justice for death of a fellow two wheeler

Old January 1st 04, 05:26 PM
Pat

Default justice for death of a fellow two wheeler

No Pat, I'm not Mr. Dolan. I'm just someone who is totally astonished that
you can write something so incredibly hypocritical when you yourself are
throwing spitballs. For example, when you tell someone they are showing
their ignorance and need to fix their ignorance or when you tell someone
they need to read a dictionary and weep, that is exactly the kind of
belittling of other people you are now objecting to.

I see. So, Ed Dolan says these things countless times to MANY people and yet
when one single person dares to tell him that he is wrong in the same
language he uses, that is enough to "totally astonish" you? I get it now. He
should be allowed to rant and rave untrue things and no one should ever
attempt to bring him up short because that would be rude? If you will
re-read the posts, you will see that I wasn't "belittling" a normal
person--just one who has been running roughshod over people without someone
calling him to account for it. From your post, I am seeing that you want
everybody to bear his rantings without so much as a peep, and, if someone is
actually bold enough to reply, that reply should be done in a sheeplike
manner so as not to offend you. That is what "astonishes" me. You not only
defer to the bully but you then defend him should someone finally say
"enough!"

By the way, none of
these derogatory statements of you made were even directed at Ed

Dolan-they
were against other posters. So why do you believe it is okay for you to

do
it, but not anyone else (and then blame Ed?)

See my remarks above. Evidently you believe everyone should not face up to
the bully or they will be called the same as the bully. Sorry, but it won't
wash. Yes, I noticed he was aiming them at other posters. But, this is not
his own private website and I got tired of him highjacking it for his stupid
means. Someone has to stand up against the bully. I see it will never be
you.

Don't you even notice your
hypocrisy (or are you a politician)? No you are not in Ed's category, you
are in a category all to yourself.

It is amazing to me that you would bash somebody merely for standing up to a
bully. Don't you notice your own lack of guts? Yes, you are in a category
all to yourself---a category of one person who likes and supports bullies.

By the way, for you to say anyone is
grossly mistaken is also incorrect. As I noted in another post, the US
government classifies itself as "Constitution-based federal republic;

strong
democratic tradition" ref
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...elds/2128.html

yeah, and that is a democracy. He absolutely said that this country is NOT
a democracy in any way shape or from. So, he is wrong. S0 are you.

Pat in TX

Old January 1st 04, 06:35 PM
brian hughes

"Pat" wrote in message

[...]

So Pat, in your mind being a total hypocrite and belittling other people not
related to Ed Dolan is okay and is somehow standing up to Ed Dolan, which
that takes guts like yours...Wow, you must really impress yourself. You're
a real superhero of cyberspace. Also pointing out how the US government
classifies itself is now wrong too since it doesn't match what you
believe....and you're the ultimate authority on that, not the US government.
The US government is in fact defined by whatever YOU decide it is. Thanks
for that clarification.

Brian

Old January 1st 04, 07:15 PM
skip

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
om...

snip
William F. Buckley ran for the office of Mayor of New York City. He
self destructed almost immediately, and so would we all.

If I recollect correctly Mr. Buckley strongly advocated elevated bikeways
for NYC. Pretty radical idea for an arch-conservative, eh?

skip

Old January 2nd 04, 11:26 AM
Edward Dolan

"brian hughes" wrote in message thlink.net...

"Pat" wrote in message

[...]

Who is this Pat jerk from Texas? For some strange reason I am not
seeing his posts on the Google ARBR web page. I am only getting his
posts second hand from Mr. Brian Hughes.

So here is a jerk (Pat) who has killed filed me and yet continues to
discuss me and my posts and I do not even see his posts on the Google
ARBR web page. Maybe he should un-kill file me if he wants to discuss
me so I can get in on it. As much as I disagree with Mr. Sherman on
almost everything under the sun, I do respect him for not taking the
coward's way out and kill filing me like Pat of Texas does (can this
guy really be from Texas?).

But worse than being a coward is just the plain bad manners of
discussing someone you have kill filed and therefore not making
yourself available for a response. Congratulations Pat, you are the
first one to ever do this, the mark of a true scoundrel.

