Cyclists waste petrol

Old October 7th 18, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

Default Cyclists waste petrol

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 22:04:12 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 02:04:51 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 20:16:19 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 23:23:52 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 22:51:19 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 22:20:34 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 21:50:14 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 00:24:59 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 00:03:11 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:19:23 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 02:49:56 +0100, rbowman

wrote:

On 09/29/2018 03:46 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

We have 1,2,5,10,20,50,100,200 pence coins. They're
all
equally
used.
Why use two 25 cent coins when you can use a 50?

No idea. Almost all the coin trays have 5 buckets but
the
fifth
is
most
often used to hold paper clips, rubber bands, or
other
small
items.

One explanation is the half dollar was the last of
the
coins
contain
silver and when the silver prices went up they were
hoarded
and
fell
out
of circulation. By the time the composite coins came
out
people
had
gotten away from using them.

Chicken or egg, but most vending machines and the pay
phones
didn't
take
them.

The US did have 2 and 3 cent pieces in the 1800's.
There
was
the
naive
thought that a coin's bullion value should match its
face
value
so
there
was some jockeying around. The nickel won the
popularity
contest.

The 20 cent piece didn't last long either. That was a
political
move
by
the silver miners to have the government buy more
silver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Gold_speech

The US has solved that problem. None of the coinage
has
real
worth
although you can make sort of a low grade zamak out
of
pennies.
Illegally, of course.

Why do you have such complicated terms for your coins?
Ours
are
just
called by their value - 20p, 50p, etc.

Pity about the sovereign, crown, half crown, groat,
shilling,
sixpence,
quid
etc.

None of those are used anymore apart form "quid" which
is
simply
synonym
for "pound".

There are still slang terms for your decimal coins and
notes.

Which aren't used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slang_...United_Kingdom

The only slang term in use for a denomination is "quid".

Wrong, as always.

Which words do you believe we use commonly?

You didn't say commonly. You said arent used.

As in I hear them less often than once a year.

Then you need to get out more.

No, I just live in a civilised area without silly regional
accents.

In scotland ? Yeah, right.

You get strong accents in cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh, and
also
in the middle of nowhere like the Highlands, but not in the middle.

Wrong with that last

You only get strong accents where people have low intelligence.

BULL****. And you didn't say STRONG originally,
you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

Strong accent is equal to silly regional.

Wrong, as always.

What other kind of strong accent could someone have?

Your STRONG is a recent side track you pathetic excuse for a bull****
artist.

Farming communities, and cities full of council estates.

And people like Adam whose a lot smarter than you.

Adam the electrician from uk.d-i-y?

Yep.

He lives in a council estate.

You live in a slum.

I live in a private house.

He does too.

and you're shifting the goalposts, again, with your strong.

I'm not,

Corse you are when you never mentions strong until your
nose was rubbed in the stupidity of your original claim.

Already covered above,

Wrong, as always.

stop making the same point twice.

Go and **** yourself, again.

Stop cutting and pasting.

Go and **** yourself, again.

the silly regional accents and the daft terminology occur in the same
sort of places.

Wrong, as always.

Properly educated people use normal words and speak clearly.

Wrong, as always. Adam doesn't and his education is much better than
yours.

He's a labourer.

You are unemployed.

Old October 8th 18, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Ozzietard!

On 10/8/18 11:24 AM, The Peeler wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 09:10:13 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 270 lines of stinking troll ****

You are unemployed.

You are a stinking incontinent senile troll, Rot!

Good that you agree that Mr Macaw is a few chromosomes short of a full
human.
Old October 8th 18, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default FLUSH 239 Lines of Stinking Troll ****!

On 10/8/18 11:05 AM, The Peeler wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 08:04:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH

...and much better air in here again!

Great that you agree that Jimmy is a green-nostriled, crossed eyed,
hairy-livered, goisher kopf, inbred trout-defiler.
Old October 8th 18, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:03:18 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/30/2018 09:10 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Why do you have such complicated terms for your coins? Ours are just
called by their value - 20p, 50p, etc.

