Just found out about recumbents..need to know more...

Old October 15th 04, 07:44 PM
EVsolutions

IF Israel is such a bad place for you, why not just emigrate to another
country?

Joshua

"Elhanan Maayan" wrote in message
om...
but that's the whole point we CAN'T change it, you can. your
presidents elects the judges if i'm not mistaken not a scret comitte,
your media is open for comptetion, our is not. your D.A'S are elected
as well, ours are not.

you say you change things by elections, you'd be right, only problem
is, in our country, our Prime Minister is doing exactly the opposite
of what he was eleceted for, it's not the first time too. so it
doesn't matter who we elect they always end up doing what they want.
our prime minister's party, is the largest (we have more then 2), and
a large portion of it objects to our pm's actions on settlemetns
evictions, and acts against, wanting to return to there party's
offical line which got it elected in the first place. you know what
the called in the media ? rebels, nothing more nothing less, they
called rebels becouse they want to revert back to the truth and follow
blidnlinly after the 'leader', this just another example of the
distortion of concepts and truth we have the endure. in USA, both
party have equel voices. one side cannot close the other side's mouth

oh btw, did i mention our pm and his famlity are under investigation
for financial loans and campagin contribution?, strangly this
investigation is also being dragged, and our pm's ideas about evicting
jews started around the time the investigation begun.

change administration? sure, anytime you want actually since 1992, we
never had one single administration closing a 4 year term, in 10 years
we changed 4 prime ministers, each time from a different site left or
right, the policy of retreat remained the same however.

if any right wing member tries to critisize the left wing they are
immidietly charged with sedition.

Old October 15th 04, 08:09 PM
Edward Dolan

"BDK" wrote in message

Edward Dolan Wrote:
"Elhanan Maayan" wrote in message
om...
[...]
last but least, riding a bike in the roads of israel is considred
rather dangerous, i don't know about bents.

what do u think?

My God almighty! Riding any kind of a bike on the roads in Israel is
positively suicidal. Don't you know those Arab Muslim *******s are
trying to
kill you? If you want to ride a bicycle, you had best think about
emigrating
to America. The only kind of vehicle I would want to be in in Israel is
tank - and I would always shoot first and ask questions later.

Death to the Muslim foe! And g.d. ****ing France all the way to hell
and
back while we are at it. And God bless Israel, the only civilized state
in
the entire Middle East!

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Ed, tell us how you really feel...

BDK

But wouldn't you for once in your life like to hear a high government
official (like maybe the President) or a major figure in the media (like
Bill O'Reilly) say precisely what I have just said above? I would
immediately drop dead from the shock of it and so would everyone else in the
country, yet that is surely what everyone is thinking.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 15th 04, 08:21 PM
Pat

in USA, both
: party have equel voices. one side cannot close the other side's mouth
:
: The liberal media in this country is intent on doing just that. They
cannot
: succeed however because we have a variety of institutions which prevent
it.
: Nonetheless, the major media are a burden on this country. They exhibit
: liberal bias and it is increasing difficult to get the news out of them
: anymore. That is one of the reasons that talk radio has become so
important
: in the US. It is an alternative to the major media.

Whoa, there, Big Ed. You haven't been to Texas where the Conservatives try
every day to silence anybody who toesn't toe the party line. They use the
word "Liberal" as an epithet. People all the time write letters to the
editor of the Dallas Morning News urging them to take any columnist off the
pages who isn't hard right conservative AND to only write news from a
conservative approach. State legislators have gerrymandered the voting
districts to insure only conservatives are elected. Talk radio is not a
"news" organization of any sort. It's just right wingers making other right
wingers feel good about each other. To be "news" it would have to have some
semblance of fairness---and do you honestly think you could say that Rush
Limbaugh has anything to do with truth, fact, and fairness? This poster
shold be aware that you are only giving him a slanted view of the U.S.,
slanted to the right.

Pat in TX

Old October 15th 04, 08:24 PM
Pat

: "Edward Dolan" wrote in message
: Jeff needs to get up
: to speed on what is happening in the world.
:
: Let's see- I was born in Holland. I've traveled through most of North
: America, plus Taiwan, Germany and France. My dad's currently in China
: and my little sister's in Yemen...
:
: Yes, Ed, I know what's happening in the world.
:
: Jeff

You've got to remember that Ed only sees one side of every discussion. If
facts disagree with him, he just creates a straw man. Very convenient, but
tiresome.

Pat in TX

Old October 15th 04, 09:15 PM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

There is absolutely nothing that you can
say on any topic that I cannot think of something to say about what you
say
and about you personally for good measure. Be warned!

huh?
Is that angalish?

Here is a better way to say what I meant:

No matter what you say in your posts regardless of subject, I can respond
with a comment. And I can throw something in of a personal nature while I am
at it. Be warned!

Is your response to Elhanan's post on topic?

Yes, it was. He was asking if it was safe to cycle in Israel and I told him
it was extremely dangerous because of all the terrorism taking place there.
Anyone riding about the countryside in Israel is a sitting duck just waiting
to be murdered. Aren't you glad we live in America?

It greatly amuses me to be taken to task by total idiots like Slugger who
doesn't have a clue about how to post. The above post of his illustrates
this perfectly. I would try to educate him but I know he is hopeless from
past experience. Anyone who wastes time and effort on an idiot is also an
idiot.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 15th 04, 09:43 PM
Edward Dolan

"Pat" wrote in message

in USA, both
: party have equel voices. one side cannot close the other side's mouth
:
: The liberal media in this country is intent on doing just that. They
cannot
: succeed however because we have a variety of institutions which prevent
it.
: Nonetheless, the major media are a burden on this country. They exhibit
: liberal bias and it is increasingly difficult to get the news out of
them
: anymore. That is one of the reasons that talk radio has become so
important
: in the US. It is an alternative to the major media.

Whoa, there, Big Ed. You haven't been to Texas where the Conservatives try
every day to silence anybody who toesn't toe the party line. They use the
word "Liberal" as an epithet. People all the time write letters to the
editor of the Dallas Morning News urging them to take any columnist off
the
pages who isn't hard right conservative AND to only write news from a
conservative approach.

Minnesota is just the reverse of Texas if what you say is true. We are
perhaps the most liberal state in the country next to Mass. I should be
living in Texas where I would be among kindred spirits. But I was mainly
thinking of the major national media, not local media. You know - like the
New York Times and CBS. Our media are increasing being politicized. Soon we
will choose what newspaper to read based solely on politics. I believe it
has long been that way in Europe.

State legislators have gerrymandered the voting
districts to insure only conservatives are elected.

Gerrymandering is getting to be a national scandal. Both parties do it .That
is the main reason our elections are no longer competitive anymore.
Something will have to be done about it sooner or later.

Talk radio is not a
"news" organization of any sort. It's just right wingers making other
right
wingers feel good about each other. To be "news" it would have to have
some
semblance of fairness---and do you honestly think you could say that Rush
Limbaugh has anything to do with truth, fact, and fairness? This poster
shold be aware that you are only giving him a slanted view of the U.S.,
slanted to the right.

Yes, talk radio is all about commentary and nothing else by and large. But
that is why I resort to it. The major media are also into a lot of
commentary too, but they are not honest about it. They camouflage it as
news. The recent CBS scandal involving Dan Rather illustrates this nicely.
NPR isn't much better. They are all very liberally biased. I like my
commentary up front and not hidden as "news."

Rush Limbaugh is the best political commentator this country has ever had.
But he is primarily an entertainer which is why he is so deadly to liberals.
One can learn a lot of news by following him, but of course he is mainly a
commentator. You don't think Dan Rather isn't?

I stand by my statement that the major media of this country are liberal
They are clearly biased to the left. You cannot get fair and balanced
reporting from them.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 15th 04, 09:49 PM
Edward Dolan

"Pat" wrote in message

: "Edward Dolan" wrote in message
: Jeff needs to get up
: to speed on what is happening in the world.
:
: Let's see- I was born in Holland. I've traveled through most of North
: America, plus Taiwan, Germany and France. My dad's currently in China
: and my little sister's in Yemen...
:
: Yes, Ed, I know what's happening in the world.
:
: Jeff

You've got to remember that Ed only sees one side of every discussion. If
facts disagree with him, he just creates a straw man. Very convenient, but
tiresome.

Pat in TX

Spoken like a true Texas liberal! But what would any liberal know about
facts. The only thing they know about facts is how to "select" them. But two
can play at that game. They have their facts and I have my facts. Same thing
about the straw man business.

Anyone but me ever notice how "tiresome" all conversation is that doesn't
agree with you?

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 15th 04, 10:58 PM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

from what i can tell u have yet to master anything yet

Careful there Leuck. You are starting to step on my posts when they have
nothing to do with you. Either respond to the substance of what I say or I
will return the favor. If I do that, you and the rest of the group will

not
like it much, but you already know what I think of you and the rest of the
group. This is the second time I have warned you about this. From now on
there will be instant retaliation. There is absolutely nothing that you

can
say on any topic that I cannot think of something to say about what you

say
and about you personally for good measure. Be warned!

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

im shaking in my boots

Old October 16th 04, 12:44 AM
Slugger

In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

"Slugger" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

There is absolutely nothing that you can
say on any topic that I cannot think of something to say about what you
say
and about you personally for good measure. Be warned!

huh?
Is that angalish?

Here is a better way to say what I meant:

No matter what you say in your posts regardless of subject, I can respond
with a comment. And I can throw something in of a personal nature while I am
at it. Be warned!

Is your response to Elhanan's post on topic?

Yes, it was. He was asking if it was safe to cycle in Israel and I told him
it was extremely dangerous because of all the terrorism taking place there.
Anyone riding about the countryside in Israel is a sitting duck just waiting
to be murdered. Aren't you glad we live in America?

I'm glad to live in Canada where i feel safe from insane gun toting
Americans who if they do not like what you have to say will "change the
channel" so to speak.

It greatly amuses me to be taken to task by total idiots like Slugger who
doesn't have a clue about how to post. The above post of his illustrates
this perfectly. I would try to educate him but I know he is hopeless from
past experience. Anyone who wastes time and effort on an idiot is also an
idiot.

It amuses me that someone who thinks his intelligence is high enough to
take everyone to task and cause a stir in the group would post
something like :
"There is absolutely nothing that you can
say on any topic that I cannot think of something to say about what you
say and about you personally for good measure. Be warned!"
From the mind of Ed Dolan.
Old October 16th 04, 05:33 AM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

"Slugger" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

From the mind of Ed Dolan.

Also from the mind of Ed Dolan: I, the personal pronoun, should always be
capitalized. Instead you write it "i." How dumb is that?

I would take more time and effort with my posts if there weren't so many
idiots on this group such as yourself. However, I do note a slight
improvement lately in the quality of your posts. Keep up the good work and
who knows - maybe some day I will allow you into the company of educated men
and I will have to take you seriously.

By the way, just because you are Canadian doesn't mean you have to think and
act like an idiot all the time.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota