Gas went from $4.58gl to $4.03gl here in last month!

Old August 4th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Gas went from $4.58gl to $4.03gl here in last month!

"ST" wrote in message
On 8/3/08 6:52 PM, in article
, "Kurgan
Gringioni" wrote:

Someday our country needs to start changing its infrastructure to use
other forms of energy. The sooner the better.

EVERY resource on this planet can be considered finite you assbag!

Any idiot should be able to add the figures readily available and determine
that at this point we're looking at least at 50 years of oil. When I was in
the 3rd grade or so we had a man come around from Standard Oil and tell us
that we'd be completely out of oil by 1990. That was in 1952 or so. And
we're just beginning to discover oil way down deep.

It would be a pretty long time before we'd need the tar sands or the oil
shale and that's even without converting coal to gasoline.

Old August 4th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_3_]

I'm glad gas prices dropped too, I'd like to think that'll continue. But
who knows? I can believe:
http://tinyurl.com/5vlry5
or:
http://tinyurl.com/62qjhk

Strangely, the people I've heard blaming speculators for the cost of gas
have been more right wing than left. Like these guys:

http://cbs4denver.com/business/airli....2.767948.html
Old August 4th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_3_]

ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 6:52 PM, in article
, "Kurgan
Gringioni" wrote:

On Aug 3, 5:00 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

The price didn't drop because of Bush. Congress still has to act and
even if that were accomplished next week it would take 5-10 years
before any oil would actually enter the supply chain.
You really are willing to fall for anything that the Liberal news has to say
don't you? Alaskan slope oil could be in the system in a year or even less.
Offshore drilling in California could have oil in the system in 3 years. The
same for gulf coast oil which is drilled for with movable platforms in some
areas. The North Dakota oil will be in the system in two years.

But by all means be the parrot you actually are.

Dumbass -

You idiot - this isn't a liberal vs. conservative issue.

Even if the government allows drilling anywhere and everywhere it does
not change the fact that oil is a finite resource and that our
country's infrastructure is dependent upon that finite resource.

Someday our country needs to start changing its infrastructure to use
other forms of energy. The sooner the better.

The longer we wait, the more costly it will be for us when the Day of
Reckoning comes.

Did you check out Pickens message? He's not a "liberal". Donated
$3million to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

EVERY resource on this planet can be considered finite you assbag!

Damn, that's a nice set up.
Old August 4th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Philip Holman

"ST" wrote in message
On 8/3/08 6:52 PM, in article
,
"Kurgan
Gringioni" wrote:

[...]

Resources are typically renewable or non-renewable.

Phil H

Old August 4th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Aug 3, 7:02*pm, ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 6:57 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Aug 3, 5:45*pm, ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 5:00 PM, in article
, "Tom Kunich"

cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

The price didn't drop because of Bush. Congress still has to act and
even if that were accomplished next week it would take 5-10 years
before any oil would actually enter the supply chain.

You really are willing to fall for anything that the Liberal news has to say
don't you? Alaskan slope oil could be in the system in a year or even less.
Offshore drilling in California could have oil in the system in 3 years. The

same for gulf coast oil which is drilled for with movable platforms in some
areas. The North Dakota oil will be in the system in two years.

But by all means be the parrot you actually are.

This SURE looks like a big price drop right at the same time Bush removed
the executive block on our drilling offshore here...

http://www.durangobill.com/OilChart.html

Dumbass -

The price of oil is determined by supply vs. demand. Economics 101.

Not only has there been zero amounts of oil added to the market as a
result of Bush's action, there's been zero amounts of even exploratory
drilling. Because Congress hasn't authorized it.

Any market shift is coincidental. Bush and other politicians can
squawk all day long into their microphones, but unless it has an
effect on the supply or the demand, they won't be affecting the price.

BTW, the energy debate is not a liberal or conservative issue. It's a
long term national security issue that needs to be solved by everyone
because if it isn't, everyone's way of life in this country is going
to suffer.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

It is called SPECULATION assbag! You understand futures???

