Professional use of proper size wrench

Old August 16th 19, 03:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Professional use of proper size wrench

On 8/15/2019 9:20 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:51:53 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

And had I not fired that rifle there would have been two dead friends. At least I and my friends would have been alive and "self defense" in that case would be a pretty strong defense.

My motto is "KCJ beats KCH", but that's usually in the context of
riding outside the "please right-hook me" lane the the mayor painted
on Fort Wayne Street and so forth.

(Actually, Fort Wayne is easy to deal with: I use Clark instead.)

Wow, you have the mayor out there painting bike lanes. Impressive. In my
city the mayor would not be permitted to paint lanes. We're spending a
fortune on protected bike lanes since paint has proven to be ineffective
at achieving our goals.

Old August 16th 19, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

And had I not fired that rifle there would have been two dead
friends. At least I and my friends would have been alive and "self
defense" inÂ* that case would be a pretty strong defense.

My motto is "KCJ beats KCH", but that's usually in the context of
riding outside the "please right-hook me" lane the the mayor painted
on Fort Wayne Street and so forth.

(Actually, Fort Wayne is easy to deal with:Â* I use Clark instead.)

Wow, you have the mayor out there painting bike lanes. Impressive. In my
city the mayor would not be permitted to paint lanes. We're spending a
fortune on protected bike lanes since paint has proven to be ineffective
at achieving our goals.

Sometimes I think the real goal of "protected" bike lanes is to be trendy.

Safety? Not so much. See
https://www.iihs.org/topics/bibliography/ref/2193 for example. But click
the "Download" button for details.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old August 16th 19, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

or to get bicyclists off the roads? Some "protected" bike lanes aren't too bad but some of them are really dangerous whenever a bicyclist must cross or reenter traffic lanes. I prefer to just ride on the roads. Others may prefer bike lanes or segregated bike lanes.

Cheers
Old August 16th 19, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

The important things aren't the lines or the signs. It is respecting them and in California no one respects the law. Outside of my home is a stop sign and only the Buses stop at it and anyone behind them honks.

I did 35 miles on a back road yesterday and it was busy with commuters being routed through these slow hilly twisty farm roads by Google and they were traveling up to 70 mph through 25 mph sections. One Crow Canyon Rd. the local farmers said that they cannot even get out of their property because of violent speeders. It is now 8 years since I've been seizure free. During this time I haven't seen FIVE traffic tickets handed out and people don't even bother to obey the law around cops anymore.
Old August 16th 19, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

You get federal road assistance if you install bike lanes. Really keeping up there I see.
Old August 17th 19, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

wrote:

And had I not fired that rifle there would have been two dead friends. At least I and my friends would have been alive and "self defense" in that case would be a pretty strong defense.

My motto is "KCJ beats KCH", but that's usually in the context of
riding outside the "please right-hook me" lane the the mayor painted
on Fort Wayne Street and so forth.

(Actually, Fort Wayne is easy to deal with: I use Clark instead.)

I knew I should have added a footnote. "KC" is Kosciusko County. "J"
is "jail" and "H" is hospital.

I pass both those places on a typical ride -- and have been inside
both. KCJ was for a ham-club meeting (If you haven't an appointment,
you have to use your hand-held to ask someone inside to open the
door).

There are entrances on all four sides of KCJ. The one on the west is
the one you really, really don't want to use.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net