How impossible is the impossible wheel?

Old January 14th 05, 08:10 AM
lleberg

Default How impossible is the impossible wheel?

Well, whis IS silly, earlyer this morning, i started making plans to
making my own ultimate wheel, will go to my friend and bike service man
and try to get a crashed 26" wheel, just need the tire tube and rim.

But now, i saw a little video with some BC wheel, and i want one of
those to, i can't afford a second unicycle, so i just get something
similar, i guess.
And, some minutes after that, i saw the ACS Stealth Mag 20" for bmx,
it's only 390 kr (55$)
[image: http://www.cyclecomponents.com/image...ar/BX0026.jpg]
It is possible to make a cheap bc wheel out of this, isn't it?

edit: From what i have found there ain't no bc wheels to buy anywhere in
sweden, and the shipping would be horiffic from other countrys.

--
lleberg - Level 4 unicyclist

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old January 14th 05, 08:39 AM
jsm

Given the number of people who ride BC wheels, it can't be to difficult.
I know coasting on a standard unicycle is horrendously difficult (it
took me six months of hard practice to go ten meters and ride out) but I
think a BC wheel would be a lot easier, since your center of balance is
lower. Lots of people have gotten quite a ways on a BC wheel after only
a few hours practice. It will probably come easier than regular
unicycling, provided you can already unicycle. Also, once you learn the
BC wheel, learning to coast on a regular unicycle might be easier to
learn, since you would already have the basic reflexes necessary to
coast. I highly reccomend learning to coast in any case, since it's so
much fun.

--
jsm - Freestyle below Freezing!

jsm to BMX posers: "So, what do you do with the extra wheel?"
BMX poser: "Uhhh...., I dunno."

jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old January 14th 05, 10:56 AM
goldenchicken

Hi Ileberg,

I think it is not so impossible to buy an IW from Sweden. Take a look at

www.municycle.com

Roland offers 3 different IWs starting from 95 euro (850 skr). Shipping
will cost 17 euro (150 skr) provided the parcel does not weigh more than
5 kg.

--
goldenchicken - .
goldenchicken's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8149

Old January 14th 05, 06:12 PM
johnfoss

The impossible wheel is of course far from impossible. That's why
impossible is a bad name. I prefer BC Wheel, but if you have never seen
the BC comic strip (in Sunday newspapers in the USA), this name doesn't
make any sense either.

They are harder than most other unicycle types, and are similar to
coasting on a regular unicycle (but easier than coasting).

That BMX wheel you pictured is really cool looking. It should make a
great BC. All you need is something to use for the pegs. In Sweden it
might be easier for you to find some basic moped pegs like the ones I
used to have on mine. Or you can have some steel welded into an L shape,
and drill a couple of holes for the axle to go through. No need to buy a
whole separate wheel from another country.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old January 14th 05, 06:38 PM
forrestunifreak

Or go to a good hardware store and get some plates,i think their
normally used for ceiling jionts or somthing,and there the perfect size
shape and they already have holes drilled in.Im going to make one
eventaully.

--
forrestunifreak - R.I.P. Unibiker

Whenever im feeling blue,i just start breathing again.

Old January 15th 05, 09:33 AM
lleberg

The pegs won't be a problem because my dad's a steel worker.
Now i only need to get some money to build this sucker.

--
lleberg - Level 4 unicyclist

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

105 flange failure pics cashrefundman Techniques 26 November 30th 04 06:37 PM
Wheelbuilding issues Nate Knutson Techniques 13 May 9th 04 03:29 PM
Impossible Wheel Grinspoon Unicycling 2 February 8th 04 05:14 PM
Wheel Rebuilding TheObieOne3226 Unicycling 16 January 1st 04 10:55 AM
Attaching rear wheel Roger Zoul General 10 October 21st 03 11:35 AM