Ed Dolan on women

Old September 18th 04, 07:42 PM
Edward Dolan

"Snoop Dog" wrote in message
NOTE TOP POSTING!

Yo Dole,

I send you "Recumbo Babes Slip Sliding Away" for yo library fo free!

See it everyday, flog yo dolphin, enjoy!

Snoop Dog

Not only are all top posters idiots, but they hate to use their real names.
But there is no real anonymity on the Internet. Snoop Dog has an Internet
address the same as I do. But like all cowards, they like to think they are
anonymous and unreachable. They really are NOT anonymous and they ARE
reachable.

--
****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old September 19th 04, 06:18 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:31:08 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

Laurel or Hardy?

I can see the point with the other pairs (although Dean Martin could
be as funny as Jerry Lewis for other than the French), but Laurel and
Hardy as being specifically one a straight man and the other the
comic? Both worked the spectrum of their craft, both did great
reaction bits, both did the physical comedy and both did straight
set-ups.

They also have little to do with ARBR because they were actually
funny. Even decades later.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old September 19th 04, 07:01 PM
Edward Dolan

wrote:

Laurel or Hardy?

I can see the point with the other pairs (although Dean Martin could
be as funny as Jerry Lewis for other than the French), but Laurel and
Hardy as being specifically one a straight man and the other the
comic? Both worked the spectrum of their craft, both did great
reaction bits, both did the physical comedy and both did straight
set-ups.

They also have little to do with ARBR because they were actually
funny. Even decades later.

I regard Laurel and Hardy as the greatest funny men who ever existed. I
would say Hardy was basically the straight man and Laurel constantly played
the fool. But it was Hardy who was truly funny. Fools are not really all
that funny without the straight man. Fools in fact grow extremely tiresome
after a bit.

Physical comedy is extremely important and stand-up comedians and one
liners, like Bob Hope, bore the hell out of me. A stand up comedian with his
one liners will never make me laugh like Laurel and Hardy do. Hardy has
always been greatly underestimated as compared to Laurel. Hardy was a comic
genius. Hell Bells! He even looked funny.

I appreciate your comment about the French having absolutely no taste at all
when it comes to American comics and American films. Anyone who thinks
Jerry Lewis was ever funny is a ****ing idiot. I actually do like French
films but only the serious ones. Although "Rosetta" is a Belgian film, it is
nevertheless in the grand French tradition of serious art films and I highly
recommend it to one and all.

The greatest Laurel and Hardy movies were those rather short reels from
their earliest days. Some of them are truly classic. I submit that Laurel
and Hardy would never have been the least bit funny without Hardy there to
offset Laurel, the fool.

I am never trying to be funny by the way, but I do mean to kill the god damn
fools that seem to reside permanently here on ARBR.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old September 19th 04, 11:43 PM
Edward Dolan

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message news:...

"GOD" wrote in message

Success...

Doofus complains:
The secret to corresponding with idiots is to be as idiotic as they are.

It is ever my role to play the straight man here on ARBR. But fools can
never make their play without the straight man. Who do you think was
funnier - Martin or Lewis? Abbot or Costello? Laurel or Hardy? I rest my
case.

I am not asking for a comparison of these duos, but rather who is the
funnier of the duos - Martin or Lewis, Abbot or Costello, Laurel or Hardy?
My contention is that the straight man is the funnier. Hardy, for instance,
is much funnier than Laurel, Abbot is much funnier than Costello and Martin
is much funnier than Lewis. What do you think?

Fools and clowns are never funny to me. It is only the straight men who are
funny. Of course they have to be offset by the fool. Circus clowns are the
saddest sons of bitches who ever lived. They are simply pathetic. They ought
to be taken out and killed. Only a twelve year old mentality could possibly
appreciate them. But Hells Bells, I haven't been twelve years old for the
past half century.

The Europeans seem to like circus acts and clowns even more than do we
Americans. I attribute this to their eternal retardiness, no doubt caused by
their wars which have killed off all the intelligent Europeans over the past
century. Only confounded idiots are left - which is why European culture is
in serious decline. It is now not much more than a Disneyland for Americans.
The French, under Chirac, it goes without saying are beneath contempt.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old September 20th 04, 03:02 AM
Perry Butler

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I am never trying to be funny by the way, but I do mean to kill the god

damn
fools that seem to reside permanently here on ARBR.

So you're going to commit suicide soon?

Perry B

Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Calorie Estimates.... LaoFuZhi UK 59 July 26th 04 07:17 PM
Alpenrose Challenge Mike Murray Racing 0 June 13th 04 04:28 AM
FW Calling All Grassroots Women s Cycling Programs! John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 0 November 19th 03 12:45 PM
Tour de France: No Women Ever? Pbwalther General 19 July 16th 03 02:30 PM