Red Light Running is a Top Cause of Auto Accidents

Old August 12th 15, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Red Light Running is a Top Cause of Auto Accidents

"Red Light Auto Accident StatisticsCar crashes from red light runners
are more likely than any other type of crash (47 percent versus 33
percent) to produce some degree of injury.[/*]Fatal car accidents caused
by running red lights are more likely to occur on urban roads than any
other fatal crashes.[/*]Red light running car accidents are slightly
more likely to occur during the day.[/*][/list]Many Drivers Rush Through
Red Lights into Car Crashes"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=072_1...fRAKOoxl6Jm.99
Old August 12th 15, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 12/08/2015 17:08, Bod wrote:
"Red Light Auto Accident StatisticsCar crashes from red light runners
are more likely than any other type of crash (47 percent versus 33
percent) to produce some degree of injury.[/*]Fatal car accidents caused
by running red lights are more likely to occur on urban roads than any
other fatal crashes.[/*]Red light running car accidents are slightly
more likely to occur during the day.[/*][/list]Many Drivers Rush Through
Red Lights into Car Crashes"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=072_1...fRAKOoxl6Jm.99

It also states:

"Another group of red light runners are the inattentive or distracted
drivers, who were not paying attention to the road. Driver distractions
are an even larger problem that is not merely limited to running red
lights."

Old August 12th 15, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 17:08:32 +0100, Bod wrote:

"Red Light Auto Accident StatisticsCar

"Each year in the United States, people that run red lights are a top
cause of car accidents... As San Diego car accident attorneys, we
believe that you should never speed up at a yellow light. ".

"Study" apparently carried out by Michael Pines, San Diego's Most
Trusted Personal Injury and car accident Law Firm since 1992.

Fascinating I'm sure but its relevance to the UK?

auto accidents datakoll Techniques 8 September 25th 12 01:57 AM
Auto Insurance question: On my auto insurance form I have to selectwhether I should let my auto insurer or... [email protected] UK 0 June 4th 08 08:10 AM
Red light running cyclist causes mayhem ian henden UK 31 May 2nd 06 12:32 PM
red light running p.k. UK 44 March 23rd 06 03:17 PM
Red light running and other things on last night commute Allan UK 7 August 18th 05 09:50 PM