justice for death of a fellow two wheeler

Old December 14th 03, 05:43 AM
Edward Dolan

Default justice for death of a fellow two wheeler

"skip" wrote in message ...
[...]
The Goldblatt thing is a joke. A PhD from Toe U. That's good. Better yet
check out the website of his current wife. She's the one with two cherries
tattooed on her ass and a PhD from a university that doesn't exist. If you
are married you might not want to have your wife looking over your shoulder
if you go to her site. It ain't bicycles that are recumbent there.

skip

Man skip! I have got to lighten up. I fall for every jokester that
comes down the pike. No, I do not have any wife to be looking over my
shoulder. Maybe if I did I wouldn't be so gullible all the time. We
hermits are trusting souls and always take everyone at their word. As
I would not lie to anyone, I cannot imagine anyone lying to me. It is
a failure of the imagination for sure!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old December 15th 03, 02:27 AM
skip

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
om...

snip

We
hermits are trusting souls and always take everyone at their word. As
I would not lie to anyone, I cannot imagine anyone lying to me. It is
a failure of the imagination for sure!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

I would be better person if I had more of your innocence and less of my
cynicism / skepticism.

skip

Old December 15th 03, 08:31 PM
stratrider

(Edward Dolan) wrote in message
DH, you have got that right about the nationalism bit. The America
haters and the Bush haters just can't stand it. I did not respond to
the Nutty Professor and to the equally Nutty Rocketman because I was
mainly busy on other OT threads and could not imagine that I had said
anything controversial that would set off the mad dog liberals. I am
constantly underestimating their venom and their spite. At least now
you know why I treat them all with the contempt they so richly
deserve. They are not rational and don't even pretend to be.

Ed, isn't ironic how the left can change the subject to a political OT
thread without being accused of ruining the arbr! I am losing my
composure! There is NO rational thought behind the nutty professor's
comments! Worse, still, he is probably filly the minds of young
people with his version of social justice and political correctness!
It's BULL****! And for those of you who have been around long enough,
it's this PC BULL**** that long preceded Ed's response to it! That is
a fact!

By the way, this is why the Dems are going to lose big time in 2004 if
Dean is their man. Americans will not vote for angry haters like Dean
and the liberal mad dogs that he represents. No way!

And while I have many issues with some of the President's policies, I
have not heard anthing for Dean that would move me to vote for the
good doctor!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 15th 03, 08:51 PM
Pat

The ignorance of some teachers...this country started as a
constitutional republic. Can you give me the date, time and location
when & where it degraded into a unlawful but "legal" demo[n]cracy?

This country has ALWAYS been a democracy. You are showing your own
ignorance. Before you go yelling at others, you should correct your own
ignorance.

Pat in TX

Old December 15th 03, 11:53 PM
Howard

"Pat" wrote in -
berlin.de:

This country has ALWAYS been a democracy. You are showing your own
ignorance. Before you go yelling at others, you should correct your own
ignorance.

Pat in TX

Not to nitpick, but...what is commonly called a democracy is almost never
a democracy, but an adaptation of it. A pure democracy is really nothing
but "mob rule" and affords no protections to anyone not in the majority.
For example, a true democracy could legally elect to execute anyone who
wore yellow shirts on Wednesdays.

Thus Texas never was a democracy, nor has it yet been governed by one.

Under Spain it was governed by a Monarchy, likewise under France.

Mexico during the period of interest did have a weak federal government,
but its collapse into a dictatorship led to the appropriately named
Republic of Texas which was a republic, as were the confederate states of
America.

The USA was founded as a republic (unnerving though it is to agree
publicly with D*l*n), and in spite of some claims to the contrary, has
remained so to date.

Or perhaps you wrote of a country other than Spain, France, Mexico,
Texas, the csa, or the USA?

Anyway, where's the bent content?

Howard (not yelling, just remembering some pleasant days and really nice
people he once knew near Midlothian, Odessa, and Twitty, Texas)

bit shift etc. to respond.
Old December 16th 03, 04:07 AM
Pat

I see you still haven't consulted a dictionary and STILL don't know that a
democracy and a republic CAN exist at the same time--in fact, AFAIK, always
exist at the same time. So, read a dictionary and weep and keep the
political threads off of the newsgroup.

Main Entry: de·moc·ra·cy
Pronunciation: di-'mä-kr&-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
Etymology: Middle French democratie, from Late Latin democratia, from Greek
dEmokratia, from dEmos + -kratia -cracy
Date: 1576
1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b : a
government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised
by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually
involving periodically held free elections.

Pat in TX which is a democracy as is the United States of America.

Attached Images

Date: 1576
1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b : a
government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised
by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually
involving periodically held free elections.

Pat in TX which is a democracy as is the United States of America.

Or this one:

de·moc·ra·cy n. pl. de·moc·ra·cies
Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected
representatives.
A political or social unit that has such a government.
The common people, considered as the primary source of political
power.
Majority rule.
The principles of social equality and respect for the individual
within a community.

re·pub·lic n.

A political order whose head of state is not a monarch and in modern
times is usually a president.
A nation that has such a political order.
A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of
citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives
responsible to them.
A nation that has such a political order.

So which type is the USA? Personally, I would lean with the republic
definition.
Old December 16th 03, 07:56 PM
jhuskey

Pat wrote:
I see you still haven't consulted a dictionary and STILL don't know that
a democracy and a republic CAN exist at the same time--in fact, AFAIK,
always exist at the same time. So, read a dictionary and weep and keep
the political threads off of the newsgroup.
Main Entry: de·moc·ra·cy Pronunciation: di-'mä-kr&-sE Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies Etymology: Middle French democratie,
from Late Latin democratia, from Greek dEmokratia, from dEmos + -kratia
-cracy Date: 1576 1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of
the majority b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in
the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system
of representation usually involving periodically held free elections.
Pat in TX which is a democracy as is the United States of America.

This is way off the original subject but here my "two cents worth". I am
by no means a student of govermental history or a political science
major but I do not believe that the US system cannot be accurately
defined out of a dictionary, since there has never been such a complex
establishment. It is refered to as "The Great Experiment" and seems to
be constantly evolving and adapting. For better or worse I don't know!
Just my opinion!