Dumbass -

Increasing the supply of oil takes a lot of time, far longer periods
of time than you can buy futures.

Remember the Oil Crisis of the 70's? Then the reverse: $10/barrell oil
in the early 90's? Then here we are again today with an oil crisis.
The cycles in the relation between supply/demand/price in oil are
measured in decades, not days. Besides the drilling/discovery aspect
of the enterprise, there's a lot of infrastructure which needs to be
constructed before a field's bounty can be distributed to the
consumer. Especially today - all the easy to get to stuff has already
been taken out of the ground.

This is the fifth cycle we've been through since oil was exploited in
the 1859. This last cycle took 30 years to complete (mid 70's till
today) - and its duration is consistent with the average time frames
of the previous cycles.

For an in depth look at the history of oil, check out "The Prize" by
Daniel Yergin. Excellent piece of work, won him a Pulitzer and
deservedly so.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old August 4th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Aug 3, 7:00*pm, ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 6:52 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
[...]

Renewables are not finite, not by human standards.

Wind, solar, geothermal, hydroelectric.

In the future, even hydrocarbon based energy may be renewable on a
human timescale. The formation of oil is believed to be from deep
layers of phytoplanton corpses, put into deep pressure and heat by
plate tectonics. Geneticists are, as we speak, attempting to design
bacteria which will create hydrocarbons using photosynthesis, skipping
the plate tectonics part (and millions of years). Take CO2, H20,
sunlight, and voila! reconfigure into a hydrocarbon.

Lotta money going into that research. No guarantees though. In the
meantime, the government, if it had our long term interests in mind,
would build out a transmission system to the Great Plains States so
that the people on the coasts (where everyone lives) can get power
from the wind (unfortunately, where no one lives).

That's what Pickens is going to be pressing for when the next
President gets elected.

Pickens, the man who's been an oilman his entire life.

It's a matter of national security. It's in all our interest. Yours
and mine.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old August 4th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 8/3/08 8:14 PM, in article , "Philip
Holman" wrote:

"ST" wrote in message
On 8/3/08 6:52 PM, in article
,
"Kurgan
Gringioni" wrote:

[...]

Are you using semantics now to disagree with me like everyone else??
Are you saying everyone is wrong but you?
Are you saying I am wrong?
Are you saying, Gob forbid, Henry is wrong???

Old August 4th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Aug 3, 7:23*pm, Fred Fredburger
wrote:
I'm glad gas prices dropped too, I'd like to think that'll continue. But
who knows? I can believe:http://tinyurl.com/5vlry5
or:http://tinyurl.com/62qjhk

Strangely, the people I've heard blaming speculators for the cost of gas
have been more right wing than left. Like these guys:

http://cbs4denver.com/business/airli....2.767948.html

Dumbass -

Only fat idiots consider the energy issue to be a liberal vs.
conservative one.

But why should we be surprised? Ideologues (left and right) consider
*all* issues to be liberal vs. conservative.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old August 4th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 8/3/08 8:15 PM, in article
, "Kurgan
Gringioni" wrote:

On Aug 3, 7:02*pm, ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 6:57 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Aug 3, 5:45*pm, ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 5:00 PM, in article
, "Tom Kunich"

cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
[...]

You idiot.......
Are you really trying to say oil prices in the last 5 years are all about
finite supply?!?

It has been speculation based on world present and future events INCLUDING
current supply streams.

THEN!!! You enter a possible NEW supply stream and BAM!!
Oil went down $20 right AFTER Bush rescinded the executive order.

Old August 4th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Aug 3, 7:20*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"ST" wrote in message

On 8/3/08 6:52 PM, in article
, "Kurgan
Gringioni" wrote:

Someday our country needs to start changing its infrastructure to use
other forms of energy. The sooner the better.

EVERY resource on this planet can be considered finite you assbag!

Any idiot should be able to add the figures readily available and determine
that at this point we're looking at least at 50 years of oil.

snip

Dumbass -

Oil production peaked in the US in 1970. It's still going down even
when more drilling permits are issued. We've found all the easy stuff.
What Pickens is advocating is that we keep the energy dollars IN
HOUSE, as in going to American energy companies rather than to
Venezuela or Saudi Arabia or Iran or Nigeria.

You're right, we're still going to be able to find oil. It's just not
going to be in America 'cause all the cheap easy stuff here has
already been found.

From:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/us...l?ref=business

snip

The Bush administration, in its effort to expand energy production,
has issued more than three times the number of well-drilling permits
on Western lands as in the Clinton administration’s last six years.
But oil production in that region during the Bush years is 12 percent
below average levels from the Clinton era, according to federal data.

Oil production declined over all to an average of 97.9 million barrels
annually from 2001 through 2006, compared with average levels of 111.5
million barrels during the Clinton administration.

Drilling in the West is more likely to provide natural gas. Natural
gas production has increased by 34 percent during President Bush’s
term in office, compared with the annual production levels during
President Bill Clinton’s term. On federal land in the West, average
natural gas production during the first six years of this presidency
was 2.4 billion cubic feet annually, up from 1.8 billion, on average,
during the previous eight years, federal data show.

The wellhead price of natural gas is about five times higher than it
was in the 1990s.

The increased production of natural gas from federal lands, in
general, puts downward pressure on natural gas prices because the
North American gas market is largely isolated from the larger world
market. New oil production usually does not depress prices locally,
since oil is shipped by tanker in a worldwide market.

The Energy Task Force convened by Vice President Dick Cheney in 2001
called for expanded production on federal lands and offshore; these
figures, drawn from the data of the federal Minerals Management
Service and analyzed by the Environmental Working Group, a research
and advocacy organization based in Washington, give a partial sense of
how the task force’s priorities have been carried out, and to what
effect.

“You have to start with the recognition that most wells drilled in the
Rockies are not oil wells — they are gas wells,” said Porter Bennett,
the president and chief executive of Bentek Energy, one of the
industry’s largest research firms. “There would never be an
expectation of huge returns on the oil side,” he added.

snip

Marc Smith, the executive director of the Independent Petroleum
Association of the Mountain States, said that in the last six years
more than $20 billion had been invested in his region to increase
energy production.

“Because we are a frontier region,” Mr. Smith said, “it’s heavier
lifting to build the infrastructure to ship energy from where it’s
produced to where it’s needed.”

Also, Pete Stark, of the energy analysis firm IHS, said: “It takes an
increasing number of wells to be drilled each year to replace lost
production. The industry is running very hard just to stay in place.”

But for all this activity, the Wilderness Society says, in a state
like Colorado, where 4.9 million acres are leased out, just 1.4
million acres are under production. And of 7,124 drilling permits
approved on public lands in fiscal year 2007, only 5,343 wells were
drilled. Whether the cause of the lag time between leasing federal
lands and producing oil and natural gas is due to environmental
restrictions or strategy by energy companies, the delays mean that
“opening protected areas of the coasts or public lands to new leasing
is not going to lower the price of gasoline,” said David Alberswerth,
a senior policy adviser at the Wilderness Society.

But Richard Ranger, a senior policy adviser with the American
Petroleum Institute, takes the long view.

“There is obviously in the Rockies a tremendous amount of industry
investment,” he said. “It is reasonable to expect that surge will bear
fruit with new production over the coming decade.”

end

LBS OF THE MONTH datakoll Techniques 2 April 24th 08 02:30 AM
LBS OF THE MONTH datakoll Techniques 0 April 8th 08 01:03 AM
after one month lucky_8 Unicycling 14 February 27th 06 05:26 AM
one month uni-less... at least... Mistercookieface87 Unicycling 2 May 25th 04 02:37 AM
one month from now daino149 Unicycling 6 May 13th 04 04:09 AM