Stuck behind a bike

Old September 4th 03, 12:49 PM
Arpit

Default Stuck behind a bike

WHat do you poepl do if you are on a road where there isnt enough room
for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you and driver is
getting ****ed?
Old September 4th 03, 01:15 PM
hippy

"Arpit" wrote in message
WHat do you poepl do if you are on a road where there isnt enough room
for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you and driver is
getting ****ed?

Well you could just stick it out - you DO have a
right to be there.

Or, you could pull your bike off the road and
let them pass.

Or you could ride really fast so they are no longer
stuck behind a 'slow' bike.

I do all of the above to differing degrees depending
on how long they are likely to be stuck behind me
and if they were nice about getting stuck or not.

hippy

Old September 4th 03, 01:50 PM
Suzy Jackson

"Arpit" wrote in message
WHat do you poepl do if you are on a road where there isnt enough room
for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you and driver is
getting ****ed?

What I hate more is when there _is_ enough room to pass, but not a hell of a
lot, and the f^&wit won't go round, but instead sits two inches off your
back wheel. You just know that their frustration level's going to rise to
the point where they'll do something stupid. West end of Mowbray road is a
typical example.

When that happens, I deliberately slow to a snails pace. Once or twice I've
actually stopped, and then they suddenly realise there's a whole road there
and take off.

Regards,

Suzy

Old September 4th 03, 01:52 PM
Spider1977

Arpit wrote:
WHat do you poepl do if you are on a road where there isnt enough room
for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you and driver is
getting ****ed?

Tell him not to drink and drive, bloody idiot!

Old September 4th 03, 04:21 PM
Alan Erskine

"Suzy Jackson" wrote in message
"Arpit" wrote in message
WHat do you poepl do if you are on a road where there isnt enough room
for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you and driver is
getting ****ed?

What I hate more is when there _is_ enough room to pass, but not a hell of

lot, and the f^&wit won't go round, but instead sits two inches off your
back wheel. You just know that their frustration level's going to rise to
the point where they'll do something stupid. West end of Mowbray road is

typical example.

When that happens, I deliberately slow to a snails pace. Once or twice

I've
actually stopped, and then they suddenly realise there's a whole road

there
and take off.

Regards,

Suzy

What I love (?) is being in a car and stuck behind a bike - the driver gets
'heated' and says things like f&%$#ing cyclist and I remind them that _I_
normally ride a bike. Shuts them up really fast!
--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Old September 4th 03, 05:18 PM
SM

"Arpit" wrote in message
WHat do you poepl do if you are on a road where there isnt enough room
for a car to safely pass you, but is stuck behind you and driver is
getting ****ed?

I just try and gesture to them to move past if there is enough room or
otherwise duck up onto the path for a couple of metres so they can get past.
If there isnt enough room then ride on but if it looks like they are going
to get stupid then just pull off and let them past... it aint worth being
hit from behind or having something thrown at you as they go past.

My fav was the couple in the beat up POS that changed to the outside lane
(yes this was on a hwy with little other traffic) then Ferrel Sherral yells
"GET ON THE FOOTPATH AND OFF THE F**KING ROAD!" whilst her delightful buck
toothed husband points to footpath using his middle finger and then hoon off
leaving a ploom of black smoke... only to end up at the next set of lights
where she is half the way out the window still yelling at us as my mate
rides past and gives her half a bottle of Powerade in the face... We then
took her advice and hiked it onto the path and down onto the cycleway (where
we were headed anyway).