Shimano Biopace-SG chainset question.

Old July 28th 04, 09:24 PM

Default Shimano Biopace-SG chainset question.

Folks,

After 50 years of riding nothing but 3-speed Sturmey-Archers,
I have just acquired my first MTB, a Schwinn Sierra MOS with a
Shimano Biopace-SG chainset (ca.1990 I'm told).

I tried a search for Biopace-SG but can't come up with anything.

I want to know what the `SG' designation means. Can anyone say?

Bill

www.nyx.net/~wboas

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." T. Roosevelt

Old July 28th 04, 10:04 PM
Zoot Katz

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:24:35 -0600,
Pine.SUN.3.96.1040728141945.25741A-100000@nyx,
wrote:

I want to know what the `SG' designation means. Can anyone say?

"Super Glide"
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_sp-sz.html#superglide
--
zk
Old July 28th 04, 10:13 PM
Bob in CT

wrote:

I want to know what the `SG' designation means. Can anyone say?

"Super Glide"
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_sp-sz.html#superglide

OK, no more discussion of Biopace is allowed! This brings back bad
memories of trying to maintain and develop a smooth stroke on my biopaced
racing bike. Ick!

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply
Old July 28th 04, 10:59 PM
Rick Onanian

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:04:53 -0700, Zoot Katz
wrote:
"Super Glide"

Keep it clean. This is a _bicycling_ newsfroup.
--
Rick Onanian

Shimano upgrade question kj General 10 November 24th 03 04:20 PM
SRAM vs SHimano Edward Holt Mountain Biking 7 August 28th 03 03:40 PM
Shimano Nexus internal hub assembly question . . . General 0 July 26th 03 11:26 PM
shimano deore vs shimano xt? question Peter Tønnesen Mountain Biking 2 July 3rd 03 04:49 PM