Lance

Old July 13th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Crescentius Vespasianus

Default Lance

I think a Lance thread about his mis-adventures with the Olson Twins,
and all the rest of that Hollywood trash he's associated with, would
generate more posts than this Tour de France has so far.
Old July 13th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bob sullivan[_2_]

No real surprises that would generate conversation. Ricco can climb. We
knew that. Cavendish can sprint. We knew that. Evans can suck a wheel
like nobody's business. We knew that. Schumacher and Vande Velde have
been a bit surprising, but not earth-shatteringly so.

Honestly, I don't know why people pay attention to whoever LANCE is
boinking, but then, I don't understand why anybody cares about
Brangelina's new twins or anything that comes out of Lemond's mouth,
either.

I'm just glad the Tour has hit the mountains.

~bob

Old July 14th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 13, 11:20 pm, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
I think a Lance thread about his mis-adventures with the Olson Twins,
and all the rest of that Hollywood trash he's associated with, would
generate more posts than this Tour de France has so far.

And also ban him from the Tour, as Prudhomme said, a champion's
behavior must be irreproachable and should not be a stain on the
reputation of the Tour de France.

-ilan
Old July 14th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

wrote:

I think a Lance thread about his mis-adventures with the Olson Twins,
and all the rest of that Hollywood trash he's associated with, would
generate more posts than this Tour de France has so far.

And also ban him from the Tour, as Prudhomme said, a champion's
behavior must be irreproachable and should not be a stain on the
reputation of the Tour de France.

-ilan

That'd be a good one. A Tour with no past champions, or riders.
What if they gave a Tour and noone came?
Bill C
Old July 14th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 14, 1:40 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
I think a Lance thread about his mis-adventures with the Olson Twins,
and all the rest of that Hollywood trash he's associated with, would
generate more posts than this Tour de France has so far.

And also ban him from the Tour, as Prudhomme said, a champion's
behavior must be irreproachable and should not be a stain on the
reputation of the Tour de France.

I guess that's why Sarkozy hasn't been invited.

Bob Schwartz

Are you kidding, Sarko's visit last year was the first time a
President ever followed a Tour. He claims his great love and interest
in the race since first following closely in 1969 when it was between
Janssen and van Springel in the last stage. No, I did not make any
mistake, I am paraphrasing accurately what he stated last year!!! He's
busy now with the Mediterranean summit. Who knows maybe during his
presidency, Carla Bruni will follow the Tour just like Yvette Horner,
I can imagine having her own vehicle in the shape of a guitar.

-ilan
Old July 14th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brian Lafferty

wrote:

I think a Lance thread about his mis-adventures with the Olson Twins,
and all the rest of that Hollywood trash he's associated with, would
generate more posts than this Tour de France has so far.

And also ban him from the Tour, as Prudhomme said, a champion's
behavior must be irreproachable and should not be a stain on the
reputation of the Tour de France.

-ilan

That'd be a good one. A Tour with no past champions, or riders.
What if they gave a Tour and noone came?

We could show up and have a shot at winning it. :-)
Bill C

Old July 14th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

ilanpsi wrote:
Who knows maybe during his presidency, Carla Bruni
will follow the Tour just like Yvette Horner, I can imagine having her own
vehicle in the shape of a guitar.

Luckily she doesn't look like LANCE's mom.
Old July 14th 08, 09:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

ilanpsi wrote:
And also ban him from the Tour, as Prudhomme said, a champion's behavior
must be irreproachable and should not be a stain on the reputation of the
Tour de France.

So in the popular rbr virtual universe Anquetil should be stripped of
at least some of his victories.

lance skianduniaddict Unicycling 7 January 2nd 07 02:55 AM
Lance on the run from the law [email protected] Racing 0 July 14th 06 12:43 AM
Latest on Lance and the UCI. Lance is clean. RS Techniques 0 June 1st 06 12:37 AM
Lance dumping Sheryl or Cofidis dumping Lance? Which is worse?? crit PRO Racing 17 February 28th 06 01:16 AM
Is Lance OK ?? Callistus Valerius Racing 1 August 1st 04 06:23 PM