BR(x) map for those who care...

Old March 7th 05, 12:33 AM
PiledHigher

Default BR(x) map for those who care...

flyingdutch Wrote:
huh? 'Wotchutorkinbout, Willus???'

From cycling forums, posts slip away from the top of the list and yo
have to go down several pages of posts to find the map for BR (as i di
to confirm the start time on sunday morning

--
PiledHigher

Old March 7th 05, 02:37 AM
flyingdutch

PiledHigher Wrote:
From cycling forums, posts slip away from the top of the list and yo
have to go down several pages of posts to find the map for BR (as i di
to confirm the start time on sunday morning)

heck, if i could be arsed i could start a new page for it, and whe
thursday comes around i toy with the idea of putting up a ne
post/reminder on CF.com but apparently there is the odd person on ther
from mythical/north location whom dont care (jealousy, no doubt )

cheer

--
flyingdutch

Old March 7th 05, 03:45 AM
jazmo

flyingdutch Wrote:
heck, if i could be arsed i could start a new page for it, and whe
thursday comes around i toy with the idea of putting up a ne
post/reminder on CF.com but apparently there is the odd person on ther
from mythical/north location whom dont care (jealousy, no doubt )

cheers

I reckon it would be great to have a moderated cycling forum. That wa
you don't get wackos putting crap on this site (cycling forums)
Ski.com.au (no plug intended) is a good example of such a forum wit
volunteer moderators

--
jazmo

Old March 7th 05, 03:54 AM
Tamyka Bell

jazmo wrote:

flyingdutch Wrote:
heck, if i could be arsed i could start a new page for it, and when
thursday comes around i toy with the idea of putting up a new
post/reminder on CF.com but apparently there is the odd person on there
from mythical/north location whom dont care (jealousy, no doubt )

cheers

I reckon it would be great to have a moderated cycling forum. That way
you don't get wackos putting crap on this site (cycling forums).
Ski.com.au (no plug intended) is a good example of such a forum with
volunteer moderators.

--
jazmo

There's a site? Crap, that's fancy. I better go get me a web browser.

Old March 7th 05, 03:59 AM
flyingdutch

jazmo Wrote:
I reckon it would be great to have a moderated cycling forum. That wa
you don't get wackos putting crap on this site (cycling forums)
Ski.com.au (no plug intended) is a good example of such a forum wit
volunteer moderators.

what kind of bike do THEY ride? :confused

--
flyingdutch

Old March 7th 05, 04:02 AM
TimC

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 at 02:45 GMT, jazmo (aka Bruce)

flyingdutch Wrote:
heck, if i could be arsed i could start a new page for it, and when
thursday comes around i toy with the idea of putting up a new
post/reminder on CF.com but apparently there is the odd person on there
from mythical/north location whom dont care (jealousy, no doubt )

I reckon it would be great to have a moderated cycling forum. That way
you don't get wackos putting crap on this site (cycling forums).
Ski.com.au (no plug intended) is a good example of such a forum with
volunteer moderators.

God, I hate websites as forum devices.

Moderated ones in particular - they completely kill realtime
discussion.

Newsgroups are so much more superior as a device for group discussions
(duh, that's what it was invented for), and killfiles are quite useful
things (remember that fred guy who posted 50 posts? About 5
keystrokes, and he's gone. Forever. Then the 50 repeat posts lastnight
from an AOL account using google? Gone also.)

It also turns out that the Cyclingforums gateway is always the source
of posts that aren't properly formatted, not providing context or
marking text which is a reply as not a reply and vice-versa. Then
there are the mistakes in threading. I get the feeling cyclingforums
in particular could have been much better designed.

Hell - n. The current residence of Mr. Noah Webster, Lexicographer.
(Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_)
Old March 7th 05, 04:29 AM
jazmo

flyingdutch Wrote:
what kind of bike do THEY ride?

These ones.

http://www.a2xtreme.com/2000/0033.htm

:

--
jazmo

Old March 10th 05, 01:32 AM
Jay Woo

Hello fellow BR-ers,
I wont be joining you this week (13/03/05). I'm riding on Monday but
with a difference. I want to point my bike up a hill for an hour or so,
so I'm driving up to Mansfield then riding to Mt Buller and back. I've
got one spot in the car if anyone is interested in coming along. If
there is a lot of interest then maybe a convoy?

More info on the climb here;
http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/climbs....A?OpenDocument

Old March 10th 05, 01:41 AM
PiledHigher

Jay Woo Wrote:
Hello fellow BR-ers,
I wont be joining you this week (13/03/05). I'm riding on Monday but
with a difference. I want to point my bike up a hill for an hour o
so,
so I'm driving up to Mansfield then riding to Mt Buller and back. I've
got one spot in the car if anyone is interested in coming along. If
there is a lot of interest then maybe a convoy?

More info on the climb here;
http://tinyurl.com/55yfh

Speaking of riding on monday, I could be convinced to do a Monday BR i
there is some interest

--
PiledHigher

Old March 10th 05, 02:45 AM
TimC

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 at 00:32 GMT, Jay Woo (aka Bruce)
Hello fellow BR-ers,
I wont be joining you this week (13/03/05). I'm riding on Monday but
with a difference. I want to point my bike up a hill for an hour or so,

^^^^^^^^^
so I'm driving up to Mansfield then riding to Mt Buller and back. I've
got one spot in the car if anyone is interested in coming along. If
there is a lot of interest then maybe a convoy?

Isn't that the wrong direction? You've got a car - use it to get to
the top, then get some sucker to drive down the bottom, and pick you
up? Surely?

If it weren't for C, we'd be writing programs in BASI, PASAL, and OBOL.

Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Uwharrie Trail Care Day May 15 Central NC Tommy Taylor Mountain Biking 1 April 28th 04 06:33 PM
Trail Care Day Uwharrie Woodrun Trail System ... Central, NC (Supertree and Keyauwee) Tommy Taylor Mountain Biking 1 April 13th 04 05:55 PM