Tory MP in 4x4 fined for 'momentary lapse of concentration'

Old February 9th 09, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
js the truth will out

Default Tory MP in 4x4 fined for 'momentary lapse of concentration'

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:41:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:45:23 +0000, David Hansen
said in
:

I remember the "changing web pages" saga, where you well and truly
nailed him.

Utterly wrong.

David, I'm pretty sure that "Bob Jones" is judith, since I have yet
to see anyone, even those who assume good faith, accept her version
of "the page that never changed"
(http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/The_page_that_never_changed).

Ah yes - the page that never changed - it doesn't matter how you try
and dress things up Chapman - the basics of the story are still the
same.

On 13 August Chapman said:

"I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets." "I
would challenge judith to find the place where I said I encourage
my children to wear helmets."

I found and gave the reference to a page on Chapman's web-pages which
categorically, clearly stated :

"I encourage my children to wear them"

On about the 13 or 14 August Chapman then changed the page to say it
was out of date and only kept for historical reasons.

A simple question for Chapman which he categorically refuses to
answer:

If you looked at that single web page on 12 August and then you looked
at it again on 14 Augusts would the pages be identical.

He will not answer - because the answer is NO - because he changed
the page as a result of the "discussion" with me.

Here is the post where judith acknowledges that her assertion has no
source:
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.rec.cycling/msg/7d42a1b927404ace

Rubbish - it does no such thing.
My assertion clearly has a source - do you think I've made up the
following extract from a web page?

And now one more simple question for Chapman:
Is the bit I quote below from cyclehelmet.org's early web-pages? - yes
or no will suffice.

:
MAINPAGE. Sidebar with links to the (colloquial) FAQ “helpful or
harmful”, the (formal) summary, to chapter headings, and to other
links.

BICYCLE HELMET RESEARCH CENTRE (or other title)

(nice pictures, maybe one of Steve Norris?)

Message: Helmets are not beneficial to cyclists (unless the evidence
forces us to a dramatically different conclusion.)

judith

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy
I would challenge judith to find the place where I said I encourage
my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I pointed out the web page
He then quickly changed the web page - but "forgot" to change the date
of last amendment so it looked like the change had been there for
years.

Old February 9th 09, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

In article , David Hansen wrote:
The mildly amusing thing is that people are
laughing at the troll, but the troll doesn't realise this.

I think she does, that's part of what makes her so mad. At least
underneath she knows - it is quite amazing what she can deny, possibly
even to herself.
Old February 9th 09, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

"Clive George" writes:

"graham" wrote in message

You could well be right - she may not have a source to prove it - but
she has not acknowledged that in the way you say she has.

I have a friend who talks about themselves in the 3rd person when they get
drunk. Are you suffering the same problem?

Because judging by the frequency we see it, if that is the case then I
wold also suspect liver damage.

-dan
Old February 9th 09, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith's best friend

wrote:
"I very rarely use hyphens"

"I do use hyphens quite a bit"
Old February 9th 09, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
SW

On 9 Feb, 14:49, js the truth will out wrote:

I found and gave the reference to a page on Chapman's web-pages which
categorically, clearly stated :

"I encourage my children to wear them"

Was that statement removed from the page ?

On about the 13 or 14 August Chapman then changed the page to say it
was out of date and only kept for historical reasons.

Was that the only change to the page ?
Old February 9th 09, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

SW writes:

On 9 Feb, 14:49, js the truth will out wrote:

I found and gave the reference to a page on Chapman's web-pages which
categorically, clearly stated :

"I encourage my children to wear them"

Was that statement removed from the page ?

No. You can check this for yourself at

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk:8080...2?OpenDocument

On about the 13 or 14 August Chapman then changed the page to say it
was out of date and only kept for historical reasons.

Was that the only change to the page ?

CBA to check (but if you don't believe Guy's statement to that effect
there's no good reason you should believe mine either). Why don't you
check it for yourself?

-dan
Old February 9th 09, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:39:33 -0800 (PST), SW
said in
:

Was that statement removed from the page ?

No statement was removed from the page.

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/The_page_that_never_changed

You may also wish to consider whether, even had it changed as judith
claims, it would have been something justifying a months-long
campaign of trolling and vitriolic personal attacks.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt