Back to Business Quizzz

Old July 22nd 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Default Back to Business Quizzz

Another poster gave Davey the idea for this one - Gratias tibi ago

Take a boo at this

http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/d/117772-3/Brule.jpg

Now tell me:
The Brand of the Derailleurs Brulé is using
How the heck - and precicely - did he change the clanger
The Brand of his Crankset
The MODEL name of the Brake Levers - Not the BRAND
The Brand of the Brake stirrups (interested coz Davey dunno this one)
Whe he isn't using brake stirrups that match the brake levers

--
Davey Crockett
-

Old July 22nd 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 21, 11:14*pm, Davey Crockett wrote:
Another poster gave Davey the idea for this one - Gratias tibi ago

Take a boo at this

http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/d/117772-3/Brule.jpg

Now tell me:
The Brand of the Derailleurs Brulé is using
How the heck - and precicely - did he change the clanger
The Brand of his Crankset
The MODEL name of the Brake Levers - Not the BRAND
The Brand of the Brake stirrups (interested coz Davey dunno this one)
Whe he isn't using brake stirrups that match the brake levers

That's all very well, but I really want to know
why Brule is doing the Macarena.

Ben

Old July 22nd 08, 09:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

" a écrit profondement:

| On Jul 21, 11:14*pm, Davey Crockett wrote:
| Another poster gave Davey the idea for this one - Gratias tibi ago
|
| Take a boo at this
|
| http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/d/117772-3/Brule.jpg
|
| Now tell me:
| The Brand of the Derailleurs Brulé is using
| How the heck - and precicely - did he change the clanger
| The Brand of his Crankset
| The MODEL name of the Brake Levers - Not the BRAND
| The Brand of the Brake stirrups (interested coz Davey dunno this one)
| Whe he isn't using brake stirrups that match the brake levers
|

| That's all very well, but I really want to know
| why Brule is doing the Macarena.
|
| Ben

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try your search engines on this one

Davey needs a win once in a while, and since it's a long time since he
won anything on the road, RBR will have to serve as a substitute.

--
Davey Crockett
-

Old July 22nd 08, 09:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

" a écrit profondement:

| On Jul 21, 11:14*pm, Davey Crockett wrote:
| Another poster gave Davey the idea for this one - Gratias tibi ago
|
| Take a boo at this
|
| http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/d/117772-3/Brule.jpg
|
| Now tell me:
| The Brand of the Derailleurs Brulé is using
| How the heck - and precicely - did he change the clanger
| The Brand of his Crankset
| The MODEL name of the Brake Levers - Not the BRAND
| The Brand of the Brake stirrups (interested coz Davey dunno this one)
| Whe he isn't using brake stirrups that match the brake levers
|

| That's all very well, but I really want to know
| why Brule is doing the Macarena.
|
| Ben

It's relatively easy for anyone who was around at that time because we
nearly all had that gear or envied those that did.

It wasn't until a year or two later that the lads started saying
"Firk the war, I'm buying that Eye-Tie gear anyway."

--
Davey Crockett
-
Old July 22nd 08, 09:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Davey Crockett wrote:
Davey needs a win once in a while, and since it's a long time since he won
anything on the road, RBR will have to serve as a substitute.

We nominate you to argue with the Fogel bot.
Old July 22nd 08, 10:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Donald Munro wrote:

Davey Crockett wrote:
Davey needs a win once in a while, and since it's a long time since he won
anything on the road, RBR will have to serve as a substitute.

We nominate you to argue with the Fogel bot.

The only way to win is not to play.

I mean Usenet, not Fogel,

Old July 23rd 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Davey Crockett a écrit profondement:

| Another poster gave Davey the idea for this one - Gratias tibi ago
|
| Take a boo at this
|
| http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/d/117772-3/Brule.jpg
|
| Now tell me:
| The Brand of the Derailleurs Brulé is using

Huret

| How the heck - and precicely - did he change the clanger

You will notice that, unlike most of the changers of that era, there
is no lever on the seat tube to flip from the big to the small ring
and vv.

Huret had a wired system. The levers for both front and rear
derailleurs were mounted on the right hand side of the down tube in an
assembly that had a longish inner lever that shifted the rear
derailleur and a small outer lever that shifted the front derailleur.

| The Brand of his Crankset

Giradengo

It was the first, I believe, aluminium crankset after the war. Davey
snapped two the first week and upgraded to those Italian steel cranks
from Campagnolo.

| The MODEL name of the Brake Levers - Not the BRAND

The levers are Mafac "Racer" model

| The Brand of the Brake stirrups (interested coz Davey dunno this one)

They look like GB or possibly Benelux, but I don't know for sure. I'll
go for Benelux because I had GB and don't recognize them.

Anybody???

| Whe he isn't using brake stirrups that match the brake levers

The Mafac Racer brakes were centre-pull, but to use the stirrups you
needed braze-ons on your forks - front and rear like cyclo-cross
rigged bikes today. So most used a mismatched stirrup - like we didn't
know **** about purchase or mechanical advantage or suchlike in those
days but I did get the stirrups when I got a custom bike from Ted
Gerrard Cycles along with an "Independent" contract and they were
really impressive.

--
Davey Crockett
-
The continuing occupation of Iraq by US forces guarantees a mass death
rate in excess of 10,000 people per month with half that number dying
at the hands of US forces - a carnage so severe and so concentrated as
to equate it with the most heinous mass killings in world history.

lickton's gets no more business from me! walter General 45 May 10th 08 11:04 PM
on line business : kayal Mountain Biking 0 February 8th 08 04:15 PM
coming back from downtime - sore left back side - cause? Paul General 1 May 18th 07 06:45 PM
More business cycling... wafflycat UK 1 September 21st 05 06:38 PM
Back to Back Epic Uni Rides aspenmike Unicycling 11 August 17th 05 05:23 AM