Fly-in MTB locations on east coast?

Old February 2nd 04, 05:02 AM
John Harlow

Default Fly-in MTB locations on east coast?

Hey all,

Last Saturday Suzanne and I flew up to a ski resort which has a little
airstrip within walking distance to the slopes. It was a total blast to roll
2 activities we enjoy into one.

If anyone has any interest in seeing what it was like to fly into this small
airstrip nestled in the mountains of Virginia, a 17mb video is on
http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bryce_approach.mpg .

So, we are now scoping out possible MTB destinations on the USA East Coast
which are accessible by aircraft. Does anyone know of such a place?

Old February 3rd 04, 02:57 PM
Carla A-G

"John Harlow" wrote in message
So, we are now scoping out possible MTB destinations on the USA East Coast
which are accessible by aircraft. Does anyone know of such a place?

New York?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old February 3rd 04, 03:51 PM
John Harlow

So, we are now scoping out possible MTB destinations on the USA East
Coast which are accessible by aircraft. Does anyone know of such a
place?

New York?

Is there an airstrip within a short mountain biking distance to some trails?

Old February 3rd 04, 04:10 PM
Carla A-G

"John Harlow" wrote in message
Is there an airstrip within a short mountain biking distance to some

trails?

Is this for a small private plane or airline?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old February 3rd 04, 04:36 PM
John Harlow

Is there an airstrip within a short mountain biking distance to some
trails?

Is this for a small private plane or airline?

Small private plane.

Old February 3rd 04, 06:48 PM
Andrew Thorne

Small private plane.

Johnny Cake Airport on the border between Harwinton and Burlington CT would
allow you to ride Nassahegon, Nepaug, and Roraback easily.

Although it better be a SMALL private plane.

Cheers,

-Andrew
Old February 3rd 04, 07:03 PM
Carla A-G

"John Harlow" wrote in message

Is there an airstrip within a short mountain biking distance to some
trails?

Is this for a small private plane or airline?

Small private plane.

Here is the whole list of small airports that can be found all over New York
State. Many of them are close to trails in both NY and CT:

http://www.dot.state.ny.us/pubtrans/air_dir/toc.html

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old February 3rd 04, 09:31 PM
John Harlow

Johnny Cake Airport on the border between Harwinton and Burlington CT
would allow you to ride Nassahegon, Nepaug, and Roraback easily.

Cool - I'll check it out! That looks like a very cool airstrip.

Although it better be a SMALL private plane.

That it most definitely is

Old February 3rd 04, 09:32 PM
John Harlow

Here is the whole list of small airports that can be found all over
New York State. Many of them are close to trails in both NY and CT:

http://www.dot.state.ny.us/pubtrans/air_dir/toc.html

Thanks - I'll try to match some up in mtbr.com.