Tell me Pat, are you seeing your posts to me or about me on the Google
web page? I am not seeing them so I do not know what the hell you are
talking about. I can not take you on if I am not seeing your posts. In
effect, you are having a one way conversation with yourself and with
Mr. Hughes. I strongly suggest you un-kill file me and make sure your
posts get on the Google web page if you would like to have a
conversation with me instead of with just yourself.

[...]

I don't believe I ever said that this country is not a democracy. On
the other hand, this country is not run like a Vermont Town Hall
meeting either or like the early city states of ancient Greece. I
strongly suggest if you want to argue with me about any of this that
you get online and get your head out of the sand where you have put it
when you kill filed me. Either that, or stop discussing me behind my
back where I cannot defend myself. Better to be a "bully" like me than
a "coward" like you!

Pat in TX

So Pat, in your mind being a total hypocrite and belittling other people not
related to Ed Dolan is okay and is somehow standing up to Ed Dolan, which
that takes guts like yours...Wow, you must really impress yourself. You're
a real superhero of cyberspace. Also pointing out how the US government
classifies itself is now wrong too since it doesn't match what you
believe....and you're the ultimate authority on that, not the US government.
The US government is in fact defined by whatever YOU decide it is. Thanks
for that clarification.

Brian

Great job Brian! You are almost up to my own high standards minus the
foul language and the invective. I can't believe I am missing out on
all this good repartee, but the fact is that I am not seeing his posts
on the Google web page. If it weren't for you, I would not be seeing
any of this. I wonder what is going on here?

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old January 2nd 04, 11:39 AM
Edward Dolan

"skip" wrote in message ...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
om...

snip
William F. Buckley ran for the office of Mayor of New York City. He
self destructed almost immediately, and so would we all.

If I recollect correctly Mr. Buckley strongly advocated elevated bikeways
for NYC. Pretty radical idea for an arch-conservative, eh?

skip

Skip, I think Gore Vidal was also running along with Buckley too.
Vidal is the world's champion liberal jackass of all time, but even he
self destructed. We are way to quick to put politicians down in this
country. They are highly intelligent as a class and as long as they
are not corrupt I am willing to listen to them.

I lived in NYC for several years in my long lost youth and I do not
know how I would ever get around in that city on a bicycle. At the
time I was a prolific user of the subways (where it was a 10 cent fare
to go anywhere in the city) and I was also a walker, one of the few
cities in this country where you can walk and never suffer a dull
moment.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old January 6th 04, 09:15 AM
DH

Default (OT) justice for death of a fellow two wheeler

To think that the Soviets would ever have spent anything on their
people to make their lives better as opposed to armaments is naive in
the extreme and marks you as a Soviet and Communist sympathizer. But
almost all liberals and socialists have this red tinge. I think it
(this red tinge) springs mostly from their hatred of capitalism and
their great resentment at its success in the Western World.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Ed, you are consistent, I'll give you that.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative. Oscar Wilde

Old January 6th 04, 03:55 PM
Edward Dolan

"DH" wrote in message ...

To think that the Soviets would ever have spent anything on their
people to make their lives better as opposed to armaments is naive in
the extreme and marks you as a Soviet and Communist sympathizer. But
almost all liberals and socialists have this red tinge. I think it
(this red tinge) springs mostly from their hatred of capitalism and
their great resentment at its success in the Western World.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Ed, you are consistent, I'll give you that.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative. Oscar Wilde

Now that the cold war is over and the Soviet Union has fallen like a
rotten apple, I am unaccustomed to hearing any more excuses ever being
made for them. When I do hear one, as you made in your previous post
in this thread, I am taken aback and hardly know what to say. My cold
war rhetoric has grown rusty from lack of use.

I do not confuse the social welfare state with socialism and
communism. They are two different birds altogether. But thorough going
socialists really ought to know better by now. The fact is that that
scheme of organizing a society just doesn't work. It goes against
human nature and so is forever doomed. We need to learn to hate all
utopian schemes as they invariably lead to nothing but tragedy for
mankind. Liberals are not as bad as socialists but there is a
strongly family resemblance nonetheless.

I suspect the US is headed in the direction of the European welfare
states. But that is not socialism. It probably is liberalism though.
But it will not extend beyond seeing to the general welfare.
Socialism, like communism, is as dead as a door nail for all eternity.
The example of the Soviets has seen to that. That is why it is so
hilarious whenever I spot the "red tinge". Only American university
professors still believe any of that kind of crap!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota