Waterproof Map And Cue Sheet Holder - Suggestions?

Old April 26th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Default Waterproof Map And Cue Sheet Holder - Suggestions?

Steve Sr. wrote:
I am looking for suggestions on carrying a map or cue sheet in a
waterproof manner on my road bike. I know that some handlebar bags
have map pockets but I don't want to go this route. I am looking for
something light weight.

1) Laminate cue sheet with clear 2" packing tape. Cheap, weighs near
zero, waterproof. Stays waterproof while you are looking at the cue
sheet, refolding it, etc. Either get cue sheet in advance to laminate
or bring the tape to the ride.

2) Ziptie or velcro an alligator clip to your stem. Put laminated cue
sheet in clip. Sheet is flexible enough to fold and refold, but stiff
enough not to flap. I've got a velcro-on version my club gave out as
awards one year; I've seen them available retail but can't find an
example at the minute.

Mark

Old April 26th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

I just keep a map in my jersey pocket in a zip lock back. I fold the
map to show current road on one side, next stretch on the other. Put
it in the bag, then fold it once and it fits in a standard packet.
This way I can pull it out and check farther along the map because it's
not tied down.

Old April 26th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Make that a zip lock bag.