You didn't know you needed these

Old May 20th 21, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default You didn't know you needed these

https://bikerumor.com/2021/05/14/red...al-protection/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 20th 21, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 7:53:23 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://bikerumor.com/2021/05/14/red...al-protection/

There is a vanishingly small chance that the shop that bled the brakes didn't tighten the bleed port tight enough so doing ANYTHING to check that port is a good thing I suppose.
Old May 20th 21, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 10:53:23 a.m. UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://bikerumor.com/2021/05/14/red...al-protection/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Change for the sake of change?

Cheers
Old May 20th 21, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 20 May 2021 09:53:16 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://bikerumor.com/2021/05/14/red...al-protection/

Never having used hydraulic brakes on a bicycle I would have to ask is
this "wandering brake point" real?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 23rd 21, 09:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

John B. wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2021 09:53:16 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://bikerumor.com/2021/05/14/red...al-protection/

Never having used hydraulic brakes on a bicycle I would have to ask is
this "wandering brake point" real?

I’ve not noticed, if it’s very wet out sometimes there is a lag as the
commute bike cleans the rotor, but it’s not exactly that noticeable.

The MTB/Gravel not a sausage!

Roger Merriman

Old May 23rd 21, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 1:39:54 PM UTC-7, Roger Merriman wrote:
John B. wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2021 09:53:16 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://bikerumor.com/2021/05/14/red...al-protection/

Never having used hydraulic brakes on a bicycle I would have to ask is
this "wandering brake point" real?

I’ve not noticed, if it’s very wet out sometimes there is a lag as the
commute bike cleans the rotor, but it’s not exactly that noticeable.

The MTB/Gravel not a sausage!

In the wet, it takes about one full revolution of the wheels to clear the brake track. But if you are aware of that it isn't trouble. You only need to touch the shoes to the brake track and not actually apply them enough to slow the bike.
Old May 24th 21, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

John B. wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2021 09:53:16 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://bikerumor.com/2021/05/14/red...al-protection/

Never having used hydraulic brakes on a bicycle I would have to ask is
this "wandering brake point" real?

I’ve not noticed, if it’s very wet out sometimes there is a lag as the
commute bike cleans the rotor, but it’s not exactly that noticeable.

The MTB/Gravel not a sausage!

In the wet, it takes about one full revolution of the wheels to clear the
brake track. But if you are aware of that it isn't trouble. You only need
to touch the shoes to the brake track and not actually apply them enough to slow the bike.

It must happen but is nowhere as noticeable on the Gravel or MTB vs the old
commute bike, which has cheaper less powerful brakes, the MTB in particular
is used in vile conditions but never a noticeable effect.

Roger Merriman