Just found out about recumbents..need to know more...

Old November 2nd 04, 04:16 AM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

Political science was not and is not my specialty.

No ****!
For real?
I had no idea.

The question arises at this point, does Slugger even know what political
science is, let alone sociology and anthropology? Has he ever even heard of
institutions where these subjects are studied? Oh to be blissfully ignorant
like Slugger! Well, he probably has a strong back which makes up for the
fact that he for sure does not have a strong mind.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 2nd 04, 09:42 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:09:52 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

No, here it is again

One thing worse than a troll who misses the point, and that's a troll
who is absolutely determined to miss the point however often it is
pointed out to him.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old November 2nd 04, 09:43 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:09:52 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

Since you do not know how to post, I have to repeat the previous post with
signature and all so that you can see it complete

Except that, as pointed out, leaving the sigsep in means that you have
broken the rules. But then, correct behaviour from you would be as
astounding as an on-topic uncontentious opinion.

Old November 2nd 04, 09:31 PM
Edward Dolan

wrote:

Since you do not know how to post, I have to repeat the previous post with
signature and all so that you can see it complete

Except that, as pointed out, leaving the sigsep in means that you have
broken the rules. But then, correct behaviour from you would be as
astounding as an on-topic uncontentious opinion.

This thread died and went to hell long ago, but here is Guy Chapman, ever
the idiot, determined to have the last word about nothing. Since I can't
stand to look at his stupid signature any longer I am going to let him have
the last word and delete this thread from my newsreader. Now he will have
something to tell his grandchildren about, how he got the last word with the
great Ed Dolan - even if it was only the dumbest last word in Usenet
history.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 2nd 04, 09:57 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:31:52 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote in message :

This thread died and went to hell long ago

No, that was just us wishing that you had done so.

Feel free to have the last turd. I mean word. Freudian slip, what
with all the crap you spout and all.

Old November 10th 04, 04:54 AM
Michael J. Klein

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:29:04 -0600, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Michael J. Klein wrote:

On 23 Oct 2004 19:38:55 GMT, othanks (James S. Prine)
wrote:

The government here is already Totalitarian, so there is no need to
scare the Citizens into giving up their liberties and accepting new
Patriot laws.

It was like that in 1972 while I was there. Beautiful country and an amazing
people.

James S. Prine

James, totalitarianism is a Chinese way of life throughout history.
The good part is, unlike the USA, where career cops and military are
moving into what is a new era of totalitarianism there, in Taiwan its
decades old, so its actually more free. The police are not career at
all; they are 9 to 5 people and will not take action if its a hassle.
You see news stories on TV frequently where the government asks police
to be more aggressive in their investigations, etc. Its going to take
the US some time for the "communist complacency" to set it. Under
those systems it doesn't matter if you work hard or not, so people
don't....

Hard work does not get one anywhere in most jobs in the US. Currying
favor with the "higher ups" is much more rewarding.

I remember when I thought that talent and success were related. I
also used to think that hard work and success were related. Now I
know that you don't even have to be smart if you're lucky.

Michael J. Klein

Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings
Old November 10th 04, 05:26 AM
James S. Prine

career cops and military are
moving into what is a new era of totalitarianism there

I've been a career policeman in the U.S. since 1975. As for totalitarianism, I
find that interesting, but I have yet to see it here...if anything, the police
themselves are under increasing scrutiny and ever-tighter control, not the
people they police.

The police are not career at
all; they are 9 to 5 people and will not take action if its a hassle.

Here we are still working under regulations that an Officer *must* take action,
even off-duty, if it's possible...doing otherwise is referred to as
"malfeasance in office" and is reckoned to be a felony; whereas most
departments also have regulations relating to "conduct unbecoming" and
"cowardice."

Its going to take
the US some time for the "communist complacency" to set it.

LOL...I seriously doubt that will happen, at least in my lifetime. But, one
never knows....

James S. Prine
http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/b...=0-595-29946-6
http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/