Bottle holder

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25th 19, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Bottle holder

On Sat, 25 May 2019 02:26:13 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2019 15:22:12 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2019 04:40:50 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2019 10:46:42 +0700, John B. Slocomb wrote:

On Thu, 23 May 2019 18:14:40 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Geez. Who can't sharpen a drill bit??

Apparently someone that posts here as I remember the implication and
sharp drills were only found in machine shops :-)

Yep, YMMV, but I've always found it cheaper to just buy a new drill set
or collection of drills than fuzing around trying to sharpen them.

OTOH, I don't earn my living drilling holes and it rapidly became
obvious that as far as "drill sharpening devices" went one
size/type/style didn't fit all and apart from a pileof files, that's
enough.

I'll go as far as touching up a chain saw every cut on dry redgum or
yellow box(realraiway sleepers), but life is too short to touch up a
drill for every hole.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. But sharpening drills is
just two passes across the grinding wheel and a chain saw has a
multitude of teeth :-)

If you have a shop, then I guess you're bound to have a grinding wheel or
three, but no shop here. Nor do i have a vice standing by with a groove
to hold drills so I can rub a file over them. Then there is the fact
that I just can't file a flat surface for the life of me.

Nor can I cook worth a damn. My secret is "I don't cook" :-)

By the way, if you can file your drill bits with a common file then
you are buying the wrong kind of drills :-)
--
cheers,

John B.