A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Milage this year.

Old May 22nd 21, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Milage this year.

I am so far behind my normal yearly mileage that I will never get close to my normal 6,000 miles for the year. I am now going into stores without a mask and only one store - Auto Zone had a problem with that and they handed me a mask.

The supermarkets now see that there is enough competition from places like
Grocery Outlet or Trader Joes that if they demand masks people simply go elsewhere.

I'm sure that Russell is virtue signaling by wearing a mask even in bed at night to prove how virtuous he is and to impress the mattress. He hasn't bought a My Pillow to sleep comfortably because Mike Lindell supports conservatism.

As of now I only have 1200 miles and 22,000 feet of climbing. And I can really tell it in my riding. Two days of riding in a row is like hanging myself slowly.

Now on a flat ride I ride along at about only 13 mph though I can kick it in gear to clear an intersection. What has this year looked like for you?
Ads
Old May 22nd 21, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 8:11:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I am so far behind my normal yearly mileage that I will never get close to my normal 6,000 miles for the year. I am now going into stores without a mask and only one store - Auto Zone had a problem with that and they handed me a mask.

Grocery Outlet or Trader Joes that if they demand masks people simply go elsewhere.

I'm sure that Russell is virtue signaling by wearing a mask even in bed at night to prove how virtuous he is and to impress the mattress. He hasn't bought a My Pillow to sleep comfortably because Mike Lindell supports conservatism.

As of now I only have 1200 miles and 22,000 feet of climbing. And I can really tell it in my riding. Two days of riding in a row is like hanging myself slowly.

Now on a flat ride I ride along at about only 13 mph though I can kick it in gear to clear an intersection. What has this year looked like for you?

Dude, its time for HGH and Trenbolone -- maybe some EPO. Nobody is testing your urine. Other options include: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-...ext=98121-0201 You can still dominate!

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 22nd 21, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 8:42:52 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

Dude, its time for HGH and Trenbolone -- maybe some EPO. Nobody is testing your urine. Other options include: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-...ext=98121-0201 You can still dominate!

-- Jay Beattie.

It's not too late:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/record-...112800656.html

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 22nd 21, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 11:51:07 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 8:42:52 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

-- Jay Beattie.

It's not too late:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/record-...112800656.html

Jay, the idea is to ride, now ride faster than someone else. Up until about 4 years ago I had a real good performance compared to the people I was riding with but I got tire of going full blast on every ride so start going solo. Now I am not riding that fast anymore but when I finally hit my stride (when I get into proper shape) I don't have any problems riding anything.
Old May 23rd 21, 08:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 4:42:52 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:

-- Jay Beattie.

Back when I was in my middle fifties I was lying on this wide bridge wall, resting up for riding home, when a really old chappie came jogging along, bent over, his knuckles almost dragging the ground, wheezing like a bellows at a country blacksmith's on market day. In these parts one greets and speaks to people one meets in the lanes, including women.

I said to him, "Well done, sir! You'll live to be ninety."

And he snapped, "I'm ninety already, sonny."

Andre Jute
Let that be a lesson to y'all: avoid lying on bridge walls.
Old May 23rd 21, 02:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]
external usenet poster

Tom Kunich wrote:
I am so far behind my normal yearly mileage that I will never get close
to my normal 6,000 miles for the year. I am now going into stores without
a mask and only one store - Auto Zone had a problem with that and they handed me a mask.

I'm sure that Russell is virtue signaling by wearing a mask even in bed
at night to prove how virtuous he is and to impress the mattress. He
hasn't bought a My Pillow to sleep comfortably because Mike Lindell supports conservatism.

As of now I only have 1200 miles and 22,000 feet of climbing. And I can
really tell it in my riding. Two days of riding in a row is like hanging myself slowly.

Now on a flat ride I ride along at about only 13 mph though I can kick it
in gear to clear an intersection. What has this year looked like for you?

For what aim?

Not sure that miles in of its self makes much difference, while commuting
keeps a base layer of fitness, in terms of getting faster up hills etc,
requires me to go for it up various hills.

I am slightly lower miles this year compared to last, probably due to
weather, was lovely weather last spring which does help with longer Gravel
rides. I keep a mask in the saddle bag and most if not all of my cafe stops
are outside so COVID19 has had little effect really, in terms of where I
would stop at least now anyway.

Roger Merriman