Off Topic

Old August 19th 19, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Off Topic

On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 4:41:51 PM UTC-7, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 12:57:39 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Well, you may hopefully be one of those who do not see a future closing in and an end to the lou h. party line. But most people as they get older get their greatest joys from their children - even those with whom they do not get along with. It is the carrying on of the blood line and it is built into the psyche of most people. If you consider yourself as having positive points the end of your own custom DNA is rather sad.

Abortion is something that should not be left to a woman to decide.

By God Tom! You are right!

And equally bicycle rights should not be decided by bicyclists.
No Sir! From now on bicycle rules must be made only by non bicyclists!
After all who might know better that what bicyclists require than
those truck and car drivers.

People who want to have kids, do. And if continuing your own custom DNA is a priority, that can be arranged. One of my cases: https://tinyurl.com/y6swokkn I'll let you know how the appear works out. The central issue -- or a central issue -- is a mother's Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment liberty interest in parenting a child produced from her egg. Fascinating stuff. If you want a little TK to spoil in your old age, just get an egg, fertilize it and have it carried by a surrogate. Not cheap, but you get a shiny new TK, Jr. and the Kunich dynasty continues.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old August 21st 19, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

Funny how when an employee of Planned Parenthood had actual videos of PP board discussing how they would profitably sell off those baby parts that you assume to be nothing more than cells, the courts ordered that ex-employee to surrender her proof never to be seen again.

Now that PP has to show proof of what they are doing with the remains they have decided to relinquish 6 million dollars in Federal subsidies rather than actually tell us what they've been doing.
Old August 21st 19, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

The baby parts are going into Pop-Tarts and BacO bits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAFA-hamZ0 Beware!

If you read the scholarly work, you would know that putting the screws to Planned Parenthood only leads to more abortions. The vast majority of Title X money goes to family planning, viz., free birth control. When that goes away, public heath costs and abortion rates rise. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...abortion-rate/ https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2003/...tion-worldwide The panderer-in-chief is shooting the nation in the foot.

Why is it that you must have unwanted babies? I don't get it. It's not like we have a shortage of humans. Just look out your window -- but make sure you duck to avoid any cross-fire.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old August 21st 19, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 4:59:10 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

The baby parts are going into Pop-Tarts and BacO bits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAFA-hamZ0 Beware!

If you read the scholarly work, you would know that putting the screws to Planned Parenthood only leads to more abortions. The vast majority of Title X money goes to family planning, viz., free birth control. When that goes away, public heath costs and abortion rates rise. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...abortion-rate/ https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2003/...tion-worldwide The panderer-in-chief is shooting the nation in the foot.

Why is it that you must have unwanted babies? I don't get it. It's not like we have a shortage of humans. Just look out your window -- but make sure you duck to avoid any cross-fire.

-- Jay Beattie.

Yesterday I did a hard ride out to Moraga and back. 40 miles and 3,500 feet of climbing though the latest altimeter I have if obviously wrong since it never showed over 7% climb even on the 12% sections.

At the coffee stop there are tables in the back that are always filled with the local extreme liberals. These people would normally vote for Stalin over a Republican. But they have finally had enough of homelessness, illegal aliens, rampant crime and the fleeing of the middle class in California. Tables on both sides of me sere saying that they intended to vote for Trump and that the California Democrat machine had to go.

You can defend killing babies ALL you want but the voting block in the Pacific Coast states is getting older and they now understand the extreme crimes of murder of the unborn. You and everything you ever stood for is about to be washed down the creek. Tell us all again about how these babies are "unwanted" when the employees of Planned Parenthood have told us that they have psychologists employed to convince these mothers to be that they cannot possibly handle a baby without a father.
Old August 21st 19, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, 21 August 2019 12:51:09 UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 4:59:10 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

The baby parts are going into Pop-Tarts and BacO bits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAFA-hamZ0 Beware!

If you read the scholarly work, you would know that putting the screws to Planned Parenthood only leads to more abortions. The vast majority of Title X money goes to family planning, viz., free birth control. When that goes away, public heath costs and abortion rates rise. https://www.brookings..edu/blog/up-f...abortion-rate/ https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2003/...tion-worldwide The panderer-in-chief is shooting the nation in the foot.

[...]

Or they could be like the Spartans. The Spartans would have the baby examined and if any perceived defect was seen the baby was tossed to die of exposure. ;)

Some people want babies and some people do NOT want babies. SO the question remains, who should have the right to decide if a pregnant woman carries a fetus to full term?

Cheers
Old August 21st 19, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 9:51:09 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

I and everything I ever stood for is about to be washed down the creek? You better hope not, because my puritan work ethic is what's keeping you and your social security slacker friends off the streets. Haven't you read Atlas Shrugged? That's me. Atlas. You better hope I don't shrug and build a new capitalist society with no social security welfare benefits for dead-weights like you.

BTW, they'll be no abortion in my new Objectivist capitalist society because we'll pay the mothers and sell the babies for a profit, maybe even list them on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. "Hey, look, babies are up! Someone is trying to corner the baby market! Thank god I hedged with baby futures. Trump would totally rule the baby market, or he might go bankrupt a few times. Who knows.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old August 22nd 19, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 8/21/2019 5:11 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

And turning to selling babies in reality:

I was recently talking to a couple, one of whom is a lawyer. While I
forget certain details (such as the source of the egg and sperm), they
were talking about a couple so desperate for a baby that they paid a
woman to carry the baby as a surrogate. They paid over $10,000 of her
medical and other expenses.

At the last minute, the surrogate reneged on the deal. She decided she
wanted to keep the baby. The couple that was to take possession (or
adopt?) the baby is heartbroken, and out the cash. The lawyer said there
is no legal recourse. (I suppose that means there was no contract? Or a
very faulty one?)

So we are in an era where live babies - or fetuses, if you prefer - are
effectively bought and sold. And this incident shows that certain
"unwanted" babies are ultimately very much wanted

Weird times.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old August 22nd 19, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 4:18:01 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Tell me about it. Like I said, this is my case -- currently awaiting argument on October 1: https://tinyurl.com/y6swokkn There is a whole world of assisted reproductive technology (ART) out there. People who want to have babies, do -- and often at great cost. I and my wife were among those people.

Surrogacy is one approach, and in fact, my appeal involves many of the usual contract issues surrounding surrogacy and gamete donation -- as well as a heavy dose of the constitutional right of a biological mother to parent a child. Its the rare case when as a civil lawyer I have had to deal with Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment issues.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old August 22nd 19, 10:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 19:17:57 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

[...]

The news here has occasional reports of surrogate mothers and various
problems, largely in Cambodia for some reason. I think it is probably
a matter of money as the problem never seems to come up until the baby
is about due to be born. And seems to go away after a day or so.

--

Cheers,

John B.
Old August 22nd 19, 10:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 1:18:01 AM UTC+2, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Becoming parents in case it is not possible in the natural way is turning into a big emotional, ethical and legal mess. Homosexual couples and single parent included.
I have an oponion about this all but I also realize I can't impose that opinion to the people involved. What I know is that I have to pay for some of the cost it involves. I have a problem with that. A couple IVF treatments are covered by the mandotary basic health assurance. Artificial insemination for single parent are covered by mandotary basic health assurance. WTF.

Lou