Name of screw that holds the rear brake cable

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 23rd 19, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Name of screw that holds the rear brake cable

On 8/22/2019 7:56 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 11:25:48 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 8/22/2019 5:43 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 19:54:55 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 8/21/2019 6:54 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:09:30 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 8/21/2019 12:19 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Having looked through the fasteners at my local Ace many, many times, I can guaranty you there there is no drawer, box or fastener labeled "Internal Wrenching Bolt." Maybe such a bolt exists, but what I use on my bike is labeled as a socket head cap screw. Go to Grainger: https://tinyurl.com/y4y89fww Type in "internal Wrenching Bolt" and see what comes up. Nada. An internal wrenching bolt is some odd-ball aircraft/military fastener with inch dimensions. It's not a metric fastener. Now go to the internet and type in "internal wrenching bolt" -- and get a bunch of military crap. https://military-fasteners.com/bolts...renching+bolts

The military has a long history of unusual names. For example:

"'I understand,'' the Maine Republican said, ''that there is a story
coming out about a $600 toilet seat.''

''I think that gives new meaning to the word throne,'' Cohen added
before casually dropping the subject and moving on to weightier issues,
such as space defense and NATO burden sharing.

Within hours, the Defense Department publicists had cranked out a
statement challenging the senator`s characterization of the transaction.
Actually, the statement said, the Pentagon didn`t pay more than $600 for
a toilet seat.

''We believe the senator was referring to a lavatory cover which we have
recently learned has been priced at more than $600 by the contractor,
the Lockheed Corp.,'' the statement said.

According to Nick Duretta of Lockheed`s public information office, there
is a difference between a toilet seat and the lavatory cover purchased
for P-3 patrol planes that are now out of production.

''It (the lavatory cover) is more complex than a toilet seat,'' Duretta
said."

That was pretty common knowledge in the sections that were in the
business of trying to keep experimental airplanes flying)

The story was that the A.F. had ordered a toilet "can"
cover for an experimental aircraft for which there was no spares in
the supply system, or manufacturer's stocks. What is the correct price
to set up and manufacture a cover, probably dimensioned in tenths of
thousands and made of some erotic material?

Hmm. I'd first do away with the "erotic" material. You don't want
flyboys getting hot, bothered and distracted.

You have obviously never been around military airplanes. Every part is
specified in sufficient detail to manufacture exact of copies, which
of course is what the specs are for :-)

You're glossing over the "erotic" part!

Frank, when it comes to airplanes and parts there are no "erotic"
parts there are specified parts and a specified way of installing
them, right down to, in some cases, the sequence of tightening the
bolts.

Hmm. Either John hasn't yet spotted his misspelling, or he's completely
missing the subsequent joke.

--
- Frank Krygowski