justice for death of a fellow two wheeler

Old December 11th 03, 01:43 AM
brian hughes

Default justice for death of a fellow two wheeler

"Leland Milton Goldblatt PhD" wrote in
message m...
you should have heard those idiots from his state saying how they felt
sorry for him. the sucker he manslaughter on the bike may have voted
for him if he was a member of abate.

Kind of remind me how the idiots from Massachusetts keep voting for this guy
who gets drunk, grabs his date (not his wife), takes a drive off a
bridge--drowning his date/passenger. Then waits until he sobers up the next
day to report his crime of manslaughter (after consulting with various
political advisors and attorneys first, of course). But unlike this case in
South Dakota, what do you think the punishment is for this drunk from
Massachusetts? Well the Democrats almost nominate him as their presidential
nominee and the people of Massachusetts have repeatedly elected him as their
Senator for decades. I guess it could have been worse, he could have ran
down and killed a bike rider before driving off the bridge. I wonder, maybe
the people from Massachusetts would have only elected this Democrat as a
House of Congress Representative instead of Senator if that had been the
case.

Old December 12th 03, 06:59 AM
Dean Arthur

Default OT - form of gov't.

The main thing to get from the conviction is that we have a democracy
that works in this country where folks can get justice.

Last time I checked, in June, 2003, we were still under the auspices of
a constitution and are a republic.

How did you get sidetracked into thinking that this is a democracy?
Old December 12th 03, 07:02 AM
Dean Arthur

...eat dog food to survive

I'll have you know that regulations concerning the quality of dog food
are stronger than those controlling the swill sold as ?human? food
elswhere in this country.
Old December 12th 03, 07:05 AM
Dean Arthur

Rocketman wrote:

It's much worse than
anybody dreamed possible back in those prosperous and carefree days before
Election 2000, the end of democracy as we knew it in the US.

The ignorance of some teachers...this country started as a
constitutional republic. Can you give me the date, time and location
when & where it degraded into a unlawful but "legal" demo[n]cracy?
Old December 12th 03, 07:06 AM
Dean Arthur

Chuck Davis wrote:

The price of a can of Alpo can buy some
reasonable human food.

Just not SAFE human food!
Old December 12th 03, 02:23 PM
Pat

The main thing to get from the conviction is that we have a democracy
that works in this country where folks can get justice.

Last time I checked, in June, 2003, we were still under the auspices of
a constitution and are a republic.

How did you get sidetracked into thinking that this is a democracy?

This country IS a democracy. We are also a Republic. The two terms are not
antagonistic.

DEMOCRACY:
1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b : a
government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised
by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually
involving periodically held free elections
2 : a political unit that has a democratic government

REPUBLIC:

1 a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who
in modern times is usually a president (2) : a political unit (as a nation)
having such a form of government b (1) : a government in which supreme power
resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected
officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to
law (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government c
: a usually specified republican government of a political unit the French
Fourth Republic

If you'll study these two dictionary definitions, you'll see that the U.S.A.
is both a democracy and a republic. The democracy is our form of
government: the republic is how this government functions.

Pat in TX

Old December 12th 03, 10:28 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:23:12 -0600, "Pat" wrote:

This country IS a democracy

News to me. I thought it was an oiligarchy ;-)

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old December 13th 03, 05:26 AM
Edward Dolan

"DH" wrote in message ...

To those of you who pleasure yourselves by blaming Ed Dolan for the off
topic political threads please take notice. Mr. Dolan started an on

topic
thread whereupon Rocketman and the Nutty Professor immediately changed

it to
an Off Topic Hate Bush love in.

Skip, there are some who will automatically respond when someone makes an
'I'm proud to be a/an [fill in the nationality of you choice]'.
Nationalism is the bait. I am not defending the two replies to Ed, but
that is exactly how it works. Ed will now be forced to respond and this
thread for further **** off more people.

This will be my final post in this thread.

DH, you have got that right about the nationalism bit. The America
haters and the Bush haters just can't stand it. I did not respond to
the Nutty Professor and to the equally Nutty Rocketman because I was
mainly busy on other OT threads and could not imagine that I had said
anything controversial that would set off the mad dog liberals. I am
constantly underestimating their venom and their spite. At least now
you know why I treat them all with the contempt they so richly
deserve. They are not rational and don't even pretend to be.

By the way, this is why the Dems are going to lose big time in 2004 if
Dean is their man. Americans will not vote for angry haters like Dean
and the liberal mad dogs that he represents. No way!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old December 13th 03, 09:15 AM
Edward Dolan

"brian hughes" wrote in message link.net...

[...]

Hey, Brian, I could not have said it better myself! Mass. and Minn.
are the most doltish states in the entire country. We regularly elect
liberals just because they are liberals. It wouldn't matter if they
were mass murderers - we would still elect them to high office as long
as they are liberals and say the right incantations.

But can you believe this Nutty Professor Goldblatt, Ph.D.? I have
known many professors in my day, but he sure takes the cake. I do not
believe of course that he is a professor at all and he surely has no
Ph.D., unless it is from a bogus institution, you know, the kind where
you buy your degrees.

Well, this is why I do not get too excited about Usenet. Just anyone
at all can come on here and be as crazy as they want. But note how
Rocketman fell for him hook, line and sinker. One nut always
recognizes another nut! I think Rocketman even wanted some of his
lines for his own usage. You have to see this stuff in order to
believe it!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old December 13th 03, 03:09 PM
skip

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
om...
"brian hughes" wrote in message

link.net...

But can you believe this Nutty Professor Goldblatt, Ph.D.? I have
known many professors in my day, but he sure takes the cake. I do not
believe of course that he is a professor at all and he surely has no
Ph.D., unless it is from a bogus institution, you know, the kind where
you buy your degrees.

Well, this is why I do not get too excited about Usenet. Just anyone
at all can come on here and be as crazy as they want. But note how
Rocketman fell for him hook, line and sinker. One nut always
recognizes another nut! I think Rocketman even wanted some of his
lines for his own usage. You have to see this stuff in order to
believe it!

The Goldblatt thing is a joke. A PhD from Toe U. That's good. Better yet
check out the website of his current wife. She's the one with two cherries
tattooed on her ass and a PhD from a university that doesn't exist. If you
are married you might not want to have your wife looking over your shoulder
if you go to her site. It ain't bicycles that are recumbent there.

skip