Said the person with bobs, tanners, quids, sovs, tuppence, nuggets, and
beer tokens...

Nobody says bob anymore. Tenner is simple, it means ten. Quid is just another word for pound, like buck means dollar. Nobody says sovs or tuppence or nugget or beer token anymore.

And I don't think we've had coins made of anything anywhere near the
coin's value for a long time. Although they did recently (without
announcing it) change the 10p coin to one that was slightly
thinner/thicker (I forget which) and a different metal to save money.
This played havoc with machines that take them.

There is a whole market for 'junk silver' in the US. Those are pre-1965
coins with no particular numismatic value that did have silver in their
composition. The theory is if the **** hits the fan they will have
exchange value as opposed to the post '65 coins that are intrinsically
worthless.

I think all coins should be worth themselves in metal.

It particularly annoys me as I have a coin counter that sorts the coins
and creates a "bank bag" (as in a particular amount - 20 x £1 etc that
the bank likes paid in at once) of coins in each tube, simply by the
total thickness of the pile. With the new 10ps it gets it wrong each
time, so I just grumble at the bank teller when she says I've given her
the wrong amount. I can adjust it for the new coins, but a the moment
we have some of each.

About 10 years ago I sorted coins and put them into coin wrappers. When
I took them to the bank I stood their while the teller dumped them out
of the wrappers and took the pile to the back room to sort.

Ours has a sensitive weighscale, on the end of the row of tellers.

The supermarket has a coin sorter that I use when I accumulate a couple
of buckets of coins. There is a charge if you want cash back but none if
you get a gift card. There are several varieties of gift cards, but I go
with Amazon. For that you don't get a physical card, just a code number
that adds the balance to your Amazon account. The sorter works quite
well and only spits out Canadian coins. Sometimes it will reject a US
coin but generally takes it if you run it through again.

I just bought my own for £10 on Ebay.
Old October 8th 18, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

[...]

More fool you. No one does it that way anymore, for a reason.

And the value of the metal changes a lot over the time of metal
coins anyway so it isnt even possible.

Old October 8th 18, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Mon, 08 Oct 2018 18:42:16 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

[...]

Why do people say "for a reason"? Is it because they don't know what the reason is? If you did you would have simply stated it.

And the value of the metal changes a lot over the time of metal
coins anyway so it isnt even possible.

It's more stable than most things, like the price of oil for example.
Old October 8th 18, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Because there is a reason for that, stupid.

Is it because they don't know what the reason is?

Nope.

If you did you would have simply stated it.

I did.

And the value of the metal changes a lot over the time of metal
coins anyway so it isnt even possible.

It's more stable than most things,

BULL****.

like the price of oil for example.

Irrelevant. It does in fact vary a hell of a lot over
the life of metal coins. In spades with something
like gold. But also with copper and silver and nickel.

Old October 8th 18, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 6:42:26 PM UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

More fool you. No one does it that way anymore, for a reason.

And the value of the metal changes a lot over the time of metal
coins anyway so it isnt even possible.

That is why 1p and 2p coins became steel in 1992 as the bronze was worth more in melted copper and in face value.
Old October 8th 18, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 6:42:26 PM UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

I think all coins should be worth themselves in metal.

More fool you. No one does it that way anymore, for a reason.

That is why 1p and 2p coins became steel in 1992 as the bronze they were made of was worth more in melted copper than in face value.
Old October 8th 18, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Mon, 08 Oct 2018 20:16:06 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 6:42:26 PM UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

I think all coins should be worth themselves in metal.

More fool you. No one does it that way anymore, for a reason.

That is why 1p and 2p coins became steel in 1992 as the bronze they were made of was worth more in melted copper than in face value.

the government's problem for allowing inflation.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 11:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 09:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 18th 07 12:30 AM