believability list

Old May 25th 11, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default believability list

Floyd- No
Tyler - No
Frankie Andreu - Yes (with some reservation)
Betsy Andreu - No
George Hincapie - Yes
Lance - No
Hans V - No
McQuaid - No
Lance's Attorney - No
Tyler's Attoryney - No (emphatically so now that I realize Manderson was
corporate attorney for Rock & Republic)

I'm running out of people to believe! Other than, of course, rbr. This I
believe. :-)

This all really does swing on Hincapie's testimony, or perhaps something
he says subsequently, since we have no idea if he did anything but
stayed silent at the Grand Jury.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old May 25th 11, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

On 5/25/2011 8:30 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Floyd- No
Tyler - No
Frankie Andreu - Yes (with some reservation)
Betsy Andreu - No
George Hincapie - Yes
Lance - No
Hans V - No
McQuaid - No
Lance's Attorney - No
Tyler's Attoryney - No (emphatically so now that I realize Manderson was
corporate attorney for Rock& Republic)

I'm running out of people to believe! Other than, of course, rbr. This I
believe. :-)

This all really does swing on Hincapie's testimony, or perhaps something
he says subsequently, since we have no idea if he did anything but
stayed silent at the Grand Jury.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

You just have to know when to believe them, not if. I do believe Floyd
and Tyler when they say they doped their entire career. I don't believe
them when they say they never doped. It's really pretty simple.

Old May 25th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BLafferty[_4_]

On May 25, 11:35*am, dave a wrote:
[...]

I've being saying Armstrong is a doper since 1994, Mike. Believe it.
Old May 25th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 5/25/2011 10:30 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
This all really does swing on Hincapie's testimony, or perhaps something
he says subsequently, since we have no idea if he did anything but
stayed silent at the Grand Jury.

If doping for a bike race was illegal you'd be correct about that.
Beyond that most people think LANCE doped so I'm not sure so I'm
not sure Hincapie's testimony matters.

Old May 25th 11, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Juan Gunderson

On May 25, 8:42*am, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
On 5/25/2011 10:30 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

This all really does swing on Hincapie's testimony, or perhaps something
he says subsequently, since we have no idea if he did anything but
stayed silent at the Grand Jury.

If doping for a bike race was illegal you'd be correct about that.
Beyond that most people think LANCE doped so I'm not sure so I'm
not sure Hincapie's testimony matters.

Hey Schwartz,
Nobody said doping for a bike race is illegal. But you already knew
this.

Thanks,
Juan
Old May 25th 11, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"BLafferty" wrote in message
On May 25, 11:35 am, dave a wrote:
[...]

What I've said has been pretty consistent. The evidence has been heresay
and weakly circumstantial. We have still lacked corroborating witnesses
(to the same event) and forensic evidence. Reading rbr, you'd think the
scope of this has spread to the White House. I've also said,
consistently, that the veracity of nearly every star witness has been
questionable at best. You (presumably) saw the 60 minutes interview. Did
you get from that a sense that Tyler was introduced to doping by Lance's
team at USPS? That certainly increases the drama, but at the expense of
the truth.

Right now there are ten different story lines playing out. We'll see,
hopefully shortly, how they all converge. And in the end, if it turns
out that Lance has in fact doped his way to 7 TdF victories and somehow
managed to keep those ten different story lines off his back for this
long, and made it this difficult to come up with forensic evidence, the
guy should be appointed to the secret office at the CIA in charge of
ultra-covert operations.

Logic says that you'd have to be the most superhuman person ever to win
the TdF against fields of known dopers. Or be a doper yourself. But even
if there was a 10% chance Lance was that "most superhuman person ever"
he wouldn't get the benefit of that chance because he's such a
polarizing entity, someone or something that gets under some people's
skin in a way they don't want to scratch, they want to tear the limb
off. Abrasive, obnoxious, arrogant, calculating and incredibly
intelligent in matters of public manipulation in the eyes of his
detractors, setting up an organization to reflect a benevolent image at
odds with the darker side (a darker side that does not depend upon
doping to be dark). His is a life of passion rather than logic, for good
and for bad. On rbr, passion wins out big time. Why I try to fight it is
a mystery.

Old May 25th 11, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Hey Schwartz,
Nobody said doping for a bike race is illegal. But you already knew
this.

Thanks,
Juan

Juan - Is it illegal for Bob Schwartz to have his head completely
lodged up his ass?
Old May 25th 11, 07:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark

On May 25, 12:24*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"BLafferty" wrote in message

On May 25, 11:35 am, dave a wrote:

[...]

--Mike-- * * Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com- Hide quoted text -

Adorno had it all figured out in Minima Moralia. Social pathologies
haven`t really changed since 1951. As he also wrote, passion can be a
sign of `chaste hardness and intolerance.`

`Among today’s cunning practitioners, the lie has long since lost its
honest function, of concealing something real. No-one believes anyone,
everyone is in the loop. Lies are told only when someone wants others
to know they aren’t important, that the former does not need the
latter, and does not care what they think. Today the lie, once a
liberal means of communication, has become one of the techniques of
brazenness, with whose help every single person spreads the iciness,
in whose shelter they thrive.`
Old May 25th 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_3_]

On 25/05/2011 19:38, Mark wrote:
`Among today’s cunning practitioners, the lie has long since lost its
honest function, of concealing something real. No-one believes anyone,
everyone is in the loop. Lies are told only when someone wants others
to know they aren’t important, that the former does not need the
latter, and does not care what they think. Today the lie, once a
liberal means of communication, has become one of the techniques of
brazenness, with whose help every single person spreads the iciness,
in whose shelter they thrive.`

Lance Armstrong in a nutshell...nice post.
Old May 25th 11, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

wrote:

"BLafferty" wrote in message

On May 25, 11:35 am, dave a wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the book rec. I'll check it out.

Once you have completed your preparation to list the item, you willneed to choose a price. Take into consideration the original cost of the item,its current condition and items that are similar on the website. You are nowready to list your used cloth [email protected] General 0 April 20th 08 07:20 PM
List Nuxx Bar UK 84 February 25th 08 08:00 AM
The list so far? Hell and High Water Racing 4 July 1st 06 12:02 PM
The LIST ! Keith Racing 2 June 30th 06 03:12 PM
Leaving the list The Wogster General 15 February 15th 06 07:54 PM