Oval Chain Rings

Old July 22nd 17, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Oval Chain Rings

The only one I saw using these things was Froome. When they first came out some 30 years ago I got one of the first sets and let me tell you - I certainly did NOT find them to be better than round rings. And I pedal circles which is supposed to be the strong suit of these things. I wonder how Froome gets these things to work at all?
Old July 23rd 17, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_13_]

Tom Kunich a écrit profondement:

| The only one I saw using these things was Froome. When they first came
| out some 30 years ago I got one of the first sets and let me tell you
| - I certainly did NOT find them to be better than round rings. And I
| pedal circles which is supposed to be the strong suit of these
| things. I wonder how Froome gets these things to work at all?

Interestingly, taking a close-up physical look at J.F. Bernard's
bike, mid to late 80s, the chainring proudly displayed a "Biopace"
sticker.

But a closer inspection of the chainrings revealed that they were
actually round.

LMAO

--
Davey Crockett says Proudly Fly Your Flag
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/csa.jpg

Oval Chain Ring: Recommendations? (PeteCresswell) Techniques 5 May 15th 15 01:41 PM
Chain rings - SG vs SG-X [email protected] Techniques 0 September 25th 08 01:15 AM
Chain rings. Gaz[_2_] UK 10 July 17th 07 11:55 PM
chain rings Vimal UK 3 June 28th 06 01:39 PM
118mm BCD chain rings David Kerber Marketplace 1 February 10th 05 01:58 AM