Cyclists waste petrol

Old October 6th 18, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 20:16:19 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 23:23:52 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 22:51:19 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 22:20:34 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 21:50:14 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 00:24:59 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 00:03:11 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:19:23 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 02:49:56 +0100, rbowman

wrote:

On 09/29/2018 03:46 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

We have 1,2,5,10,20,50,100,200 pence coins. They're all
equally
used.
Why use two 25 cent coins when you can use a 50?

No idea. Almost all the coin trays have 5 buckets but the
fifth
is
most
often used to hold paper clips, rubber bands, or other
small
items.

One explanation is the half dollar was the last of the
coins
contain
silver and when the silver prices went up they were hoarded
and
fell
out
of circulation. By the time the composite coins came out
people
had
gotten away from using them.

Chicken or egg, but most vending machines and the pay
phones
didn't
take
them.

The US did have 2 and 3 cent pieces in the 1800's. There
was
the
naive
thought that a coin's bullion value should match its face
value
so
there
was some jockeying around. The nickel won the popularity
contest.

The 20 cent piece didn't last long either. That was a
political
move
by
the silver miners to have the government buy more silver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Gold_speech

The US has solved that problem. None of the coinage has
real
worth
although you can make sort of a low grade zamak out of
pennies.
Illegally, of course.

Why do you have such complicated terms for your coins? Ours
are
just
called by their value - 20p, 50p, etc.

Pity about the sovereign, crown, half crown, groat, shilling,
sixpence,
quid
etc.

None of those are used anymore apart form "quid" which is
simply
synonym
for "pound".

There are still slang terms for your decimal coins and notes.

Which aren't used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slang_...United_Kingdom

The only slang term in use for a denomination is "quid".

Wrong, as always.

Which words do you believe we use commonly?

You didn't say commonly. You said arent used.

As in I hear them less often than once a year.

Then you need to get out more.

No, I just live in a civilised area without silly regional accents.

In scotland ? Yeah, right.

You get strong accents in cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh, and also in
the middle of nowhere like the Highlands, but not in the middle.

Wrong with that last

You only get strong accents where people have low intelligence. Farming communities, and cities full of council estates.

and you're shifting the goalposts, again, with your strong.

I'm not, the silly regional accents and the daft terminology occur in the same sort of places.
Old October 7th 18, 02:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 20:19:00 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 23:22:57 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 22:52:40 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 22:11:11 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 00:06:11 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 03:46:57 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 10/02/2018 04:42 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:37:49 +0100, rbowman

wrote:

On 09/30/2018 11:08 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Yes. Generally called spark plug wires in this country.
They
may
be
thing of the past. My Toyota doesn't have any but I don't
know
how
common that is.

It will, but they're concealed in one tube.

No concealment on the Toyota. It has Coil-on-Plug ignition.

https://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/to...nition-coils-1

Why do they tend to put the coils on the plugs now instead of
having
one
big coil?

The last car I inspected may have had that, I'm not sure, all
know
is
there was a bar that clipped over all the plugs, with one
thick
wire
leading to it.

It eliminates the moving parts of the distributor and the high
tension
wires. Even without the old mechanical points, that is still a
couple
of
areas of potential failure. The ECU is capable of delivering a
timed
pulse.

The trouble is when the ECU goes wrong all hell breaks loose.

It doesn't go wrong with the well designed ones.

My current (French - as in ****ty electrics) car failed the
annual
safety
test because it was reporting a failure of the antilock brakes.
Luckily
use a garage where the mechanics have common sense. The
computer
reported
a fault, but refused to specify what part was broken, so he just
passed
it
anyway.

Cars get bumped about, we can't build computers that can withstand
that.

Corse we can and do. No one I know has ever had any computer
failure
in
their car.

Everyone I know has.

Don't believe that. No one here has reported having one fail.

Well they all fail here, from every manufacturer.

Bull**** they do.

They do.

Bull**** they do with your stupid ALL.

They do once they're about 10 years old.

BULL****.

****ing engine management light on for no reason etc.

Never happened to mine.

Maybe it's the soggy island syndrome.

Nope, just you without a ****ing clue, as always.

What's wrong with a display that says "failed fuel pump" in English?

Because most don't have a ****ing clue what a fuel
pump is. If you want a proper code that tell you what
has failed you get an OBD2 thing and it tells you that.

They must have a clue as they can pass that information to the OBD2 thing.
So why not just tell the driver? Why should the driver have to go to a
garage to find out what's wrong?

They don't, the OBD2 thing only costs $5

It's like washing machines that say "error F4" - why not "please replace
intake valve"?

Because **** all of the buyers of their washing
machines repair their washing machines.

Old October 7th 18, 02:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

BULL****. And you didn't say STRONG originally,
you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

Farming communities, and cities full of council estates.

And people like Adam whose a lot smarter than you.

and you're shifting the goalposts, again, with your strong.

I'm not,

Corse you are when you never mentions strong until your
nose was rubbed in the stupidity of your original claim.

Old October 7th 18, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Ozzietard!

On 10/7/18 9:34 AM, The Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 06:00:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

What is the reason mosquitoes or crocodiles existed ?

Rather ask yourselves what is the reason that subnormal mentally deficient
cretins like the two of you exist! WHY do sociopaths like you exist?

So you agree that JWS is a squeaking rat.
Old October 7th 18, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 10/7/18 9:26 AM, The Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 06:01:56 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 172 lines of the usual stinking troll **** unread

Glad you agree that Jimmy is a mistake of nature.
Old October 7th 18, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 10/7/18 9:28 AM, The Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 06:03:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH troll ****

What has ANY of your sick **** got to do with ANY of the ngs you keep
crossposting it to?

Great that you agree that that Sword thing is a heavy-metal bagpipe player.
Old October 7th 18, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 10/7/18 9:29 AM, The Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 06:06:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 137 line of stinking troll ****

...and much better air in here again!

That's a new one. So James crawled out of a mutant maggot egg.
Old October 7th 18, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 10/7/18 9:30 AM, The Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 06:16:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 166 lines of the stinking troll **** unread again

...and nothing's left, again!

Agreed that Mr Macaw is a nincompoop.
Old October 7th 18, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default FLUSH 200 Lines of Absolutely Idiotic Drivel

On 10/7/18 9:34 PM, The Peeler wrote:

...and nothing's left!

Agreed that Uncle Peter is a thick-headed trog.
Old October 7th 18, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 10/7/18 9:32 AM, The Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 06:05:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 182 lines of senile stinking troll **** again

...and much better air in here again!

Agreed that Wilkinson is a few bricks short of a full load,

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 10:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 08:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 17th 07 11:30 PM