Bike Fitting Kit Opinions

Old September 11th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Ekins

Default Bike Fitting Kit Opinions

One of the adds in the back of Bicycling magazine is for a bike fitting
kit. You can see it at www.BikeFittingKit.com Has anyone purchased
this and have any opinions about it?

It's difficult to find much specific information about bike fitting.
The most I've found in one spot is the book "Zinn's Cycling Primer:
Maintenance Tips & Skill Building for Cyclists" which I've found very
much worth the money. He discusses many bike fitting methods and also
many of the often heard myths and incorrect techniques used in fitting
but doesn't really go through a step-by-step cook book approach to
fitting, which it seems this product will do.

Old September 11th 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Warner

On 10 Sep 2006 22:25:29 -0700, Brian Ekins wrote:

It's difficult to find much specific information about bike fitting.

Unless you try something obscure like typing "bike fit" into google,
of course.

much worth the money. He discusses many bike fitting methods and also
many of the often heard myths and incorrect techniques used in fitting
but doesn't really go through a step-by-step cook book approach to
fitting, which it seems this product will do.

You are aware that there are different methods, which yield slightly
different results, yet you want a "cookbook" approach.

Just pick a method, try it for a while and make adjustments based on
how you feel. There's no guarantee that any method will yield the best
possible fit for you.

Old September 11th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris Neary

One of the adds in the back of Bicycling magazine is for a bike fitting
kit. You can see it at www.BikeFittingKit.com Has anyone purchased
this and have any opinions about it?

Perhaps you mean www.bikefitkit.com ?

I've relied on my LBS, who bases fits using the Serotta system and his own
(decades of) experience. His fits work well for my wife and I (she is an
unusual fit because existing shoulder injuries).

When she and I feel a need to "tweak" the fits on our bikes, I find a plumb
bob and tape measure are sufficient tools to do so.

Chris Neary

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventu what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh