Panniers on disc brake MTB

Old January 30th 08, 10:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
njg02

Default Panniers on disc brake MTB

G'day all. I've been asked to go on an overnight jaunt and don't have
anywhere to attach my rack. It is a Giant axt with discs. Does anyone know
if someone makes a rack that will attach to the v brake bosses on the
rear? I'd like to go on this ride and want to carry my camera gear on my
back and other gear on the bike.

--
Posted at www.Usenet.com.au

Old January 30th 08, 10:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
slaw[_7_]

njg02 Wrote:
Found 'em. Topeak.

'' (http://www.Usenet.com.au) Axiom have a few racks to fit bikes with disc brakes as well. Old Man

Mountain can fit bikes that don't have any eyelets at the dropout
although they are pretty pricey. Or you can get inventive with any rack
and use some spacers and long bolts. Most (decent) bike shops should be
able to sort you out.

--
slaw

Old January 31st 08, 01:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob.

njg02 wrote:

Found 'em. Topeak.

njg02 wrote:

G'day all. I've been asked to go on an overnight jaunt and don't have
anywhere to attach my rack. It is a Giant axt with discs. Does anyone know
if someone makes a rack that will attach to the v brake bosses on the
rear? I'd like to go on this ride and want to carry my camera gear on my
back and other gear on the bike.

I made mine like this
http://www.bicyclestore.com.au/Topea...-pr-20592.html

starting with a pair of STAUFF Clamps around the seat post welded a beam
on and attached a deck with sides to stop the panniers touching the wheel.