Cyclists waste petrol

Old October 5th 18, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On 10/05/2018 06:26 AM, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

207 lines of crap snipped

Wow! Four consecutive posts containing a total of 605 lines!

Do you really expect antone to waste their time reading all
that crap?

Oh, and another two further down the thread with 243 lines
between them!

I'll give them a miss, if you don't mind.

Apparently you do, to the extent of counting the lines of well crafted
prose. Get a life.
Old October 5th 18, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 10/05/2018 07:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

The first thing that springs to mind is cheese, it's made in every country.

Britain does make some good cheese though I prefer Dubliner or Cambozola.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubliner_Cheese
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambozola

Still a good Double Gloucester isn't bad or perhaps a Stilton.
Old October 5th 18, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 10/05/2018 07:15 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Some weirdos drink goat's milk. Apparently it's quite disgusting.

Depends on the goat.
Old October 5th 18, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 10/05/2018 07:16 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Then why does the animal exist? Shouldn't it have died out before
humans began farming them?

Like our Bighorns, mouflons can take care of themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouflon

Supposedly the original sheep had 60 chromosomes like goats and
selective breeding lost a few. It's like selective breeding of Dane
warriors dumbed the breed down to Theresa May.
Old October 5th 18, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 03:35:16 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 10/04/2018 04:47 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 23:07:10 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 22:02:22 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 21:08:23 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 04:05:26 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 10/03/2018 04:45 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 23:38:38 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 03:49:03 +0100, rbowman

wrote:

On 10/02/2018 04:44 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:27:05 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 05:45:16 +0100, rbowman

wrote:

On 09/09/2018 01:08 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I really ****ed off a horserider once. I was driving
a very
old
Range
Rover automatic which had a conversion to LPG. It
very
often
misfired,
made loud bangs, and changed gear without warning. I
managed
cause a
small explosion and a loud revving of the engine just
as I
passed a
horserider coming the other way along a narrow country
road.
The
horse
**** itself, and so did the rider.

I did better than that... I was coming down a narrow
road
that
went
past
a dude ranch on my Harley. Coming the other was was a
herd of
dudes
on
their docile refugees from a canning factory led by a
genuine
wild
west
cowboy. ****head's horse had a nervous breakdown while
the
guests'
nags
barely roused from their stupor.

it doesn't take much to set them off. I've worked with
horses
enough
know most of them are a neurotic bundle of nerves. If
the
horse
can't
handle public roads, trailer it to a nice quiet horse
trail
someplace.

Indeed. Horses on roads were fine, before the invention
of
the
motor
car.

They weren't actually, lots got killed by them bolting
etc.

They're not the brightest of animals.

A common description around here is a cowboy is the third
dumbest
critter riding the second dumbest and chasing the first
dumbest.

I would agree with that statement.

I wouldn't, sheep are a lot dumber than cattle.

I'd say they were equally stupid.

No, you can turn cattle out in the forest in the spring and
expect to
find most of them in the fall, minus the few that walk off
cliffs
etc.
Try that with sheep and the first thing they will do is find
something
poisonous to eat. Then the survivors will find a fence line to
pile
up
against and smother half of them. The remnant will then try to
drown
themselves in a creek. The hardy few survivors will get eaten
by the
bears, wolves, mountain lions, and coyotes.

We do have wild bighorn sheep that can fend for themselves but
centuries
of breeding have dumbed down the domestic version.

Besides, sheep are an excuse for blue heelers.

Maybe they should let the stupid sheep all die off,

Trouble is that with the current bred sheep, that is all of them.

then the next generation will be more sensible.

Fraid not when they are all dead.

Then give up on the species altogether.

But then I wouldn't be able to eat their legs roasted.

Much prefer that to any other meat except steaks.

Doesn't it all taste pretty much the same? "Tastes like chicken".

Nope. Roast leg of lamb doesn't taste anything
like chicken. Neither does a steak or pork.

It all tastes like rotten food to me.

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

And much prefer their wool to synthetics too.

I don't. Cotton is much more comfortable.

It is for stuff like T shirts and shorts and jeans
but wool is much better for sox and jumpers.

I prefer cotton socks

More fool you.

and I don't wear jumpers.

More fool you.

I thought only girls wore jumpers.

Never heard that one before.

I think we have another translation problem.

Yes, you barbarians call them sweaters.

If you're sweating while wearing one, you shouldn't be wearing one.

Depends on how long you are sweating for. If its just for a short time
while doing something particularly energetic, and plan to stop doing
that and sit around after doing that, it makes more sense to leave it on.

Old October 5th 18, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

And risk dehydration, or have to drink extra fluids? No. I'd take it off and tie it around my waist while working.
Old October 5th 18, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 15:26:20 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 10/05/2018 07:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

The first thing that springs to mind is cheese, it's made in every country.

Britain does make some good cheese though I prefer Dubliner or Cambozola.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubliner_Cheese
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambozola

Still a good Double Gloucester isn't bad or perhaps a Stilton.

I love strong cheeses now and then, but I seem to go off them and back to good old cheddar. Have you tried Greek style cheese?
Old October 6th 18, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Maybe they should let the stupid sheep all die off, then the next
generation will be more sensible.

There wouldn't be a next generation. Goats have 60 chromosomes, sheep
have 54. The extra six control the formation of a working brain.

Then why does the animal exist?

For the same reason the dodo did.

Shouldn't it have died out before humans began farming them?

Nope, not even with the dodo.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 11:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 09:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 18th 07 12:30 AM