto Hope Rd which is a nice alternative
to Farrington Rd and the roundabout there. Big looping
path around the end of the new Roe Hwy interchange

Haven't checked out north of Farrington so see if the
South St bit has been finished yet.

New wheels (2006 Eurus) are very nice, by the way.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

yep, rode that on sunday coming back from the TT. It is done all the
way up to South St which is great. No more detours past Murdoch and
down past Bibra Lake thank goodness.

Wish they would finish the underpasses for South st and Leach Hwy. Then
its almost 100k's of car free riding from my house (mt lawley) to
baldivis and back.

You rode back from the TT? That's keen, although it would have
been quite nice with the tailwind. And the surface is smoother.

The underpasses probably won't be finished before you leave for
Canuk land.

DeF

Old March 15th 06, 04:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle

The ride back wasn't too bad until about South Lake. Then i really lost
interest.......

A month or so ago i saw the start of the underpasses and thought
"great, they are finished already!", but its all a big decoy. You ride
through them and then the path ends suddenly into the great grey sand
the south of perth is so well known for.

--
byron27

Old March 15th 06, 05:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"byron27" wrote in message

The ride back wasn't too bad until about South Lake. Then i really lost
interest.......

A month or so ago i saw the start of the underpasses and thought
"great, they are finished already!", but its all a big decoy. You ride
through them and then the path ends suddenly into the great grey sand
the south of perth is so well known for.

Yep, I found out about the "underpasses-to-nowhere" the hard way too!

Was that you and a female rider I passed on the way down to the TT on the
freeway bike path? I nearly joined them but they seemed deep in
conversation. I thought my butting in might be a case of "three's a crowd".

Congrats on your sub-hour TT time, considering you rode down from Mt Lawley.
Impressive!

I took the 'soft' option and drove down to Lake Cycles at Success and rode
from there. Only 76km round-trip to Hopeland.

Thanks to Duncan for the 'heads up' on the reopened bike path.

Graeme

Old March 18th 06, 01:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle

byron27 wrote:

The ride back wasn't too bad until about South Lake. Then i really lost
interest.......

A month or so ago i saw the start of the underpasses and thought
"great, they are finished already!", but its all a big decoy. You ride
through them and then the path ends suddenly into the great grey sand
the south of perth is so well known for.

I did EXACTLY the same thing last Saturday. I haven't ridden that route
for 3 months and I got fooled by the fact that there was no barrier and
went under the underpass... I was in a bit of a foul mood anyway and it
wasn't helped I found that you still had to go through Bibra Lake
because it took the Roe7 project OVER 13 MONTHS to relocate 1.5 km of
shared path!

Of course, it should be nice to ride on at night with the new lights.

--
BrettS